RIP Diego Maradona

Lighthouse

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

To people who posted what a great bloke Wilkins was, I merely pointed out that decent folk don’t get in a car when pissed and endanger life. Had the discussion been about Maradona being a nice guy & a decent bloke, you’d have a point. But the discussion was about him punching the ball into the net and why some people can’t forgive this act, when Englishmen do the same week in week out. You’re just trying to muddy the waters because you judge South American’s differently than good old English chaps. There’s a word for that.....

Fuck me it’s not rocket science, a lot of England fans don’t like him because his cheating knocked us out the World Cup. It’s really not that hard to understand.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Fuck me it’s not rocket science, a lot of England fans don’t like him because his cheating knocked us out the World Cup. It’s really not that hard to understand.

Hey Siri. Show me a pious poster stating the bleeding obvious.

Some of us got over it years ago & recognise his brilliance. Not liking someone because they knocked you out of the World Cup, is for the play ground. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Hey Siri. Show me a pious poster stating the bleeding obvious.

Some of us got over it years ago & recognise his brilliance. Not liking someone because they knocked you out of the World Cup, is for the play ground. 

No shit. Most behaviour of football fans is for the play ground.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

To people who posted what a great bloke Wilkins was, I merely pointed out that decent folk don’t get in a car when pissed and endanger life. Had the discussion been about Maradona being a nice guy & a decent bloke, you’d have a point. But the discussion was about him punching the ball into the net and why some people can’t forgive this act, when Englishmen do the same week in week out. You’re just trying to muddy the waters because you judge South American’s differently than good old English chaps. There’s a word for that.....

Show me where I said it was because he was South American? This is about his behaviour not his nationality. You are the one who is trying to turn this into a racial issue. If you look at my original post I say that I don’t condone anyone cheating - Saints players, England players, all players. There are plenty of players here who get labelled as cheats. As I said before, if Vinnie Jones punched the ball into the net to get us knocked out of the FA Cup quarter final, are you saying that wouldn’t bother you and you wouldn’t call him a cheat for years to come? No one is denying that has was a great player. He was also a cheat. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. There are players who were also great who did not cheat. Please stop making this issue about race. It is about what he did. We could also throw in playing when using performance enhancing drugs if you like? That too has nothing to do with his nationality. Don’t you find it pitiful that a player with so much ability has to cheat to try and gain an advantage when he already has an advantage over everyone he plays against?

As for Wilkins, virtually everybody used to drink and drive. As you well know, there was also a big drinking culture in football back in his day so I am sure he wasn’t the only footballer to drink and drive. Does that make them all bad people too? It has nothing to do with muddying the water and everything to do with double standards. And before you and my stalker go off on one, I am not condoning drunk driving. The point is you are more than happy to overlook a level of poor behaviour upon one person’s passing, but not another.

Edited by sadoldgit
Added comment

57 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Show me where I said it was because he was South American? This is about his behaviour not his nationality. You are the one who is trying to turn this into a racial issue. If you look at my original post I say that I don’t condone anyone cheating - Saints players, England players, all players. There are plenty of players here who get labelled as cheats. As I said before, if Vinnie Jones punched the ball into the net to get us knocked out of the FA Cup quarter final, are you saying that wouldn’t bother you and you wouldn’t call him a cheat for years to come? No one is denying that has was a great player. He was also a cheat. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. There are players who were also great who did not cheat. Please stop making this issue about race. It is about what he did. We could also throw in playing when using performance enhancing drugs if you like? That too has nothing to do with his nationality. Don’t you find it pitiful that a player with so much ability has to cheat to try and gain an advantage when he already has an advantage over everyone he plays against?

As for Wilkins, virtually everybody used to drink and drive. As you well know, there was also a big drinking culture in football back in his day so I am sure he wasn’t the only footballer to drink and drive. Does that make them all bad people too? It has nothing to do with muddying the water and everything to do with double standards. And before you and my stalker go off on one, I am not condoning drunk driving. The point is you are more than happy to overlook a level of poor behaviour upon one person’s passing, but not another.

Now soggy is condoning drink driving. The mask is slipping old boy. 

• Confused 1

On 01/12/2020 at 15:10, Lord Duckhunter said:

Soggy thought Julian Fellowes’ “ The English game” was a documentary. Jolly decent chaps, calling fouls & shaking hands over a Sherry after the game. No dirty Argies soiling the game. 

Why do you keep mentioning nationalities? Seriously, what has that got to do with anything?

Regarding decent sportsmen, Pele and Bobby Moore for starters. There are plenty of players who played or are playing the game in the right spirit. 

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

You really are a strange individual. Spend less time being a WUM and more time learning to understand basic English. 

Lol, you claim you stopped posting on here because of me however once again here you are. you can’t help it, addicted to following me round, you were even talking about Me on another forum the other day that’s how much I’m in your head, you’re there mate

F0F4DA48-528A-45E8-AE51-3B9A2D5B5AD8.jpeg

Edited by Turkish

On 02/12/2020 at 19:36, Turkish said:

Lol, you claim you stopped posting on here because of me however once again here you are. you can’t help it, addicted to following me round, you were even talking about Me on another forum the other day that’s how much I’m in your head, you’re there mate

F0F4DA48-528A-45E8-AE51-3B9A2D5B5AD8.jpeg

Once again you display your Trump like narcissism. Once again you misquote. It’s all about you isn’t it? Good luck with that.

5 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Once again you display your Trump like narcissism. Once again you misquote. It’s all about you isn’t it? Good luck with that.

You were talking about me on the TUI a few weeks ago, i've not posted on there for months. You did say you stopped posting here about me, yet yet again you're here, replying to me. So which bits of what i said are untrue? I do love how when you get flustered your standard Trump or Tommy Robinson "insults" come out, i can imagine you thumping away at your keyboard in Romney Marsh thinking "that'll tell 'im" It's not about me it's about you, because you're the one posting about me. You're obsessed mate. 

Edited by Turkish