gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha

Juanmi, or another, we're win yeah,

he's gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha

One day, maybe next week,

he's gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha

He will drive through your team,

And if Pelle has gone down,

Shane long'll be around...

Juanmi, or another, he's gonna getcha....

It's ok, I've got my coat..............

"Only 8 goals" can I remind everyone firstly he isn't an out an out striker and second ings scored 9 and the majority of you was creaming yourselves over him thinking he's some sorta god

My take:

so overall I think he's a good signing, at a great price. I really hope he'll fit into saints system....but knowing the quality of the scouts and with koeman's eye over the whole thing, I'm sure they've done their research and that they really think he's a good fit.

Negatives:

* I'm being picky, but quite a lot of the video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHVF39HqNqo] he talks about just being able to play in the premier league, and the only references to saints are that southampton are a big club. there isn't much about the ethos or ambitions of the team/club (which I think as others have said...seems to be very high on the agenda at the club), and which I know other players have talked about. Maybe thats something that comes with time, though (I can't remember toby talking about it at all until a few months in).

* He never scored at santander when they were going down

* speaks no english

Positives:

* To counter the point above (that he's just looking to go to premier league and doesnt care where), he's been at malaga since he was a kid, and has a big loyalty to it. He doesn't strike me as the kind of player that would hop around.

* only 5 m

* from the videos I've seen, looks agile and able to find the met. maybe he'll be what gaston never could be.

Eddie, your picky point...is he any different than any other player? No one is really concerned about the ambitions of the club beyond how it affects their own ambitions and how it will allow them to make the next step up. To think otherwise is to view things from a fan's perspective. With the PL the way it is and the CL spots a pretty closed shop, we won't attract a certain level of player who demands CL footie, nor keep those who interest clubs that can offer it. Who we can attract are up and coming players (amongst others) who we can potentially turn into players capable of CL, while offering them pretty decent wages in a pretty competitive league.

As for the English, while I know he gave the interview in Spanish, maybe he was doing a Poch and wasn't confident enough but can speak it and understand it well enough to get by. If he has none, then I am sure that that will be on the agenda to learn it.

Eddie, your picky point...is he any different than any other player? No one is really concerned about the ambitions of the club beyond how it affects their own ambitions and how it will allow them to make the next step up. To think otherwise is to view things from a fan's perspective. With the PL the way it is and the CL spots a pretty closed shop, we won't attract a certain level of player who demands CL footie, nor keep those who interest clubs that can offer it. Who we can attract are up and coming players (amongst others) who we can potentially turn into players capable of CL, while offering them pretty decent wages in a pretty competitive league.

As for the English, while I know he gave the interview in Spanish, maybe he was doing a Poch and wasn't confident enough but can speak it and understand it well enough to get by. If he has none, then I am sure that that will be on the agenda to learn it.

both very fair points. So the english, yup totally agree.

about the ambitions, of course I may be viewing from a fans perspective that isn't a reflection of the club, but I feel like there are certain players (fonte being a good example) who get the ethos of the club and want to stay because of where we're headed, even though they could probably get a few starts at a club like spurs or liverpool or less frequently at one of the top 4. Know what I mean? maybe I've just been brainwashed /convinced by the clubs slick words, but I get the impression there is a very coherent and well thought out plan for where we want to be, how we're going to get there, how we build/reinvest money to go forward. Not all clubs have that

His movement looks great judging by MLG's video of holland vs spain, very pacy looks to play on shoulder and finds space well.

I must say though it might be hard for him to get a good run in the first team, i expect we will play with a front 3 of jrod pelle and mane theres also tadic to think about who was fantastic at the start of last season and whos form dipped mostly due to playing through injury and also shane long.

Juanmi does add more depth to our frontline though and with the europa league schedule will be a usefull player

I saw my mate the other day,

He said to me we signed the white pele

So I asked, who is he?

He said he goes by the name of Juanmi

Juanmi, Juanmi

He goes by the name of Juanmi

(repeated)

Obviously the Wayne Ronney chant, but think it would sound good

and it was always Ju-an-mi always, and forever.

lah lah lah, lah lah. 'repeat'

Good, although you don't pronounce his name correctly singing it like that, as it's Juan rather than Iwan like it would be sung in that song.

Lol that'll be nice after my credibility battering last year. :lol:

Could definitely benefit with Juan more soon, but this is why saints try and keep it as quiet as poss... Always competitors in the prem

Looks like the Juan more is happening quicker than expected

and it was always Ju-an-mi always, and forever.

lah lah lah, lah lah. 'repeat'

Good, although you don't pronounce his name correctly singing it like that, as it's Juan rather than Iwan like it would be sung in that song.

You just need to add a 'you'.

"And it's always you Juanmi always, and forever"

To the tune of 70's classic and one hit wonder "Grandma":

"Juanmi we love you, Juanmi we do.

There's no-one quite like Juanmi..."

Potentially intimidating too when belted out by the Northam.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

:mcinnes:

If the Northam sings anything to the tune of 'Grandma' I'm walking out.