Claude Puel Announced as New Manager - OFFICIAL

Jimmy_D

In fairness to Saintrobbie, Puel has managed us for 7 games now!! And if he believes he will be gone before Christmas how long does he need to wait to say so? He may only have 14-15 games left.

Saintrobbie has proven before that he has good instincts and seems to be able to evaluate player potential a lot quicker than most on here.

Will be interesting to see what happens but if Robbie is right (again) will be egg on a few faces :toppa:

Is this the same poster who in January of this year pronounced that "We are in a relegation battle. No brainier". Seems to be very perceptive so I guess we should hang on to his every word then.

Is this the same poster who in January of this year pronounced that "We are in a relegation battle. No brainier". Seems to be very perceptive so I guess we should hang on to his every word then.

Picking out one of Robbies 9,000 posts which he clearly posted tongue in cheek? Bit unfair no?

Robbie is a decent poster and has "predicted" a lot over the last few years.

Mystic Robbie I call him and suspect a few others do also

Didn't he also lambast Koeman for not dropping Pelle, because Pelle was such a piece of crap? Haven't you been lambasting the club for letting Pelle go? Why would you want to keep Pelle after SaintRobbie has pronounced that he was so crap - surely you should be congratulating the club for getting £13m in for such a crap player.

Didn't he also lambast Koeman for not dropping Pelle, because Pelle was such a piece of crap? Haven't you been lambasting the club for letting Pelle go? Why would you want to keep Pelle after SaintRobbie has pronounced that he was so crap - surely you should be congratulating the club for getting £13m in for such a crap player.

Getting £13m for Pelle was an absolute master stroke no doubt.... I have not said anything to the contrary on that.

Picking out one of Robbies 9,000 posts which he clearly posted tongue in cheek? Bit unfair no?

Robbie is a decent poster and has "predicted" a lot over the last few years.

Mystic Robbie I call him and suspect a few others do also

He`s predicted a lot yes but most of it has beem ball oks...

From a Soares interview with the Record (Daily Record I guess?)

"Cedric was not afraid to compare the former Southampton manager Ronald Koeman, now at Everton, to Claude Puel, who has just taken charge of the team: 'Different and with another kind of leadership, closer to the players.'"

"Cedric was not afraid to compare the former Southampton manager Ronald Koeman, now at Everton, to Claude Puel, who has just taken charge of the team: 'Different and with another kind of leadership, closer to the players.'"

Yeah I saw that interesting he feels that way after only a couple of weeks.

hopefully not Jerry Sandusky close

He needs quality players - that he wants not Les Reids Fantasy Football team on a shoestring.

He's going to fail no doubts about it... He's already demonstrating that he has one system he can play (& that's failing) with the players he has. He is not good.

But remember why. Les Reid sold the spine of our team. Les Reid has replaced spine with low quality bones. And we need a hip replacement!

We have lots of money - 3 years worth of selling quality that has gone straight into our owners pocket - "managing within our means" - bull.

Time to get a new owner and a new Boardroom.

We can't progress with a bad owner, bad manager, bad boardroom and only 8 decent players.

Sell the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He needs quality players - that he wants not Les Reids Fantasy Football team on a shoestring.

He's going to fail no doubts about it... He's already demonstrating that he has one system he can play (& that's failing) with the players he has. He is not good.

But remember why. Les Reid sold the spine of our team. Les Reid has replaced spine with low quality bones. And we need a hip replacement!

We have lots of money - 3 years worth of selling quality that has gone straight into our owners pocket - "managing within our means" - bull.

We can't progress with a bad owner, bad manager, bad boardroom and only 8 decent players.

Sell the club.

We're already at level 4 SaintRichmond. One more draw at home and we could hit peak swivel-eyes.

Sell the club.

Is it just me or has the amount of moronic posts shot up to an unusually high level even for this forum??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sell the club.

Was that you on Bridge's missus programme the other night.?

You seem to fit the bloke who hid behind the gate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sell the club.

Can't work out if you are an obvious skate troll or just thick as ****.

This is the system that puel believes in. He got the job by selling his vision of how the system would work to the board. The board and puel will persevere with it. It is early days, but there are positive signs. The players will grow into it, and be improved by it. Bertrand coming back will help. A couple of signings will help. We lost last night, but were in the game. It was decided by a couple of close decisions from the ref in the end. I just can't understand why so many people are writing this new start off when we have only just begun the season.

This is the system that puel believes in. He got the job by selling his vision of how the system would work to the board. The board and puel will persevere with it. It is early days, but there are positive signs. The players will grow into it, and be improved by it. Bertrand coming back will help. A couple of signings will help. We lost last night, but were in the game. It was decided by a couple of close decisions from the ref in the end. I just can't understand why so many people are writing this new start off when we have only just begun the season.

He got the job because he was the candidate who seemed most likely to do exactly what Les Reed wanted. Reed is literally gettting more hands-on. Never one to miss a photo o[pportunity, he was shaking the hand of every player as they got off the coach at Old Trafford.

Is it just me or has the amount of moronic posts shot up to an unusually high level even for this forum??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They are the same ones that weren't seen for dead when we were in L1. I think this forum is only real evidence that they support saints and that is questionable.

Sad little people.

You honestly thought we looked like scoring? Must have been watching a different game to me. It's weird, I'd have thought one of the advantages of playing a diamond is that you get to play an extra man up top but you sacrifice a bit of muscle in midfield to do it. They way we are playing we are toothless up top and are getting overrun in midfield most of the time. There was one point when Pogba just walked through the centre of the pitch with nobody near him.

This formation has totally neutered the players we've got IMO. Don't like the way we are playing at the moment one bit.

Did De Gea make a single save last night? Genuinely can't remember him doing anything all night

Scuffed Long shot was our only shot on target. To be fair Forster had nothing to do either except pick the ball out of the net.

He got the job because he was the candidate who seemed most likely to do exactly what Les Reed wanted. Reed is literally gettting more hands-on. Never one to miss a photo o[pportunity, he was shaking the hand of every player as they got off the coach at Old Trafford.

You really are a oddbod with an agenda...a crappy,snivelly,whingy one but an agenda all the same...

Sell the club.

Waaaaaa,waaaaaa,sniff,snivel waaaaaa..........

Reed has got alot of recognition for our transfer policy, comments like "they sell there best players every summer and still finish top 10" and he was largely credited with the success of mopo and koeman. Rightly so

My worry is the relative success has gone to his head and rather than accepting a certain amount of luck he thinks he's found a magic unbreakable formula.

He is testing it too much this summer

Reed has got alot of recognition for our transfer policy, comments like "they sell there best players every summer and still finish top 10" and he was largely credited with the success of mopo and koeman. Rightly so

My worry is the relative success has gone to his head and rather than accepting a certain amount of luck he thinks he's found a magic unbreakable formula.

He did say this season that we had the best midfield options in the league.

I see what you are saying but I "hope" that the sort of players we are trying to buy now are players are in Euro or Champs league clubs and the delay is based on that comp being finalised like Virgil last year where Celtic didn't sell until they knew they had qualified or not.

I see what you are saying but I "hope" that the sort of players we are trying to buy now are players are in Euro or Champs league clubs and the delay is based on that comp being finalised like Virgil last year where Celtic didn't sell until they knew they had qualified or not.

I admire your optimism and really hope they have a few top players lined up

I admire your optimism and really hope they have a few top players lined up

We must, it would be a case of gross incompetence as a business to not reinvest your transfer profits back into the playing side of the business.

We already have a massive tv to pay back debt, service wages etc

We must, it would be a case of gross incompetence as a business to not reinvest your transfer profits back into the playing side of the business.

We already have a massive tv to pay back debt, service wages etc

We are 20th (bottom) in the net transfer spend table and my worry is that this is celebrated and aspirational at Southampton

Koeman spoke about ambition and said he would stay if we had sufficient ambition.... Him leaving with the 1st offer spoke volumes

We are 20th (bottom) in the net transfer spend table and my worry is that this is celebrated and aspirational at Southampton

Koeman spoke about ambition and said he would stay if we had sufficient ambition.... Him leaving with the 1st offer spoke volumes

The small matter of £6m a year probably had some influence.

I don't know if it's gone to his head but yes, there is an element of luck and it would be dangerous to think he (and the board) are not capable of making a mistake; look at Osvaldo for instance.

A lot remains to be seen if this appointment, and the new direction that it brings (which it most certainly does with the new formation) will be a success or not.

Maybe his ambition was to get £6 million?

one of our Dutch contributors said that nearly all Dutch clubs are short of cash, and need to sell (their best players) to survive.

Koeman probably had little cash to buy with, and the players must have been underpaid (relative to Prem.salaries), and although he said taking the Saints job -

"wasn't just about money"..it probably helped. Everton offering to double that was an offer he (and his staff) just couldn't refuse.

If he flunks at Everton and never manages another top side, he's surely set up for life with his new salary.

"You honestly thought we looked like scoring?"

We had a goal disallowed, Long hit one past the post and scuffed a shot at De Gea when he should have tested him. There were other opportunities, which broke down.

As Hojbjerg said after the match, Saints are a better pass or a braver movement and better finishes away from being much more effective.

This is the journey we are on the season. I'm excited about the potential of this new approach. Not going to write it off after the first loss.

"You honestly thought we looked like scoring?"

We had a goal disallowed, Long hit one past the post and scuffed a shot at De Gea when he should have tested him. There were other opportunities, which broke down.

As Hojbjerg said after the match, Saints are a better pass or a braver movement and better finishes away from being much more effective.

This is the journey we are on the season. I'm excited about the potential of this new approach. Not going to write it off after the first loss.

Agree mate but on here that wisdom is lost among the bedwetting football manager game experts

• 6 years later...