Sam Gallagher injury

mcbendy

This may have been covered elsewhere - apologies if so.

Unlike most injuries/reasons for absence, we don't seem to have heard anything about what is going on with Sam. Is the reason known? If the reason is a private matter then I don't mean to pry. It would be good to have some sense though of the timescale for when we might see him in the shirt again. Is there any sense that whatever 'issue' it is might be career threatening?

This may have been covered elsewhere - apologies if so.

Unlike most injuries/reasons for absence, we don't seem to have heard anything about what is going on with Sam. Is the reason known? If the reason is a private matter then I don't mean to pry. It would be good to have some sense though of the timescale for when we might see him in the shirt again. Is there any sense that whatever 'issue' it is might be career threatening?

The Guardian on Saturday said it was a knee problem with no comeback date given. It is a bit strange that the club have not said anything at all.

Weird how Koeman hasn't been quizzed on this in his interviews and press conferences given SG was involved a lot towards end of last season, could still be a good player for us this season IMO especially if Pelle gets injured. Think it is a knee injury because he posted a photo of it in a brace thing with his feet up at some point, quite a while ago now so hopefully back fairly soon unless its more serious

He is still active on Twitter and posted a photo of his leg in a brace about a month ago so I think his injury is a physical one but the club don't seem to want to comment or perhaps just have sort of forgotten him.

I'm pretty sure Koeman mentioned him in a recent interview about strength of squad and players still to come in, which included Mane and Gallagher. So I think he's still in mind. Maybe no one has asked the direct question. Twitter?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know what's happened with Sam's knee injury? I see from his personal twitter account that he had an operation on Oct 21st but haven't heard any news from the club on the nature of the injury, and when he is expected back. I'm guessing it is something he has aggravated in training recently and the staff have decided an operation is the best course.

Physio room has it as a knee injury with no return date. I think as others have said, Long would play up top instead of Gallagher with Mane and Tadic either side of him.

RE Pelle getting 3 yellows, I don't think he has got one since Arsenal in the cup. One of the others came in the cup vs Millwall (so he's due another tonight!) Do cup cards count towards the "5 and you miss a game" rule?

Physio room has it as a knee injury with no return date. I think as others have said, Long would play up top instead of Gallagher with Mane and Tadic either side of him.

RE Pelle getting 3 yellows, I don't think he has got one since Arsenal in the cup. One of the others came in the cup vs Millwall (so he's due another tonight!) Do cup cards count towards the "5 and you miss a game" rule?

very good post Beckenham cup cakes do not count.