chelsea away

rick1976.4.38

No we do not jump priority system our allocation from Saints is based on previous games attended too, and supporters who get tickets are allocated them on basis of games attended.

This is generally fair but for Mitdjylland we were allocated only 8 tickets yet had far more members who would have qualified for tickets based on the clubs priority system.

For most London games our allocation is not sufficient to meet demand, but for this particular game there is not the demand, I assume due to a combination of the prices and it being on TV

No we do not jump priority system our allocation from Saints is based on previous games attended too, and supporters who get tickets are allocated them on basis of games attended.

This is generally fair but for Mitdjylland we were allocated only 8 tickets yet had far more members who would have qualified for tickets based on the clubs priority system.

For most London games our allocation is not sufficient to meet demand, but for this particular game there is not the demand, I assume due to a combination of the prices and it being on TV

I thought it had been stated further up the page that the bloke who was just a member could have got a ticket for Chelsea away by joining the London Saints, therefore he would be jumping Saints ticket priority system.

I thought it had been stated further up the page that the bloke who was just a member could have got a ticket for Chelsea away by joining the London Saints, therefore he would be jumping Saints ticket priority system.

I stand to be corrected on this but I beleive northern saints get a small allocation for every away game, which for big games is done on a priority basis, ie those with most previous away matches via northern saints on their record.

I can see why season ticket holders would be p*ssed off about non season ticket holders effectively jumping the queue, however if you live hundreds of miles away its not practical to be a seaaon ticket holder. It's not like you're talking hundreds of tickets, I don't know the exact numbers but I'd imagine Northern Saints probably only get 10-15 a game.

I bought my membership in the hope that I would be able to get tickets to games like Chelsea away. It's a 10 minute walk from my house, so I'm bitterly disappointed that I won't get the opportunity. I'm not saying I should be placed in a queue ahead of those that have season tickets, but due to the small allocation I won't even get the chance! Starting to regret that £25!

I've also purchased a membership on the basis that I live in Edinburgh so a season ticket isn't viable for me, so I thought a membership would give me the best chance of getting tickets. What's the point if away sales are sold out with you needing a season ticket & 2 away games?! Especially frustrating when we know the club can get another 1500 tickets.

Could the club not email their membership a few weeks before these games to try and gauge the likely take up?

I have a feeling we might well have sold those 3000 tickets

Great idea. The best solution would be that they allow people to log in on-line and pre-order tickets for the whole season. If you indicate that you want tickets then you are committed to buy, but it's not a guarantee you'll get a ticket as the club then goes through the same process as now allocating tickets to season tickets holders first then members then non-members. If that could be done earlier then that would help everyone's travel plans (i.e. get cheaper rail tickets). It would also then give the club an indication of what level of allocation they should take.

Thank you for your enquiry, our apologies for the delay in responding to you.

I have requested a response from our Ticket Office regarding the allocation for the Chelsea Away fixture, and have been advised of the following:

Selecting the appropriate allocation for away tickets is a decision that is not taken lightly for any game, and one into which a lot of thought and consideration are placed.

We only have 2 options available to us for games at Stamford Bridge, which are allocations of 1,500 and 3,000 tickets. Given the cost of the tickets, taking the larger allocation adds an amount of financial risk onto the Club, given that we have to commit to sell the majority of the allocation received, or be left liable for the cost of the unsold tickets. At £47 and £50 each, that cost for Chelsea is quite considerable.

Previous allocations for games in London which are televised live have not Sold Out, and given the average attendance for Southampton at London games since our promotion back to the Premier League, and the cost of the tickets, at this stage we did not consider the larger allocation to be the correct one to take.

We assess each game individually, so taking a smaller allocation this year is not necessarily an indicator that we will opt for a similar approach next season.

I hope this answers your query. If you have any further questions, you are welcome to contact us again at any time.

Thank you for your enquiry, our apologies for the delay in responding to you.

I have requested a response from our Ticket Office regarding the allocation for the Chelsea Away fixture, and have been advised of the following:

Selecting the appropriate allocation for away tickets is a decision that is not taken lightly for any game, and one into which a lot of thought and consideration are placed.

We only have 2 options available to us for games at Stamford Bridge, which are allocations of 1,500 and 3,000 tickets. Given the cost of the tickets, taking the larger allocation adds an amount of financial risk onto the Club, given that we have to commit to sell the majority of the allocation received, or be left liable for the cost of the unsold tickets.

At £47 and £50 each, that cost for Chelsea is quite considerable.

you don't really think that bothers Mr. Abrahamovic - do you ? .....if they can keep a highly-skilled professional doctor un-employed on their payroll for weeks at a time....any eventual " loss of income on a few seats " is surely a drop in the bucket for Chelsea....

you don't really think that bothers Mr. Abrahamovic - do you ? .....if they can keep a highly-skilled professional doctor un-employed on their payroll for weeks at a time....any eventual " loss of income on a few seats " is surely a drop in the bucket for Chelsea....

Dont know if you are being ironic or not, but the cost would be left with us, think we are saying that the cost 'for the Chelsea game'.......

Anyone had their tickets through? Just realised mine haven't arrived yet and seeing as I sold a kidney and one of my children into slavery to afford them I'd quite like to know if they should have turned up by now.

Was about to ask the same thing, still waiting on mine.