Boufal

spyinthesky

Should be first name on the team sheet. His outrageous skills (and occasional misstep!) remind me of MLT. The way he killed a long ball stone dead with one touch and then pivoted in one movement was wonderful to see.

Unlike many of our side I look forward to when he gets the ball - sure some of the time it doesn't work but we need someone like Boufal to try something different. POtential to be an incredible player.

I hate comparing him to Redmond as they are in different class leagues but hard not to compare given it seems to be one or the other.

With Boufal you get genuine skill, attack and hope.

While Redmond just offers bad passing, strops and fouls.

The fact that Redmond has been given 5,000 minutes of football vs Boufals 2,000 this past 18 months needs FBI investigation.

FBI investigation or Forward Based Instructions...........see what i did there?..............oh well move on.

• 1 month later...
Just what did Boufal contribute today? He didn't look interested.

**** all. He’s contributed one goal all season. The rest has just been a mishmash of tricks and flicks that go nowhere, holding onto the ball when a quick through pass is on, not shooting when a clear opening, going down blind alleys etc.

Gaston Ramirez was a better buy.

*ducks for cover*

Scored 3 League goals in his first 4 months here, everyone decided he was a flop. Boufal has 3 in a year and a half.

Still, it's not just about goals. Pointless tricks, showing off and giving the ball away are just as important traits for a footballer.

He has given up and honestly I don't blame the guy. After the WBA goal he got a run in the side and we looked a better team all round - but because he didn't do anything outstanding in those games he was dropped again. Every single other player in the squad has at some point been given a consistent run of games in the team, but Boufal for some reason had to score an absolute worldy just to get 4 or 5 starts and then get forgotten about again.

Redmond is a better bet. Sadly I’m shouting into the wind. Fans minds are made up and he can’t win.Boufal is one of those players that get a massive amount of slack as he may from time to time score a worldly.

Play Redmond up alongside the centre forward and use his pace

He has given up and honestly I don't blame the guy. After the WBA goal he got a run in the side and we looked a better team all round - but because he didn't do anything outstanding in those games he was dropped again. Every single other player in the squad has at some point been given a consistent run of games in the team, but Boufal for some reason had to score an absolute worldy just to get 4 or 5 starts and then get forgotten about again.

He get's paid some £80k odd a week, he's given up and you don't blame him?!

He gets forgotten about because he scores an absolute worldly, then does f**k all for months.

He get's paid some £80k odd a week, he's given up and you don't blame him?!

He gets forgotten about because he scores an absolute worldly, then does f**k all for months.

A bit tough on Boufal, who admittedly didn't/couldn't get into the game when he came on. Yet, Tadic and Ward-Prowse were completely ineffective in their wide positions but escape your scrutiny.

A bit tough on Boufal, who admittedly didn't/couldn't get into the game when he came on. Yet, Tadic and Ward-Prowse were completely ineffective in their wide positions but escape your scrutiny.

Well...

a) I'm not talking about today, I'm talking about the last year and a half.

b) This thread is titled, 'Boufal'.

To be fair Prowse had scored 3 goals recently.Boufal scored when? I do recall missing the chance against Spurs when he should have hit it first time

Well...

a) I'm not talking about today, I'm talking about the last year and a half.

b) This thread is entitled, 'Boufal'.

I understand the frustration with Boufal, but he's got the talent and skills and run that most of our attacking players lack. He was injured or not ready for most of last season and in this one has been mismanaged by our out-of-his-depth Manager.

To be fair Prowse had scored 3 goals recently.Boufal scored when? I do recall missing the chance against Spurs when he should have hit it first time

Yes, agreed - I was referring to yesterdays game - in particular our lack of speed/penetration in attack; in that sense both Tadic and JWP were poor.