Claude Puel Announced as New Manager - OFFICIAL

Jimmy_D

31 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Wasn't huge excitement when we brought in Puel either. Similarities to Nathan Jones reaction tbh.

True.

Although Jones plays a more attacking style I understand, and of course he's not following on from Koeman's success.

If he gets us to 8th this season that'd be acceptable I suppose.

What did Puel do for us?

'Well, a cup final that we should have won'

'Yes, yes, a cup final, but what did Puel do for us?'

'An 8th place finish'

'Ok Ill give you that, 8th place and I would tear your arm off for that, but what did Puel do for us?'

'Beating Liverpool home and away in a semi final, never likely to happen ever again'

'yes, yes, but we didn't win any of the last home games, and couldn't score. We did miss a couple of penalties in those 0-0's though.'

'Umm, he couldn't do a post-match interview to make us laugh.' 

'Well I doubt you could if you were speaking in a native language'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Wasn't huge excitement when we brought in Puel either. Similarities to Nathan Jones reaction tbh.

I really hope whoever we get in is a better manager than Puel. We'd have no chance of staying up if all we could do is pass the ball along the back line for the rest of the season 🤮

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Huge difference. Claude had top flight experience, not to mention taking Lyon to their first Champions League semi final. So we weren't worried about that, and no one was thinking about looming relegation at that time.

I'd take him over Jones any day. Maybe by the end of the season I'll be proven wrong (I hope so).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OldNick said:

What did Puel do for us?

'Well, a cup final that we should have won'

'Yes, yes, a cup final, but what did Puel do for us?'

'An 8th place finish'

'Ok Ill give you that, 8th place and I would tear your arm off for that, but what did Puel do for us?'

'Beating Liverpool home and away in a semi final, never likely to happen ever again'

'yes, yes, but we didn't win any of the last home games, and couldn't score. We did miss a couple of penalties in those 0-0's though.'

'Umm, he couldn't do a post-match interview to make us laugh.' 

'Well I doubt you could if you were speaking in a native language'

"But we only finished 8th because the league was so poor!!!!!! Koeman was so much better because we finished 6th!!!"
"But the league was poor..."
"IT DOESN'T MATTER, IT'S STILL SIXTH!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1