Transfer Rumours Only

Jimmy_D

Retweeted by Alex Goring Crook

Ben Fisher ‏@benfisherJ 25m

No Calum Chambers in #saintsfc squad tonight. I'm told he's ill and hasn't trained the last couple of days.

Bournemouth

Too ill to train but has been able to get fitted for golf clubs and go to the barbers. Hmmm....

I make it we have about £50 million left. We need to spend it fast before the rest of the senior players give up. I have tried to be optimistic but we have quite literally lost our 4 best players. No team can do that and call it progress.

There are going to be a lot of people looking like right tits when we sign some very decent replacements. Hell, if we don't and the worst does transpire, then I am more than happy to look a tit, but at least I won;t have spent so many weeks being so bloody morose.

My sentiments exactly. It's Saints FFS. Support them or **** off and support Manuchelsareslivercitytott. Nothing we can do about it. Not good I'll agree but we still have a club to support, which was more than it looked like in June 2009. Don't understand why people can't be grateful for that. My opinion FWIW is that we are paying price for Pochettino's failure in not getting that squad into the EL, which would have at least signposted progression even if CL was ultimately unrealistic. Gonna be an interesting season!!

My sentiments exactly. It's Saints FFS. Support them or **** off and support Manuchelsareslivercitytott. Nothing we can do about it. Not good I'll agree but we still have a club to support, which was more than it looked like in June 2009. Don't understand why people can't be grateful for that. My opinion FWIW is that we are paying price for Pochettino's failure in not getting that squad into the EL, which would have at least signposted progression even if CL was ultimately unrealistic. Gonna be an interesting season!!

Exactly this. People need to remember where we were 5 years ago!

Koeman plays it down but gathering pace - signing coming soon - Koeman

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook 8m

Ronald Koeman has told my reporter #saintsfc are close to making a new signing. My money is on van Dijk

Alex Goring Crook ‏@alex_crook 7m

Koeman played down rumours Calum Chambers is on the verge of joining #afc but reports are gathering pace he could be on his way #saintsfc

I'm sorry but i just do not understand the need to sell Chambers for that amount. A player who is getting better and who,to me anyway,shows the potential to be usefully versatile for us. Why do we have to sell?? This is just getting ridiculous ....

Feels like a bit of a cleansing as much as a fire sale. Lots of players going all at once - is this the plan to remove all of the Cortese/Pochettino favourites for as good a price as possible and start afresh by letting Ronnie choose the side he wants to build? Probably nonsense on my part but, if I believe it, it acts as my coping strategy! :D

I'm sorry but i just do not understand the need to sell Chambers for that amount. A player who is getting better and who,to me anyway,shows the potential to be usefully versatile for us. Why do we have to sell?? This is just getting ridiculous ....

Beyond belief isn't it ?

Reed must be the most calamitous clown to be involved in the club since Rupert.

BenSmithBBC - I'm told Arsenal want Morgan Schneiderlin AND Callum Chambers from Southampton. Spurs have also made an enquiry for Jay Rodriguez

Seriously...what's the point? A nightmare transfer window and the board have a lot to answer - you CAN SAY NO

BenSmithBBC - I'm told Arsenal want Morgan Schneiderlin AND Callum Chambers from Southampton. Spurs have also made an enquiry for Jay Rodriguez

Seriously...what's the point? A nightmare transfer window and the board have a lot to answer - you CAN SAY NO

They will bottle holding that BBC fan forum that Ralph said would be making a return.

Couldn't give a fck. If we want Gnabry and they're prepared to sell, buy him. Don't throw away the future of your club. We can handle one player like Shaw leaving for a good fee, but the plan was still to produce good players for the team. Chambers was supposed to be one who'd be here a long time. A very good player but under the spotlight and unlikely to move, it seemed.

Who cares we have another good RB? We had 2 good ones last season. Now we have 1 and infinitely less hope.

Why shouldn't Clyne leave? He's a good player, he'd improve Liverpool, christ even Man Utd.

We may as well be in the championship if this is how it's going to be. What is the point of having loads of money if we have no players?

In this interview when asked about Targett and if we need another Left back, Koeman accidently said "with Marcos, er, with Targett we have a good player and we're looking for another one".

Hope he just gave away the Rojo signing.

About 3.45 here: https://audioboo.fm/boos/2352532-reaction-here-s-koeman1963-talking-to-kristemple-after-saintsfc-s-1-0-win-at-afcb#t=0m13s

In this interview when asked about Targett and if we need another Left back, Koeman accidently said "with Marcos, er, with Targett we have a good player and we're looking for another one".

About 3.45 here: https://audioboo.fm/boos/2352532-reaction-here-s-koeman1963-talking-to-kristemple-after-saintsfc-s-1-0-win-at-afcb#t=0m13s

Well, that would be alright..

I heard that and my ears *****ed up too! We now need 2/3 marquee signings, not 1, 2 or 3. We've pocketed an insane amount of money, so now we can reinvest it. If we don't, then we've clearly got some insanely bad financial issues. The £18m or so we've spent so far isn't even touching what we've received in transfer fees.

Marcus Bent? Stewart?

Marlon King. We can pay his bail, or something.

Or maybe, as a tactic, we can buy up all the players who usually score against us and just stockpile them in the reserves. Just like Chelsea do with all the young European talent.

Quite a bit of our squad has a Championship feel to it anyway. Only a handful of genuine PL proven players.

None of our players were "genuine PL proven players" when we were promoted. Ditto the academy boys when they broke through. Ditto any foreign player who has never played in the PL before.

no evidence then lol

No, of course not. Not on our exchange about Waynyama the other day, or your pis s weak psycho - analysis of me being bullied at school or some nonsense or you desperately trawling for posts on this forum where you think I've been precious. No, no evidence whatsoever.