Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

You jest of course sir !

If that should indeed be the case then they must have the drop on us over something or other.

Nope, maybe not the reliable of sources, but ''talksport'' understands that Liverpool have enquired regarding the availability and injury status of Rodriguez....and Man City are also monitoring the situation, but the man city bit is too far fetched for me.

I think MP is lurking too, but his problem is that he has no money. Never mind poor old MP.

Liverpool have now made an official approach/enquiry for Jay Rodriguez.

Another one gone then.

Where was this from? There must be something which keeps encouraging Liverpool that whenever they bid enough, we will keep selling. Whether it's feedback from agents or encouragement from within our club to keep them coming.

My levels of disgust would be even higher with Jay Rod than Lovren seeing as here we are nursing him back to fitness only for him to b*gger off too...

http://talksport.com/football/liverpool-make-rodriguez-enquiry-man-city-lurk-140727104109

Liverpool have made an enquiry about the availability of Jay Rodriguez, talkSPORT understands.

The Reds are currently looking at strengthening their forward line following Luis Suarez’s £75million move to Barcelona, but Loic Remy’s proposed switch fell through after he failed a medical.

And now Brendan Rodgers, who has already signed Rickie Lambert and Lazar Markovic in an attempt to bolster his frontline, is turning his attention to Rodriguez.

The English forward was offered a new deal at Southampton this summer but is yet to put pen-to-paper as a number of the club’s star men have left St Mary’s along with manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Rodgers will be keen to wrap up a deal quickly for the 24-year-old, who is currently sidelined with an anterior cruciate ligament injury, as Manchester City are also keen on the ex-Burnley star.

Any danger of setting up a bed wetting/happy clappers thread so people can ***** and moan at each other there and just keep this one for actual transfer rumours! This thread is mostly dross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no one knows KL long term strategy, she inherited the club, where the club is now is not due to her strategy but the luck of her being the daughter of ML

and all that was in motion prior to her going more public. all well and good her going to games and smiling, the fans deserve more

Well, I'm not sure we know it was Markus' strategy either, and considering she was the owner for the main part of our rise, there's no need to belittle her role. She's doing exactly as here father did - going to games and smiling.

Well, I'm not sure we know it was Markus' strategy either, and considering she was the owner for the main part of our rise, there's no need to belittle her role. She's doing exactly as here father did - going to games and smiling.

wasnt the company in probate for a LONG time?

Liverpool have bid for Jay Rod following the Remy deal collapsing.

I still struggle to see him leaving whilst injured( i still think he'll likely be out till close to new year). Most likely we'll have to rehabilitate him, get him fit, get him match fit and then he'll be flogged in summer.

Liverpool have bid for Jay Rod following the Remy deal collapsing.

As long as they're willing to pay what he was worth before his injury. He was our best player for chunks of last season. £30 million should do it.

Must be a bloody low bid for someone recovering from a cruciate injury.........

chambers and a crocked rodriguez

sooner or later, boruc, fonte and cork will be in the shop window (if not already) just by process of elimination

I can't see what Liverpool would want in a crock that's not going to be fit until next year and might never be as good as he was again. They need somebody now, just as we do.

I guess the consensus is that he will be back sooner than thought. I thought it was October? what a cracking player to have to come into the squad for 25+ games

Could see the JRod/Lambert/Lallana trio again!

Odd though, they just seem to want to stockpile players. They've signed some good ones but I can only see them struggling to work out what the hell their best team is and it's going to cost them.

I can't see those three being good enough for the Liverpool fans, they're going to expect a lot better than them.

Could see the JRod/Lambert/Lallana trio again!

Odd though, they just seem to want to stockpile players. They've signed some good ones but I can only see them struggling to work out what the hell their best team is and it's going to cost them.

A crock, a granddad and a small fish in a big pond. I can't see them being the same trio that played so well for us last season.

According to dutch reporters, that usually are well connected to the clubs, the only club that has bid for De Vrij is Lazio.

Feyenoord "only" wants €9m, Lazio offering €7-8m atm.

Would make me sick if we´re not at least looking into it if he would be interested to join up again with Koeman but no such reports from these reporters.

I can understand if might be reluctant to go and get too many players from Feyenoord considering his status there with club & fans but if the players are leaving anyway for other clubs that shouldn´t be an issue imo.

I guarantee England would have been better with that trio. Yet the fan reaction would have been hugely negative towards it.

Move awaaay from the crack pipe. Did you not notice all those games last year where we lacked cutting edge or the ability to put a strong shot on target?

You don't think having far better squad options might change that? We had next to nothing beyond it, and it wouldn't be their first choice, just a great option.

If Saints had had Sturridge, Sterling and one of their CBs last season, I seriously doubt that would have been a 26 point gap, if any gap at all.

We weren't weak in defence or midfield, it was upfront we were lacking.

Thats just effing bananas. It wasnt good enough for us and we came 26 points behind them.

I think we all agreed that it could have been deadly with the right man to replace an aging Lambert, and would only have got better as Rodriguez and Lallana grew into stars.

Besides, none of the three would be guaranteed starters, and they would probably only appear together in cup games or after substitutions in the closing minutes of games.

My concern is longer term. I'm fine with a setback season, bit of struggle, changing the team, 12th/13th or whatever. But then we need to build on it, not sell off more and do it again. If you keep doing that, you will get relegated at some stage.

This is my biggest worry too. Koeman has experience of keeping Dutch teams competitive while their best players are poached every year, but I'm not sure how sustainable it is in the Premier League.

Edited by DuncanRG

I think we all agreed that it could have been deadly with the right man to replace an aging Lambert.

Besides, none of the three would be guaranteed starters, and they would probably only appear together in cup games or after substitutions in the closing minutes of games.

Sure Lambert's lack of mobility was a big part of it, but not that alone.

A crock, a granddad and a small fish in a big pond. I can't see them being the same trio that played so well for us last season.

Oi! You leave me out of this!

Great understanding though. Those 3 last year were a brilliant example of all that's wrong with the England team. Our trio weren't the big names, and probably aren't as talented as some english players, but they were a team, knew each others game and worked very well together.

I guarantee England would have been better with that trio. Yet the fan reaction would have been hugely negative towards it.

But at the time they weren't playing for Liverpool! Oh.

We weren't weak in defence or midfield, it was upfront we were lacking.

We were just lacking in depth. The key 11 that we had, injury free, is as good as anything we could ever put out - probably the best team we've had in my entire life. We dropped points because we lost the likes of Jay, Lovren, Wanyama, Boruc and co for periods of the season. If by some damn miracle, we managed to keep that 11 fit every single week, we'd have been up there with Everton. There was very little wrong with us last season apart from the lack of depth.

Well that's not true. I'm fed up and frustrated by it all, but every summer people talk about mid-table as if it's some achievement.

8th was not the normal 8th last season. That was very much part of the top 8 of good clubs, rather than top of the rest. We were far better than 9th, 10th and so on. In 2003 we weren't, and often just a win final day or so will propel you to 8th/9th.

Mid-table is what, 8th-12th? If you come 12th, you've looked likely for relegation at some point, given how much it changes. You've lost a lot of games.

Does anyone think we cannot come 12th?

I admit LB is a worry but besides that our first XI remains good. Clearly some CB will replace Lovren at worst.

So:

Boruc

Clyne Fonte New CB Targett/Rojo?

Davis Wanyama Cork

JWP Pelle Tadic

And with Reed, Ramirez, Gallagher, Yoshida, McQueen and possibly Isgrove as useful options. It's far from what we had, but let's not get carried away and pretend it's awful. Huge turmoil and yet we'll be far from favourites for relegation in our 3rd season back.

My concern is longer term. I'm fine with a setback season, bit of struggle, changing the team, 12th/13th or whatever. But then we need to build on it, not sell off more and do it again. If you keep doing that, you will get relegated at some stage.

We were nowhere near a pretty dreadful Man Utd team in seventh.

Sure Lambert's lack of mobility was a big part of it, but not that alone.

You're not wrong. But I think Liverpool want/wanted Lallana and Rodriguez because they are confident that they will improve on last season's performances. I'm sure Lallana will, and Rodriguez will too if he comes back fully fit.

We were nowhere near a pretty dreadful Man Utd team in seventh.

We were nowhere near a dreadful-by-their-standards Man Utd in the same way most League One teams were nowhere near a dreadful-by-our-standards Southampton when we got promoted. It's all relative, innit.

Perhaps now we've sold everyone (bar JRod, assuming Chambers is announced tomorrow), maybe the club have some time to concentrate on getting players in?

[blindhope]I predict our next signing to be announced Wednesday[/blindhope]

There will be a signing this week, possibly two.

If there is only 1 signing this week i will go fu cking ballistic and look to start protesting against the board(won't do any good but the board need to realise us fans are not going to put up with this c rap . They are pushing me to my absolute limits at the moment. very very pi ssed off

If there is only 1 signing this week i will go fu cking ballistic and look to start protesting against the board(won't do any good but the board need to realise us fans are not going to put up with this c rap . They are pushing me to my absolute limits at the moment. very very pi ssed off

Then what you gonna do, burn down the stadium, kill someone? Grow up.