All things Labour Party

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

If Labour get elected, does anyone on here seriously believe that Jewish people will actually be less safe than they are now? As Duckie would say, what utter pony.
The interview tonight has proven that they are slow to take action against those who are blatantly antisemitic. I think antisemitism and wordplay around it will be tolerated to a greater extent under a Corbyn government.

If Labour get elected, does anyone on here seriously believe that Jewish people will actually be less safe than they are now? As Duckie would say, what utter pony.
The interview tonight has proven that they are slow to take action against those who are blatantly antisemitic. I think antisemitism and wordplay around it will be tolerated to a greater extent under a Corbyn government.

Do you think in the current climate it's acceptable that a labour member is still under investigation after a year and hasn't been suspended after being blatantly antisemitic?

No I don't, but I'm slightly relieved that the figure we are talking about refers to 0.0002% of the Labour Membership.

Do you think in the current climate it's acceptable that a labour member is still under investigation after a year and hasn't been suspended after being blatantly antisemitic?

No I don't, but I'm slightly relieved that the figure we are talking about refers to 0.0002% of the Labour Membership.

Very similar stuff has been all over the internet about all sorts of ethnic minorities. I see it often and it's generally kipper types boasting about how they aren't politically correct.

Very similar stuff has been all over the internet about all sorts of ethnic minorities. I see it often and it's generally kipper types boasting about how they aren't politically correct.

So then the Jewish defectors from Labour and the Rabbi have a point. Labour haven't been quick and robust with antisemitism like Corbyn tried to claim- there's more than one example of members being let off with a slap on the wrist or being investigated for long periods of time with no action. The evidence Neil read out directly contradicts Jeremy's own narrative on antisemitism. As you have said yourself, that's unacceptable.

So then the Jewish defectors from Labour and the Rabbi have a point. Labour haven't been quick and robust with antisemitism like Corbyn tried to claim- there's more than one example of members being let off with a slap on the wrist or being investigated for long periods of time with no action. The evidence Neil read out directly contradicts Jeremy's own narrative on antisemitism. As you have said yourself, that's unacceptable.

I think it's tragic and actually in a way slightly antisemitic, that the establishment has weaponised and used smears of antisemitism against a left wing Labour leader to the extend that some Jewish people are now living in fear when previously they weren't. The idea that if Labour get in they are going to start exterminating Jewish citizens of the UK is completely insane and the people driving this fabrication should be ashamed.

It’s you who should be ashamed, ashamed of this post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's tragic and actually in a way slightly antisemitic, that the establishment has weaponised and used smears of antisemitism against a left wing Labour leader to the extend that some Jewish people are now living in fear when previously they weren't. The idea that if Labour get in they are going to start exterminating Jewish citizens of the UK is completely insane and the people driving this fabrication should be ashamed.

It’s you who should be ashamed, ashamed of this post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are talking about Jews here and their belief that the UK will be a less tolerant place for them to live under a Corbyn led government. The evidence of him being slow to act on clear acts of anti semitism in his party before he has even grabbed power doesn't bode well does it?

We are talking about Jews here and their belief that the UK will be a less tolerant place for them to live under a Corbyn led government. The evidence of him being slow to act on clear acts of anti semitism in his party before he has even grabbed power doesn't bode well does it?

I can only call each case as I find them, but if for example, it's a case of a member vociferously attacking the Israeli government for human rights abuses being defined as antisemitic then I don't see a need for any more than a slap on the wrist. If it's genuine hate speech they should be kicked out of the party and prosecuted as well.

I can only call each case as I find them, but if for example, it's a case of a member vociferously attacking the Israeli government for human rights abuses being defined as antisemitic then I don't see a need for any more than a slap on the wrist. If it's genuine hate speech they should be kicked out of the party and prosecuted as well.

He said "Rothschild Zionists run Israel and world governments" a phrase that Corbyn himself admitted (on his fourth try) was anti semitic. Another member questioned the Holocaust and received a written warning and was allowed to continue as a member. In the current climate and with the sensitivities around this issue, it doesn't seem a particularly smart thing to do does it?

He said "Rothschild Zionists run Israel and world governments" a phrase that Corbyn himself admitted (on his fourth try) was anti semitic. Another member questioned the Holocaust and received a written warning and was allowed to continue as a member. In the current climate and with the sensitivities around this issue, it doesn't seem a particularly smart thing to do does it?

Obviously I haven't watched the interview but how many cases are there in total just to clarify?
They didn't go into overall numbers, Neil simply highlighted two examples of Labour not dealing with blatant antisemitism in the correct way which clearly contradicted Corbyn stating that it was a much stronger process under his leadership.

Obviously I haven't watched the interview but how many cases are there in total just to clarify?
They didn't go into overall numbers, Neil simply highlighted two examples of Labour not dealing with blatant antisemitism in the correct way which clearly contradicted Corbyn stating that it was a much stronger process under his leadership.

To be fair, Corbyn did say that he believed it had taken a long time due to legal intervention.

To be fair, Corbyn did say that he believed it had taken a long time due to legal intervention.

Even with lawyers dragging their expensively shod heels to boost their earnings, how long does it take to check if somebody did, or did not, say or write a single sentence ?

Even with lawyers dragging their expensively shod heels to boost their earnings, how long does it take to check if somebody did, or did not, say or write a single sentence ?

In which case are we likely to see a greater tolerance of Islamophobia if the Tories get back in?

In which case are we likely to see a greater tolerance of Islamophobia if the Tories get back in?

Given the cases that Jeremy himself said were examples of anti-semitism that haven't been dealt with in the correct manner, do you think it might be a good idea for Corbyn to apologise to the Jewish community who have looked at cases like these and felt at the very least nervousness? It's the fault of the Labour Party for not dealing with these cases properly and causing this anxiety.

It seems that the shadow defence spokeswoman believes that an apology would be appropriate under the circumstances.

Given the cases that Jeremy himself said were examples of anti-semitism that haven't been dealt with in the correct manner, do you think it might be a good idea for Corbyn to apologise to the Jewish community who have looked at cases like these and felt at the very least nervousness? It's the fault of the Labour Party for not dealing with these cases properly and causing this anxiety.

It seems that the shadow defence spokeswoman believes that an apology would be appropriate under the circumstances.

I'm not sure even the most partisan Corbynites have attempted to suggest that a year is an appropriate amount of time for this to have dragged on with no action. It's just a gaping PR own goal, why would Labour allow this to happen knowing how it makes them look? They either don't care or as Neil suggested, it's a lack of leadership.

I'm not sure even the most partisan Corbynites have attempted to suggest that a year is an appropriate amount of time for this to have dragged on with no action. It's just a gaping PR own goal, why would Labour allow this to happen knowing how it makes them look? They either don't care or as Neil suggested, it's a lack of leadership.

Why on earth are people sharing Russia Today videos from people who created the graphic posts that got Naz Shah suspended by the Labour Party?
Because Jonnyboy has zero radar and will swallow any old bullsh it propaganda just as long as it is on the Canary or Sqwarkbox or our comrades in Moscow. Because he is, like, a free thinker and everything.

When will people just accept that Jeremy Corbyn has never made a single mistake in his entire life. Also, his interview was a triumph and showed him to be Prime Ministerial because Aaron Bastini said so.

Why on earth are people sharing Russia Today videos from people who created the graphic posts that got Naz Shah suspended by the Labour Party?
Because Jonnyboy has zero radar and will swallow any old bullsh it propaganda just as long as it is on the Canary or Sqwarkbox or our comrades in Moscow. Because he is, like, a free thinker and everything.

When will people just accept that Jeremy Corbyn has never made a single mistake in his entire life. Also, his interview was a triumph and showed him to be Prime Ministerial because Aaron Bastini said so.