The Midweek Games Fred

Lighthouse

What if Swansea score early and we concede early? Would they not think "who knows? let's go for it"

If Lambert has the players up enough for the game then we'll be fine, because I can't see Stoke conceding hatfuls of goals to Swansea in those circumstances. But it's just the combination of us playing Man City, our players being complacent and thinking they're safe, Man City players having freedom & space because we're no longer up for it, Stoke having a bee in their bonnet about Hughes and not being overly fussed about losing and Swansea being solely focused on scoring lots of goals rather than just getting a win.

I mean, it would be the mothership of all catastrophes coming to land if it happened. But this is Saints we're talking about.

When's the last time we had a "mother of all catastrophes?"

All we have to do is unleash Romeu, make sure he puts in a few tough challenges early doors, they'll stop playing after that, none of them will want to get injured for the World Cup.

Yeah smart tactic - he gets a red card after 5 mins

If Brighton can score surely we can for those predicting 5-0 loss?

I understand why people are nervous this is Saints and our defence is shocking but Stoke will be professional and have Butland in goal who is decent. Shawcross and Zouma are not bad.

Need a Stoke early goal to kill them off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Man U v West Ham was a bit turgid, thankfully I had something else to do to keep me amused.

Came back in just as it was all kicking off with Noble going at Pogba full on, hands on his face making out to gouge right in full view of Jon Moss all he got was a yellow, made Stephens shove on Glass Jack for a red look more than very harsh.

Thankfully I can watch Jon Moss blow the whistle on 94, despite the ball spending all of about 40 seconds in playing during the 3 minutes of stoppage time he added on, without throwing my TV across the room. Nothing like a good bit of consistency in this league. Absolute ******.