New deal for Morgan

farawaysaint

Cant see him signing it but if the club think there is a chance, then why not.

I don't think him signing a contract will stop him leaving the club in the near future, but it will earn him more money in the meantime and gives us the option to include a large release clause etc that will be a good bargaining chip when big clubs come in for him.

I said it in the summer, if Morgan has another good season with us I can see him going to Real Madrid - they need a replacement for Alonso and I think he's the perfect fit.

Sad as it is to say i think getting him to sign it is just a way to add a few 0's on the end of any sale. Morgan's been my favourite player for a while but he's clearly good enough to be at a top European side and if he handles it the right way i doubt many will begrudge him it.

I just hope to god he has more ambition than Spurs really, since i genuinely believe he could be playing for one of the top 8 sides in the world soon.

Sad as it is to say i think getting him to sign it is just a way to add a few 0's on the end of any sale. Morgan's been my favourite player for a while but he's clearly good enough to be at a top European side and if he handles it the right way i doubt many will begrudge him it.

I just hope to god he has more ambition than Spurs really, since i genuinely believe he could be playing for one of the top 8 sides in the world soon.

New contract, release clause for an amount Saints believe he's worth. Player happy at increase in wages and deal that lets him leave, Saints happy they keep their best player for a bit longer. Fat cigars all round. Well done Les.

Worry not Spuds cannot afford him - they apparently believed he had a release clause (£10M), which he does not. Would truly hate to lose MS, but if we can get £30M+ for him and invest wisely, then that is the second best outcome??

Id love for us to be able to keep Morgan at Saints forever... such a vital player in our last few seasons. He has shown he is still committed to the cause in his performances this season even after his little spat over the transfer to Spurs.

As stated above though the actual chances of keeping him are slim due to his ability - So I hope, like many, we can offer him something to stay at least to the end of the season and have clauses to make sure he only goes at the right price.

What's happened with the Jrod new deal?

good question. Given he is now supposedly out unti December/January and it will take him a further 3 months probably to get up to speed after such a long lay off I would be signing it now if I was him. Nobody is gonna want him until they know he is the player he was before the injury so I would think its his best form of security.

good question. Given he is now supposedly out unti December/January and it will take him a further 3 months probably to get up to speed after such a long lay off I would be signing it now if I was him. Nobody is gonna want him until they know he is the player he was before the injury so I would think its his best form of security.

Just to play Devils Advoate there is another school of thought that suggests with less than two years left on his deal if he won't sign a new one he'll be sold next summer. Clubs will take a chance on him as his fee will be lowered or they can just wait for 18+ months to sign him on a free which mitigates the risk of any transfer fee for them. Jay Rod has the power here and doesn't have much reason to sign a new deal if clubs like Spurs and Liverpool are eyeing him up. Same for Clyne too in my opinion.