• Elyounoussi
    • S. Armstrong
    • Adams
    • A. Armstrong
    • Lyanco
    • Diallo
    • Broja

17 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Thought so, didn’t Matt get a hat trick in that game or was it his debut or something? Think he was only 17. 

Not a hat trick (as far as I remember) but it was certainly a game where in his early career he was noticed by the national press and was instrumental in the win.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Badger said:

Lifted this off of Twitter:

Dean Smith is the 10th Premier League manager to be sacked after a bad result vs Southampton. He follows Roy Hodgson, Dave Bassett, Glenn Hoddle, Mark Hughes, Malky Mackay, Neil Warnock, Claudio Ranieri (twice), Unai Emery and Quique Sanchez Flores.

When do we play Watford again? Let's go for the hat-trick!

Another good win on Friday night :) an absolute worldie from Adam Armstrong :) who was my MOTM, never stopped running while he was on the pitch. Che also never stopped running and was great. Prowsey and Ori in the middle were superb and controlled things. KWP excellent at left back, he really is some player. Salisu and Tino very good too. Good to go into the international break with another win and clean sheet. Hopefully we can continue our winning run after the break. COYR :)

Edited by davefizzy14
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Lifted this off of Twitter:

The implication being that to be beaten by Saints is the ultimate humiliation! How insulting is that.

We are a bloody good team and it is no disgrace to lose to Saints.

Let's hope that Klopp gets the chop when we put one over on The Scousers.

Edited by Charlie Wayman
  • Confused 1

On 06/11/2021 at 17:03, Charlie Wayman said:

We are quite used to Saints becoming a one half team, how weird is that? They look like the same players turning out after half time but not in the way they play. Good win 'though but why did we need to go into "panic stations" mode after the break when clearly we were the better team on the day. We need more self belief and that starts with you Herr Ralph.

Two points to take from yesterday. Livramento was poor and needs a rest, the kid is knackered. Too much football, too soon. Good to see you are nurturing our youngsters Herr Ralph!

Sky team said there were 30k at SMS yesterday. There were not! Clear gaps could be seen by everyone all over the stadium, 20/22k tops is my estimate. Yep! I know all about ST seats being counted come what may and so on.

Just catching up on the match thread, and can say I cannot agree with anything you posted, and think you might be trying to be a bit racist with the Herr Ralph rubbish. I would say I am surprised, but you nearly always spout rubbish so I'm not

13 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

The implication being that to be beaten by Saints is the ultimate humiliation! How insulting is that.

Or we play teams off the park to such a degree we make their managers look completely incompetent!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Depressed of Shirley said:

Just catching up on the match thread, and can say I cannot agree with anything you posted, and think you might be trying to be a bit racist with the Herr Ralph rubbish. I would say I am surprised, but you nearly always spout rubbish so I'm not

You're way off the pace mate, most people had a pop a few days ago. Need to wake up and catch up!

Opinions are opinions no more, no less than that;  even if you disagree you do not need to be offensive to people you have never met and hopefully never will. Replies like your are mindless drivel that spoils this forum. 

Play the ball not the man!

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I love the pitch side unseen videos the club make.   The footage is unconventional and the editing is sparky and engaging. The sound gives you a much better sense of what it's like there than the anodyne noise reduction that you get with TV coverage.

For the Villa game it was the nearest I came to feeling how I did at the ground.  The chaos of 30k people, the noise of the band, the feel of players up close, the piss-poor fire/light show, the tingling silence during the last post, the eruption at a goal and the oohs and has of misses, the indignation at cheating El Ghazi. 

I don't know how to embed it here, so you'll have to settle for a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUbKZhu19ls

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I love the pitch side unseen videos the club make.   The footage is unconventional and the editing is sparky and engaging. The sound gives you a much better sense of what it's like there than the anodyne noise reduction that you get with TV coverage.

For the Villa game it was the nearest I came to feeling how I did at the ground.  The chaos of 30k people, the noise of the band, the feel of players up close, the piss-poor fire/light show, the tingling silence during the last post, the eruption at a goal and the oohs and has of misses, the indignation at cheating El Ghazi. 

I don't know how to embed it here, so you'll have to settle for a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUbKZhu19ls

Just watched it on the club Facebook page - superb! - Great colour.

And @The Left Back you’re spot on watching that you get a condensed essence of how it felt in the ground last Friday.

8 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

The first few seconds of the video ran on my iPad whilst FB was open 

I couldn’t help but notice Lionel Messi plays Snare Drum for Saints Brass 😳😁

Yes he does!  Thanks for giving me another excuse to watch it.  And I don't believe that "the first few seconds" stuff - you just wanted to watch it again and who can blame you! 

• Haha 1