Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Corporation tax is a tax on profits not revenues or turnover.

Yes, exactly. So how much profit have we/will we have made on Lambert, Lallana, Shaw and Lovren and possibly Chambers? I would be pretty certain that their book asset value is nothing like the amount we are supposed to be getting for them. Lovren for example, signed for £8.5m for 4 years so written down to £6.375 after one year and sold for a reported £20m at a profit of £13.625. Of course the profit/loss on trading players has to be included in the total company figures but the extra money that we receive from selling players for more than their book value is not all going to be available for replacements.

Koeman last night said we were close to signing 'some' players. Seems we are to Celtic what Liverpool are to us as both Forster and Van Dijk were left out of their friendly last night

Edited by Batman

That's easy for you to say. By the way, do they charge per letter if you have a players name put on the back of your shirt?

I'm sure our moron fans will have a hilarious nickname for him by the time he joins, something like Tim Kojak, so just get that to save cash.

Someone also posted on twitter he was flying in for a medical tomorrow...who knows
it doesnt sit well with me seeing our English team being sold and swopped for a load of foreign players I have never heard of. Of course if they do well I will be delighted, but it gave me a bit of pride that we were different having an English core

Apparently this was on the OS tonight and quickly taken off....

ugate5e7.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Looks like a paint edit in my eyes. Not sure why it is listed under 'Josh Relishing Villarreal match-up' or 'mexico' isn't capitalised. Someone with too much time on their hands.

it doesnt sit well with me seeing our English team being sold and swopped for a load of foreign players I have never heard of. Of course if they do well I will be delighted, but it gave me a bit of pride that we were different having an English core

Thats true - but once I realised that playing for the club that nurtured them from age 8 meant less to them than a pay rise it ceased to be important to me either.

Looks like a paint edit in my eyes. Not sure why it is listed under 'Josh Relishing Villarreal match-up' or 'mexico' isn't capitalised. Someone with too much time on their hands.

Should be dos Santos as well - but I guess its was a draft.

In his heyday, Glasgow used to be able to churn this stuff out in seconds.

Edited by shurlock

Thats true - but once I realised that playing for the club that nurtured them from age 8 meant less to them than a pay rise it ceased to be important to me either.

In one of my bed wetting moments a few weeks ago, I came to this same conclusion. As I said then, I "blame" MLT for this - we know it can be done, as he did it. Some, myself included, rather hope (and I am well aware that that is somewhat fanciful) that someone else might do the same thing. Like most supporters, if I was given the chance of playing professional football, there would only be one club I would want to play for in this country.

yes I fully agree. When we played Man City at home my recollection is that we started with 7 English players and finished with 8 while they started with one English player and finished with none. Now it seems we are going in that direction - recruiting mercenaries from anywhere but England. It's a great shame.

yes I fully agree. When we played Man City at home my recollection is that we started with 7 English players and finished with 8 while they started with one English player and finished with none. Now it seems we are going in that direction - recruiting mercenaries from anywhere but England. It's a great shame.

-----------------DAVIS--------------------

CLYNE---TURNBULL---STEPHENS---TARGETT

------------CORKY---REED-----------------

RODRIGUEZ-------JWP------------MCQUEEN

---------------GALLAGHER-----------------

Don't think too many other Prem teams could put out a Starting XI of purely English players that could compete with that. And that's leaving out the likes of S.Davis and Isgrove for their Irishness and Welshness respectively. It's not a great team, but we have a lot of English players in our first team compared to teams that finished around us last season.

Of Mikey's team, realistically I can see 5 starting on a regular basis, if not more. Clyne, Targett, Cork, JWP plus another. JRod, well if we are going to be offered silly money.....Maybe we might have another English striker in by then.

In one of my bed wetting moments a few weeks ago, I came to this same conclusion. As I said then, I "blame" MLT for this - we know it can be done, as he did it. Some, myself included, rather hope (and I am well aware that that is somewhat fanciful) that someone else might do the same thing. Like most supporters, if I was given the chance of playing professional football, there would only be one club I would want to play for in this country.

I guess none of them being Saints fan's has a lot to do with it.

I look forward to the day a Saints fan who started at the academy, stays with the club and excels in the first and tells all he is not available.

-----------------DAVIS--------------------

CLYNE---TURNBULL---STEPHENS---TARGETT

------------CORKY---REED-----------------

RODRIGUEZ-------JWP------------MCQUEEN

---------------GALLAGHER-----------------

Don't think too many other Prem teams could put out a Starting XI of purely English players that could compete with that. And that's leaving out the likes of S.Davis and Isgrove for their Irishness and Welshness respectively. It's not a great team, but we have a lot of English players in our first team compared to teams that finished around us last season.

No it's not a great team,it's one that would struggle even in the Championship.

No it's not a great team,it's one that would struggle even in the Championship.

But that's the nature of our league unfortunately - pretty much all of the players in the Prem that qualify as "World Class" aren't British. I implore you to put out a Starting XI of English players from another Prem team that would do better than that. The only one I can think of that might run them close is Villa, but they've only got so many English players in their team because of their good academy and the fact that their owner doesn't want them spending any money.

But that's the nature of our league unfortunately - pretty much all of the players in the Prem that qualify as "World Class" aren't British. I implore you to put out a Starting XI of English players from another Prem team that would do better than that. The only one I can think of that might run them close is Villa, but they've only got so many English players in their team because of their good academy and the fact that their owner doesn't want them spending any money.

Leicester City's first XI is basically all English - would muller that team you put up. Stoke, palace, wham etc have pretty strong English spines.

Edited by shurlock

Hmm...

GK: Hamer

RB: ??

LB: Konchesky

CB: Moore, Upson

CM: Hammond, James

AM: Drinkwater, Taylor-Fletcher, Nugent

ST: Vardy

Wouldn't say they're any better myself. Only part of the team I think they're stronger on is Central Defence.. but maybe i'm splitting hairs.

Hmm...

Wouldn't say they're any better myself. Only part of the team I think they're stronger on is Central Defence.. but maybe i'm splitting hairs.

ours really isnt the nucleus of a side that could win the championship. we didnt when we had lallana and lambert in the side

Reading this forum is extremely draining, you can understand the frustration and the amount of negative/ panicked posts and threads. With a limit of 3 post per 24 hours for myself it's been needed to vent frustration if nothing else.

Even the most positive poster can't hide the fact we're up **** creak without a paddle but some are just sticking to there thoughts they aired when NC left and predictions that have unfortunately been of the chart.

Got a strong feeling Monday will be a massive eye opener, in fact the saying hold tight and enjoy the ride springs to mind

Hmm...

Throw in Wes Morgan, Albrighton etc and you have a pretty strong side.

As others have said, not only have we lost the nucleus and spirit of the side that took us up the leagues but unless some of the academy products step up big time, it'll be hard to claim that we're beacons of hope for English football -quite apart from whether we'll be able to compete effectively.

It's going to be quite a culture shock watching us next season.

Edited by shurlock

Throw in Wes Morgan, Albrighton etc and you have a pretty strong side.

As others have said, not only have we lost the nucleus and spirit of the side that took us up the leagues but unless some of the academy products step up big time, it'll be hard to claim that we're beacons of hope for English football -quite apart from whether we'll be able to compete effectively.

It's going to be quite a culture shock watching us next season.

Disqualified Morgan because he's a Jamaican international, forgot about Albrighton.

The "nucleus" of our team will be replaced though. If we haven't signed players of a similar quality to Pelle and Tadic to replace those outgoing by September I will be worried, but we still have 5 weeks to make those signings, as well as the Jan window. Koeman probably has a good idea about where exactly we need to strengthen now, so i'm keen to see who we bring in. It's not like we don't have the money to replace those we've lost either..

Disqualified Morgan because he's a Jamaican international, forgot about Albrighton.

The "nucleus" of our team will be replaced though. If we haven't signed players of a similar quality to Pelle and Tadic to replace those outgoing by September I will be worried, but we still have 5 weeks to make those signings, as well as the Jan window. Koeman probably has a good idea about where exactly we need to strengthen now, so i'm keen to see who we bring in. It's not like we don't have the money to replace those we've lost either..

If we spread the 'replacing of players' to the January transfer window, we will be relegated before we even get there. I'm sure we'll get them, but we need to replace all we've lost and add some squad players before the end of THIS window, otherwise we are in severe danger.

Reading this forum is extremely draining, you can understand the frustration and the amount of negative/ panicked posts and threads. With a limit of 3 post per 24 hours for myself it's been needed to vent frustration if nothing else.

Even the most positive poster can't hide the fact we're up **** creak without a paddle but some are just sticking to there thoughts they aired when NC left and predictions that have unfortunately been of the chart.

Got a strong feeling Monday will be a massive eye opener, in fact the saying hold tight and enjoy the ride springs to mind

Oh no, not another F5 day???

Meh, I consider myself a positive poster and I think we're just hitting the rapids along the river, but the river doesn't have a name yet. You have to get to the end to judge it.

Surely there must be some new signings close? Can't believe we'd let Lovern and Chambers go and not have any sort of good news on the horizon.

Trout, you would have thought that that was the way to do things, and I am glad that you have faith in the board to do it that way.

Meh, I consider myself a positive poster and I think we're just hitting the rapids along the river, but the river doesn't have a name yet. You have to get to the end to judge it.

We are up **** creek, but we do have a paddle.

I know it's somewhat verboten to be posting something on topic and/or non-suicidal but....

I saw today (and it might have been posted earlier) that all of Shakhtar Donetsk's South American players stayed behind after their friendly with Lyon last week and want a move. Would live Douglas Costa, Bernard, Ferreyra or Alex Teizeira (they can keep Fred though) - would all be cheap as it's not like the Ukrainian league exists anymore, wages would be high though. Would nicely reduce the problem of having to get players to gel if we just bought half of Shakhtar!!

Anyway, I'm sure we'll end up with a good team, keep the faith, COYR, always look on the bright side of life etc....

I know it's somewhat verboten to be posting something on topic and/or non-suicidal but....

I saw today (and it might have been posted earlier) that all of Shakhtar Donetsk's South American players stayed behind after their friendly with Lyon last week and want a move. Would live Douglas Costa, Bernard, Ferreyra or Alex Teizeira (they can keep Fred though) - would all be cheap as it's not like the Ukrainian league exists anymore, wages would be high though. Would nicely reduce the problem of having to get players to gel if we just bought half of Shakhtar!!

Anyway, I'm sure we'll end up with a good team, keep the faith, COYR, always look on the bright side of life etc....

Douglas Costa is heavily linked with Arsenal. We could rip Burnley apart though... ;-)

Not sure who specifically they guessed (wasn't listening until i heard Koeman) but Eric and Jan were apparently at Brentford yesterday to watch Nice play according to Sky Sports news (video of them).

Take your pick my guess would be our old favourite Timothée Kolodziejczak who was at mistake for one of the goals

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/613/

Edited by Convict Colony

You mean " Blind Faith " ?? ( Good group in their day )

Only works when the player is fine with staying put - that's something you could learn

Fair point, but what happened to "if you want out, put it in writing " ??

Seems we have bent over backwards so as not to stop the player(s) losing any money in the move(s)

Stupid