Jack Butland

Roo1976

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. McCarthy is better than him, so is Gunn probably.

Lost his way in a similar way to Hart and dare i say it, even Forster. Probably won't even regain the level he was once at. He wasn't even a regular for Stoke at the back end of last season as they'd had enough of his mistakes. Think it was the Leeds game where Stoke were thrashed 5 or 6, he didn't get a look in after that.

Was an excellent prospect once, we were linked with him but Cortese wouldn't pay the £6m Birmingham wanted, and we went for Gazzaniga instead.  Have wondered how things might have panned out for us and him had he signed.

Probably better than FF, and no worse than Gunn, but he's lost his way though, and would be a gamble. Not sure we want to go through the counselling and rebuilding fragile confidence with another GK. 

McCarthy is statistically one of the top 6 or 7 keepers in the league by xGC overperformance and top 10 cross claiming and save %. He may not be flashy but statistically he does a great job for us. Replacing him with a lad who can't make it in the bottom half of the championship is mental.

44 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. McCarthy is better than him, so is Gunn probably.

Lost his way in a similar way to Hart and dare i say it, even Forster. Probably won't even regain the level he was once at. He wasn't even a regular for Stoke at the back end of last season as they'd had enough of his mistakes. Think it was the Leeds game where Stoke were thrashed 5 or 6, he didn't get a look in after that.

MLG came out with this nonsense as well claim he’d been apppauling for over two years

almost exactly two years ago he was part of the England World Cup squad and stoke wanted £30m for him. 2018/19 he was stokes player of the season. Yes he had a bad start to 19/20 where he was dropped after a couple of howlers but got recalled and was playing much better. He wasn’t a regular at the end of the season because he was injured. 

id say he’s better than anything we’ve got. 

• Like 1

Got confidence issues and prone to mistakes. Probably not completely his fault playing in a terrible Stoke side for years. Needs a change of scenery but would be a pretty brave punt for a Premier League team to sign him. I’d rather sign Foster from Watford for a season or two than Butland.

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

MLG came out with this nonsense as well claim he’d been apppauling for over two years

almost exactly two years ago he was part of the England World Cup squad and stoke wanted £30m for him. 2018/19 he was stokes player of the season. Yes he had a bad start to 19/20 where he was dropped after a couple of howlers but got recalled and was playing much better. He wasn’t a regular at the end of the season because he was injured. 

Another word to add to Turkish's word list. A word he can't spell correctly.

Why do you think it is dropped to a reported £8m? Because he has not been good.

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Stoke fans will be happy to see the back of him if their forums are anything to go by, happy to take 3m. There has been talk of him going to Leeds for 8m and some fans are ready to drive him there.

He's certainly lost his way, looks very similar to Hart and Forster to me. That's why we'd be daft to go near given the situation we have with Forster.

13 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Another word to add to Turkish's word list. A word he can't spell correctly.

Why do you think it is dropped to a reported £8m? Because he has not been good.

Or maybe it’s because he’s only got a year left on his contract and won’t sign a new one. Stoke won’t have the parachute payments next season so need to sell

you claimed he’d been appalling for 2+ years. 2 years ago he was at the World Cup, just over a year ago he was stokes player of the season. You f*cked up, just admit it.

15 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Stoke fans will be happy to see the back of him if their forums are anything to go by, happy to take 3m. There has been talk of him going to Leeds for 8m and some fans are ready to drive him there.

He's certainly lost his way, looks very similar to Hart and Forster to me. That's why we'd be daft to go near given the situation we have with Forster.

Obviously we won’t be signing him but the fact are not quite how it’s being made out. He was stokes player of the season 2018/19 and yes he did have a shocker and got dropped start of 2019/20 but got recalled and only left out towards the end of the season due to injury. His price has dropped because he has a year left on his contract and won’t sign a new one, Stoke need to sell.

MLG f^cked up again and doesn’t like it

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

@Turkish

Here is a 15 page thread on him from fans who watch him regularly. You will struggle to find many who agree with you! The vast majority want him out of the club... a bottom half Championship club.

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/295734/butland

I don’t care what stokes mongboard says, they are probably like the helmets that post on here. you have f-cked up with your claim he has been appalling for 2+ years and why his price has dropped. That’s tour fault not mine. You got it wrong, your stalking of me every time I post is cute it a bit weird though. 

6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

@Turkish

Here is a 15 page thread on him from fans who watch him regularly. You will struggle to find many who agree with you! The vast majority want him out of the club... a bottom half Championship club.

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/295734/butland

Has he been appalling for the past 2+ years?

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Read the 15 page thread from fans who have been watching him this season... unlike you. 

Why? It’s bad enough reading the ill informed sh*te you post without going on other fans forums 

3 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Has he been appalling for the past 2+ years?

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Why? It’s bad enough reading the ill informed sh*te you post without going on other fans forums 

'2+' was a typo, I meant '1+'. You are clearly not immune from typing mistakes... unless you really think appalling should be apppauling! It is currently mid August so 1+ years takes us back to the start of the 2019/20 league campaign.

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

'2+' was a typo, I meant '1+'. You are clearly not immune from typing mistakes... unless you really think appalling should be apppauling! It is currently mid August so 1+ years takes us back to the start of the 2019/20 league campaign.

Stop lying!  You f8cked up. You didn’t know the facts and now you’re lying to trying and get out of it. Just admit you didn’t know what you’re talking about. It’s tragic you’re picking up on a spelling mistake from me to try and wiggle out of your mistake! How embarrassing for you. 🤣

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Stop lying!  You f8cked up. You didn’t know the facts and now you’re lying to trying and get out of it. Just admit you didn’t know what you’re talking about. It’s tragic you’re picking up on a spelling mistake from me to try and wiggle out of your mistake! How embarrassing for you. 🤣

So you can make spelling errors, but I can't type 2 instead of 1 by mistake on my keyboard? 🤔🙄

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

So you can make spelling errors, but I can't type 2 instead of 1 by mistake on my keyboard? 🤔🙄

Type This in reply and I won’t mention your mistake again. 

I was wrong, I screwed up. I am obsessed by Turkish. He is my master and owns me on every thread. 

Edited by Turkish