Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

Explain then.

Plus... So now you can answer my question. Do you not think it supports genocide? Slavery? Sexism? Homophobia?

That's not how it works Matthew, you're making statements and claims based on a misunderstanding of what your claim is about, go away, research it and come back.

As for your question, no it doesn't

Free will is not compatible with an all knowing God. If God created the universe and knows the future then he set the universe up in a way before we are born where he knew what would happen. So under the Christian model of a creator god who knows the future... free will does not exist.

That makes the whole Adam and Eve 'test' to be ridiculous... how can you fairly give a test to Adam and Eve if you know before they take it that they will fail the test. How is that a fair test?

So the Adam and Eve story is clearly flawed and the purpose of Jesus is to fix the problem of original sin in that story.

2913697428_603bc0cfe5.jpg

Does a person have a choice as to what you want to have for tea tonight?

That's not how it works Matthew, you're making statements and claims based on a misunderstanding of what your claim is about, go away, research it and come back.

No, you've made a claim and refuse to back it up. I can't research a misunderstanding if you fail to say what you think the misunderstanding is! :rolleyes:

As for your question, no it doesn't

That is clearly not true :mcinnes:

Let's take slavery...

The Bible gives instructions on who you can own as a slave, how much they cost to buy/sell, how long you can own them for and that you can pass the own as property.

Or genocide...

The Bible shows god ordered the genocide of multiple tribes

Or rape...

The Bible shows god says rape victims have to marry their rapists

Or infanticide...

The Bible says god killed Egyptian first born babies

Or homophibia...

The Bible says gay sex is wrong

Or sexism...

The Bible throughout places women below men

Lots of other horrific things the Bible endorses, yet you bizarrely deny it does! :rolleyes:

1) Some historical characters and places are mentioned in the Bible and they have external collaborating evidence to support them. Jesus is not mentioned by any contemporary source. Spiderman lives in New York, Spiderman is fictional... that does not mean New York is fictional.

2) Jesus has nothing to do with the start of Judaism.

3) If you meant Christianity... then the gospels were written decades after Jesus was supposed to live and was by unknown authors. The gospels contradict each other about the Jesus story so it is hard to take them seriously. They were embellished as the years went on to make them fit prophecy, they get more elaborate with each gospel to make the story sound more impressive.

4) Robin Hood and King Arthur have very little evidence to suggest they were real people... yet myths have survived for hundreds of years about them

No I meant Judaism. Who started Judaism? Which fictional character?

No, you've made a claim and refuse to back it up. I can't research a misunderstanding if you fail to say what you think the misunderstanding is! :rolleyes:

That is clearly not true :mcinnes:

Let's take slavery...

The Bible gives instructions on who you can own as a slave, how much they cost to buy/sell, how long you can own them for and that you can pass the own as property.

Or genocide...

The Bible shows god ordered the genocide of multiple tribes

Or rape...

The Bible shows god says rape victims have to marry their rapists

Or infanticide...

The Bible says god killed Egyptian first born babies

Or homophibia...

The Bible says gay sex is wrong

Or sexism...

The Bible throughout places women below men

Lots of other horrific things the Bible endorses, yet you bizarrely deny it does! :rolleyes:

No, you've made lots of claims. That you would struggle to find a person of religion of who doesn't think god created everything - you've not backed that up

God created everything - you've misquoted that

The passover celebrates the killing of babies - you've misquoted that.

No this last claim is something special even by your standards, a whole list of claims which zero supporting evidence. God (see what did there) knows how how you got a masters if this forums performance is anything to go by, you repeatedly make unsubstantiated and ill informed opinions and claims with zero research to prove your point.

No, you've made lots of claims. That you would struggle to find a person of religion of who doesn't think god created everything - you've not backed that up

God created everything - you've misquoted that

The passover celebrates the killing of babies - you've misquoted that.

Page one of the Bible says god created everything. If a Christian or Jew does not believe their God created everything then they are not using their holy book.

No this last claim is something special even by your standards, a whole list of claims which zero supporting evidence. God (see what did there) knows how how you got a masters if this forums performance is anything to go by, you repeatedly make unsubstantiated and ill informed opinions and claims with zero research to prove your point.

If you insist, there are hundreds of examples for these but here are a few...1) The Bible shows god says rape victims have to marry their rapists

Deuteronomy

22:28If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her,and they be found;

22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

2) Sexism - the Bible says women will be punished by suffering in childbirth and their husbands will rule over them

Genesis

3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

3) Slavery

Exodus 21 outlines who you can own as a slave...

21:2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

21:3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.

21:4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.

21:5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

21:6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

4) God the baby killer

Exodus 11

11:5 And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

5) God ordering one of many genocides...

Samuel 15

15:2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

I have no idea... but why is this remotely relevant to what we were discussing?

If you can’t see the link I really am really struggling to believe you have this Masters.

I am just curious where you start and stop believing in things and whether it is when you do, and don’t have contemporary references.

Plenty in the Bible about God’s chosen people. Did Abraham exist do you think?

Page one of the Bible says god created everything. If a Christian or Jew does not believe their God created everything then they are not using their holy book.

If you insist, there are hundreds of examples for these but here are a few...1) The Bible shows god says rape victims have to marry their rapists

Deuteronomy

22:28If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her,and they be found;

22:29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

2) Sexism - the Bible says women will be punished by suffering in childbirth and their husbands will rule over them

Genesis

3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

3) Slavery

Exodus 21 outlines who you can own as a slave...

21:2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

21:3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.

21:4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.

21:5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

21:6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

4) God the baby killer

Exodus 11

11:5 And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

5) God ordering one of many genocides...

Samuel 15

15:2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

And the biggest mass genocide of them all by the god of the Bible...

flood-1a.jpg

Seek at first to understand then be understood child.

If you can’t see the link I really am really struggling to believe you have this Masters.

I am just curious where you start and stop believing in things and whether it is when you do, and don’t have contemporary references.

Plenty in the Bible about God’s chosen people. Did Abraham exist do you think?

I guess we've got god to thank for that one. He must have interveined on that one, there is no other explanation.

Seek at first to understand then be understood child.

You ask for evidence that God is a genocidal, sexist, homophobic, rape endorsing evil tyrant. I gave you evidence. Are you still going to deny it?

How can you possibly put a positive spin on the most evil fictional character ever created by humankind? He wiped out the global population in a flood ffs... how is that 'kind and loving'? What makes it worse is that if he really is all knowing, he knew that humans would **** up and he'd do the flood. So he is inept as a creator as he failed with Adam & Eve, failed with the global flood, failed with the Tower of Babel and failed numerous other kinds. He is pretty **** at being a God.

You ask for evidence that God is a genocidal, sexist, homophobic, rape endorsing evil tyrant. I gave you evidence. Are you still going to deny it?

How can you possibly put a positive spin on the most evil fictional character ever created by humankind? He wiped out the global population in a flood ffs... how is that 'kind and loving'? What makes it worse is that if he really is all knowing, he knew that humans would **** up and he'd do the flood. So he is inept as a creator as he failed with Adam & Eve, failed with the global flood, failed with the Tower of Babel and failed numerous other kinds. He is pretty **** at being a God.

So from that first sentence you seem to be saying that you have evidence. Finally he believes. Although an uncharitable view

So from that first sentence you seem to be saying that you have evidence. Finally he believes. Although an uncharitable view

I am describing a character in a book, that does not mean I think he manifests in reality any more than if I described the character of Lord Voldemort.

Lord Voldemort is less of an evil character than the God of the Bible, he doesn't kill any where near as many people!

What is your spin on the Bible passages I posted showing how the character of God endorses slavery, sexism, homophobia, infanticide and genocide?

Relevant how?

Because myths and stories about King Arthur and Robin Hood have existed for hundreds of years despite little evidence to support them.

Do you think Abraham was related to Noah? Do you believe in a literal global flood genocide story?

What about The Dukes of Hazard?

Yep, you can add Abraham to Luke, Bo, Daisy and Jesse of a list of fictional characters.

You didn't give evidence, you gave a few lines from a book thousands of years old. You didn't provide the full back ground of each incident, or take into account the fact the line would have been translated from it's original language, different cultures and customs at the time. You are maxing acusations based on one line from a whole story, written thousands of years ago in an ancient foreign language!!! Surely even someone with your lack of reasoning ability can understand that your quotes provide zero evidence of your claims.

You didn't give evidence, you gave a few lines from a book thousands of years old.

You are extremely confused, the whole book I was making was the god of the Bible endorses those things. I then quote from the book and you bizarely say I can't use the book as evidence the book endorses those things. :rolleyes:

You didn't provide the full back ground of each incident, or take into account the fact the line would have been translated from it's original language, different cultures and customs at the time. You are maxing acusations based on one line from a whole story, written thousands of years ago in an ancient foreign language!!! Surely even someone with your lack of reasoning ability can understand that your quotes provide zero evidence of your claims.

I'd love to know what context god endorsing slavery, rape, genocide, infanticide, sexism and homophobia is ok. How on earth can you twist that? The culture and customs are irrelevant, it is supposed to be instructions and stories of god.

You are extremely confused, the whole book I was making was the god of the Bible endorses those things. I then quote from the book and you bizarely say I can't use the book as evidence the book endorses those things. :rolleyes:

I'd love to know what context god endorsing slavery, rape, genocide, infanticide, sexism and homophobia is ok. How on earth can you twist that? The culture and customs are irrelevant, it is supposed to be instructions and stories of god.

Because you've cherry picked a single line from each of a number of accounts to try to prove your point, you've not understood the full context around them, that's like me claiming the Godfather trilogy are 3 romantic comedies because a line in one of the films is "Falling in love is great but being in love is a disaster."

To prove your point that god condones all these things you need to provide much greater evidence than a tiny hand selected segment of the book, much more context and much more substance. Plus take into account other factors that the book wasn't written in English so there may be translation issues, it was written thousands of years ago when there were significant moral and cultural difference. Come on Matthew, you must do better, as someone who demands evidence of others then surely it's totally reasonable for others to ask the same of you.

You didn't give evidence, you gave a few lines from a book thousands of years old. You didn't provide the full back ground of each incident, or take into account the fact the line would have been translated from it's original language, different cultures and customs at the time. You are maxing acusations based on one line from a whole story, written thousands of years ago in an ancient foreign language!!! Surely even someone with your lack of reasoning ability can understand that your quotes provide zero evidence of your claims.

And yet, somehow, you claim that exact same story book is relevant today ;)

Because you've cherry picked a single line from each of a number of accounts to try to prove your point, you've not understood the full context around them, that's like me claiming the Godfather trilogy are 3 romantic comedies because a line in one of the films is "Falling in love is great but being in love is a disaster."

To prove your point that god condones all these things you need to provide much greater evidence than a tiny hand selected segment of the book, much more context and much more substance. Plus take into account other factors that the book wasn't written in English so there may be translation issues, it was written thousands of years ago when there were significant moral and cultural difference. Come on Matthew, you must do better, as someone who demands evidence of others then surely it's totally reasonable for others to ask the same of you.

Not sure you can use the 'moral and cultural' differences. As it clearly states on page 1, god created everything. Before that, there was nothing (I'm paraphrasing, not quoting), ergo god created both the culture and morals.

You are digging a very strange hole for yourself here!

1) What could possibly come before or after god saying slavery is ok that would make it acceptable?

2) What could possibly come before or after god ordering genocides is ok that would make it acceptable?

3) What could possibly come before or after god saying rape victims should marry their rapists that would make it acceptable?

4) What could possibly come before or after god saying infanticide of first born Egyptian childrenis ok that would make it acceptable?

5) What could possibly come before or after god ordering genocides of other tribes andkeeping the virgins for yourself is ok that would make it acceptable?

You talk about context, but there is no reason a kind and loving god would list these as instructions. You have dug a hole and can't get out of this, there is no context that makes it acceptable.

You are digging a very strange hole for yourself here!

1) What could possibly come before or after god saying slavery is ok that would make it acceptable?

2) What could possibly come before or after god ordering genocides is ok that would make it acceptable?

3) What could possibly come before or after god saying rape victims should marry their rapists that would make it acceptable?

4) What could possibly come before or after god saying infanticide of first born Egyptian childrenis ok that would make it acceptable?

5) What could possibly come before or after god ordering genocides of other tribes andkeeping the virgins for yourself is ok that would make it acceptable?

You talk about context, but there is no reason a kind and loving god would list these as instructions. You have dug a hole and can't get out of this, there is no context that makes it acceptable.

no hole pal, the only one in a hole is you. You've provided some poor evidence to back up your elaborate claims now you're resorting to asking more questions to wriggle out of it. Understand your subject, not copy and paste tiny amounts of text. :mcinnes::lol:

In its entirety, not cherry picking lines from it to prove an elaborate and misguided claim.

no hole pal, the only one in a hole is you. You've provided some poor evidence to back up your elaborate claims now you're resorting to asking more questions to wriggle out of it. Understand your subject, not copy and paste tiny amounts of text. :mcinnes::lol:

Absolute nonsense. How can something before or after those passages make them acceptable? I've read before and after, nothing before or after makes them acceptable. You think there might be... so what is it? Pick one and explain.

Absolute nonsense. How can something before or after those passages make them acceptable? I've read before and after, nothing before or after makes them acceptable. You think there might be... so what is it? Pick one and explain.

Because one line from a story which is part of a series of other stories does not provide context. Like i said, the Godfather films have a line in them which says "falling in love is great, being in love is a disaster" So that means i could easily claim they are romantic comedies and no one can say i am wrong based on your line of thinking. You haven't put any context around the lines you've cherry picked.

i could accuse the person who once said this to be racist "the Negro is still languished in the corners of American society" I've cherry picked that single sentence from a much wider speech because i want to believe that person is racist and this proves it. However actually digging deeper and looking beyond the text i cherry picked it wasn't a racist comment at all and was part of Martin Luther Kings "i have a dream" speech.

SO here is my evidence to refute your claims

"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

According to your way of thinking this one line in the entire bible proves god is a loving god and everything you have said is wrong, because all you need for evidence is one line somewhere, anywhere and ignore everything else and provide no substance to any claim. SO i am right you are wrong and thats based on your line of reasons. that's how this works isn't it. :mcinnes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MLG, one question if I may, a simple yes or no answer is required.

Do you actually believe that in the 21st century, Christianity promotes rape, genocide, slavery and infanticide?

MLG, one question if I may, a simple yes or no answer is required.

Do you actually believe that in the 21st century, Christianity promotes rape, genocide, slavery and infanticide?

The holy book endorses it.

Modern day Christians cherry pick and ignore those bits. But that doesn't make the character of god in the book kind and loving. He is still an evil baby killing monster in the book.

376.jpg

445.a.jpg

Because one line from a story which is part of a series of other stories does not provide context. Like i said, the Godfather films have a line in them which says "falling in love is great, being in love is a disaster" So that means i could easily claim they are romantic comedies and no one can say i am wrong based on your line of thinking. You haven't put any context around the lines you've cherry picked.

i could accuse the person who once said this to be racist "the Negro is still languished in the corners of American society" I've cherry picked that single sentence from a much wider speech because i want to believe that person is racist and this proves it. However actually digging deeper and looking beyond the text i cherry picked it wasn't a racist comment at all and was part of Martin Luther Kings "i have a dream" speech.

SO here is my evidence to refute your claims

"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

According to your way of thinking this one line in the entire bible proves god is a loving god and everything you have said is wrong, because all you need for evidence is one line somewhere, anywhere and ignore everything else and provide no substance to any claim. SO i am right you are wrong and thats based on your line of reasons. that's how this works isn't it. :mcinnes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This really is nonsense. :mcinnes:

The Bible is considered the literal word of god by some Christians and Jews. The Bible clearly states God committed a mass genocide where he created a worldwide flood that killed every human apart from a handful.

There is no context where global flood mass genocide can be made acceptable. No spin can be made on the Noah story to show it was a kind and loving act to drown innocent people. I'd love to see you try to spin it!

The Bible god could be 99.99% kind and loving, but one 1 act of evil removes any claim of him being kind and loving... and there are alot more than 1. So picking out these instances is entirely justifiable as the point is to highlight he is not kind and loving. He wiped out the global population in one story... how the **** is that something to gloss over as cherry picking! :rolleyes:

The holy book endorses it.

Modern day Christians cherry pick and ignore those bits. But that doesn't make the character of god in the book kind and loving. He is still an evil baby killing monster in the book.

376.jpg

445.a.jpg

So you genuinelybelieve that in the 21st century, Christianity promotes rape, genocide, slavery and infanticide.

Wow.

How has my local priest managed to avoid being arrested for conspiracy to commit murder, rape etc?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape