Swapping places with MK Dons

Thedelldays

Yesterday we went to watch Wycombe Wanderers play Exeter. For a split second I thought I'd moved into the future, seeing all the red and white Flybe shirts walking to the match (Exeter) - I thought we'd gone down and Wycombe had gone up :(

I was chatting to Peter Taylor before the match and I asked him to come and manage us. He just sniggered :shock:

Yesterday we went to watch Wycombe Wanderers play Exeter. For a split second I thought I'd moved into the future, seeing all the red and white Flybe shirts walking to the match (Exeter) - I thought we'd gone down and Wycombe had gone up :(

I was chatting to Peter Taylor before the match and I asked him to come and manage us. He just sniggered :shock:

we are bad aren't we.....:(

at least we will walk league 1

league 1 will be fair and "exciting"

our non goal scoring goal scorer will get 20 goals in league 1

we will play the best football in league 1

Mcgoalsh1t will probably insist on a transfer and refuse to play if we get relegated - as will a few other of our ego inflated, average piece of cr4p players!

Did you ask Paul Tisdale instead? He may not have sniggered quite as much as he may still see it as a step up and being an ex-Saint might actually feel like helping out (though God knows why he would want to jack in his success at St James Park to work for the Dark Lord).

Did you know Tisdale currently holds the record for the longest sequence of league games without 2 successive losses, something like 94 games in total, corresponding to when he took over at Exeter. I couldn't see our name in the Top 5, odd that.

Edited by VectisSaint

Did you ask Paul Tisdale instead? He may not have sniggered quite as much as he may still see it as a step up and being an ex-Saint might actually feel like helping out (though God knows why he would want to jack in his success at St James Park to work for the Dark Lord).

Did you know Tisdale currently holds the record for the longest sequence of league games without 2 successive losses, something like 94 games in total, corresponding to when he took over at Exeter. I couldn't see our name in the Top 5, odd that.

Tisdale might be a good option but as you say he might not be prepared to jack in his growing good name and reputation to work with Lowe for half a season..(as another manager in Devon may testify).

As for that statistic,I think that may be incorrect as I thought this was his first season managing in the league,and as such he hasn't even managed 94 games never mind going unbeaten.

Pretty depressing thought that Franchise ****s might be in a higher league than us next season. Much rather see a proper club like Leeds (Or anyone else) go up instead. I keep looking at the top of the League 2 table to see some of the teams we could potentially play next season. Bury, Exeter, Rochdale etc.. How exciting. :rolleyes:

Heard Paul Tisdale on Radio Devon on the way back from Home Park. He came over as very articulate and knowlegeable - and communicated his analysis of a defensive misjudgement for Wycome's goal very well. Lancashire would certainly learn something - the first goal!!I t was a refreshing change from JP. This young man has real potential and has the advantage of having worked with many young footballers at Exeter and Team Bath. As such he would fit in with the current philosophy and be one the fans would relate to being steeped into the club. I'm sure the ex board would warm to him - after all Lawrie Mac worked with him. His team plays good passing football yet can be more direct when needed.

He's exactly what we need as this incoherent drivel we are forced to live with at present. We are an embarrassment and after 45 years of watching Saints I have had enough of this substandard team who are certain to be relegated.After Man U I will refuse to pay good money for tickets and a 270 mile round trip for watching a reserve team play.

Any other chairman - and Lowe himself by previous experience - would have sacked JP by now.

I hope Lowe will learn from this debacle. If you mess up once in business, don't return a second time. You've had your day; your chance is over. You've failed. Listen to the advice from your wife. She's right!! I hear that Cowen might be feeling that too - as the brains behing the dynamic duo perhaps he'll see sense as well.

Heard Paul Tisdale on Radio Devon on the way back from Home Park. He came over as very articulate and knowlegeable - and communicated his analysis of a defensive misjudgement for Wycome's goal very well. Lancashire would certainly learn something - the first goal!!I t was a refreshing change from JP. This young man has real potential and has the advantage of having worked with many young footballers at Exeter and Team Bath. As such he would fit in with the current philosophy and be one the fans would relate to being steeped into the club. I'm sure the ex board would warm to him - after all Lawrie Mac worked with him. His team plays good passing football yet can be more direct when needed.

He's exactly what we need as this incoherent drivel we are forced to live with at present. We are an embarrassment and after 45 years of watching Saints I have had enough of this substandard team who are certain to be relegated.After Man U I will refuse to pay good money for tickets and a 270 mile round trip for watching a reserve team play.

Any other chairman - and Lowe himself by previous experience - would have sacked JP by now.

I hope Lowe will learn from this debacle. If you mess up once in business, don't return a second time. You've had your day; your chance is over. You've failed. Listen to the advice from your wife. She's right!! I hear that Cowen might be feeling that too - as the brains behing the dynamic duo perhaps he'll see sense as well.

Good post - I think a lot of your points are very valid. the only bit I'm starting to disagree with is the fact of un seating lowe at this present time - dont get me wrong I know as everyone else does that his day is done - he has lost the fan base (or not regained them depending on how you see it!) but now is the wrong time - our only chance to get out of this is to unite - i mean all the goings on at the AGM last week were just a farce - United we stand - divided we fall is the old saying - and is there a better example of that than what is going on at our club at the moment? The passion to un seat lowe drives more people than supporting the team or backing the club. When leeds were being ****ed over by the owners that took them to the third Division - they still hadgates of 30000 everyweek to support the club - that is where e are different I guess. As soon as we came out of the premiership people started disappearing up there own arse s cause we were nt watching load of portuguiese ponces flinging themselves around - but they will all come back for there game next week! I think something need to change to give us a chance and with little to no money available the only dice to roll is change the manager - or appoint a manager and just allow JP to coach. Maybe Tisdale is not the right man at the moment for that task but he is certainly one for the future!

Edited by ooohTerryHurlock

Had you stopped to think about next season? Pompey look to be the this year's unexpected relegation candidate and are likely to go down with WBA and Stoke.. and hige financial problems (Are you there Harry? ... Harry? ... Harry?) BUT... we won't be there to greet them... !

How Ironic will that be?

Another season and the burgers will still be a league above us. Life just isn't fair

The Tisdale story seems a regular feature on an Exeter site:

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28654

as someone states it crops up every month.

Did you like the ottery st mary have sacked their manager...not me but they have been playing like us this season.....Brilliant but with no points.

Also something about wages....Thought JP and Wotte do it for zilch..

I have seen quite a few games of Exeter , including play off final win last season.

I have also watched training/coaching own at The Cat and Fiddle training ground. He is very good and very astute but like any young up and coming coach right time right place...Bit like JP really at his tender young age.

I fully recomend this young man and he is top class.