CONFIRMED: Saints sign Juanmi on four-year deal

trousers

Nothing really suggests that, but fair enough.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I think he's only going to get a look-in if Mane + Long are both injured.

He can't really be happy with his game-time so far. I do seem recall an article that he was signed with next season in mind, but I'm not convinced just yet.

IMO he was always signed as Mané's replacement. This is very much a bedding in year.

Nothing really suggests that, but fair enough.

I think it's a fair-ish sort of theory.

We have never played Juanmi as the most advanced central striker so I would certainly view him as vying with Mane, Tadic, Davis (and Jay Rod, if fit) for a place rather than Pelle or Austin.

That said, I think from what I have seen that he probably is best in a central role so actually the 3-5-2 (or whatever variant of numbers you prefer) suits him better than a (4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3, whatever you prefer) because it allows him to play a more traditional "striker" role.

If we carry on with the current system this season, it will be interesting to see how we start next season!

The next Ramirez...... shall we give him another season to apparently "bed in" :) joking aside apparently the man has alot of potential probably does genuinely need to adjust to English footy and needs to hit the gym with Clasie and get on the Roidz

admittedly.....he's not shown up in any of the games he's featured in, and so I'm not surprised. Maybe the Black Box needs an MOT ...:D

He's ambitiuos and wants to keep his career going, but I can't believe we'd be so dependant on his sub. apps by the end of the season.

He should go back to Spain on loan, and if he does well, and if we get a good bid, maybe sell him back in the summer. Selling him now - is admitting defeat.