German Airbus Crashed in French Alps

trousers

Not necessarily. Plenty of terrorist organisations don't claim responsibility and like to keep us guessing.

Still not much of a real terrorist action though is it, action of a whacko yes but there are better things to do with an A320

than just piledrive it into the Alps, if you're going to do it for some weird cause or other then do it well. The lack of any evident motive tells us that it was not a classic premeditated terrorist action. As I said earlier, Lyon, Turin and Marseille were at hand. Just a seriously deranged person no doubt.

action of a whacko yes but there are better things to do with an A320 than just piledrive it into the Alps, if you're going to do it for some weird cause or other then do it well. The lack of any evident motive tells us that it was not a classic premeditated terrorist action. As I said earlier, Lyon, Turin and Marseille were at hand. Just a seriously deranged person no doubt.

Odd state of mind mind that thinks its okay to kill 150 people but draws the line at crashing into Marseille though.

yeah imagine what he could have done if he was really going for it!

I am still troubled by that fleeting report that jets were overhead, about 180k from Orange to the crash zone, what about

12 minutes for a Mirage at Mach 1, now I don't want to get all Pap about this but did the French know what was going down?

At what height would a satellite phone function.

Do you have any examples of this?

You know as well as I do that not all terrorist organisations fess up to all attacks. It makes things harder for the investigators for a start. I really don't have time to find examples just to satisfy you and if you don't agree we shall just have to agree to differ.

I am still troubled by that fleeting report that jets were overhead, about 180k from Orange to the crash zone, what about

12 minutes for a Mirage at Mach 1, now I don't want to get all Pap about this but did the French know what was going down?

At what height would a satellite phone function.

No response to air traffic control for 15 minutes and deviation from the flight plan would do it.

You know as well as I do that not all terrorist organisations fess up to all attacks. It makes things harder for the investigators for a start. I really don't have time to find examples just to satisfy you and if you don't agree we shall just have to agree to differ.

Bin Laden never confessed to being behind 9/11 as far as I know.

There's a lot of sly attacks you don't even hear about, i.e. the blue skittles they've started selling which taste like soap :suspicious:

And nobody has taken responsibility for the disappearance of banjos. Light and crispy wafer and roast nut flavour too. RIP.

Suspect the bloke suffered from a long-standing mental illness, had a chronic fit of depressive psychosis and his head went. Literally stopped caring about anything and everything in life in an instant.

Like turning into a robot with someone else at the controls, and the concept of rational thought disappearing entirely.

The mistake he made was thinking he could handle it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mental health experts say that it was aggression — not just depression — that would have driven 27-year-old Andreas Lubitz to deliberately crash a Germanwings airliner into a mountainside, the copilot breathing evenly as passengers screamed and the plane's frantic captain pounded helplessly on the cockpit door.

Unless investigators recognize the toxic role of aggression and hostility in some patients' depression, they say, such troubled individuals will continue to elude detection — to the public's peril.

We need to stop talking as if this was a suicidal guy.... This was a murderous guy who probably had elements of a mood disorder and personality disorders. - Dr. Jeff Victoroff, neuropsychiatrist at USC's Keck School of Medicine

Lubitz's history of depression, acknowledged by his employer in the days after the March 24 crash of the Airbus A320 with 150 people aboard, left many mental health professionals in the United States openly skeptical that Lubitz's psychological troubles stopped there. In the parade of garden-variety depressives they see, psychiatrists and psychologists often hear about the physical symptoms of mental distress: sleep problems, stomachaches, even changes in vision. They routinely see sadness, guilt and hostility.

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-pilot-depression-20150405-story.html#page=1