• Elyounoussi
    • S. Armstrong
    • Adams
    • A. Armstrong
    • Lyanco
    • Diallo
    • Broja

https://youtu.be/cKYXbtZzE4U

As far as refereeing performances went this was one of the worst last season, be good to smash em 3 or 4-0.

No need for Ings to get booed either when he comes out or for every time he touches the ball, would like to think we have all moved on.

Otherwise in terms of team selection, I think same as today except perhaps Broja over A. Armstrong.

Perraud/KWP dilemma I'll leave to Ralph, I don't mind either atm. Also haven't seen best of Stuart Armstrong just yet, I think keep Moi for now and hopefully Stu comes back stronger from the international break.

Just now, nta786 said:

As far as refereeing performances went this was one of the worst last season, be good to smash em 3 or 4-0.

No need for Ings to get booed either when he comes out or for every time he touches the ball, would like to think we have all moved on.

Otherwise in terms of team selection, I think same as today except perhaps Broja over A. Armstrong.

Perraud/KWP dilemma I'll leave to Ralph, I don't mind either atm. Also haven't seen best of Stuart Armstrong just yet, I think keep Moi for now and hopefully Stu comes back stronger from the international break.

Fuck off we will boo Ings

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, nta786 said:

Broja must come straight back into the side if fit. We had an excellent win today but once again we lacked someone of Broja's class up front and hence only managed one shot on target which was the superb goal from Che.  Would be great to win this one and go into the international break with 14 points from 11 games.

Edited by Teddeer

37 minutes ago, VictiAbNonem said:

Does anyone think Lyanco wouldn't be an improvement on Bednarek?

Bednarek has been attacked on here after nearly every game he's ever played

Its the custom on this site to attack our own players, 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Teddeer said:

Broja must come straight back into the side if fit. We had an excellent win today but once again we lacked someone of Broja's class up front and hence only managed one shot on target which was the superb goal from Che.  Would be great to win this one and go into the international break with 14 points from 11 games.

Dunno - Armstrong was only a whisker away from hitting the back of the net with Foster a very relived spectator. 
Get his sights calibrated for this one and rattle a few in and there would be a certain smugness.

23 minutes ago, Scallysaint said:

I’m fully expect and hope that Ings get a torrid time on his return. If we are winning I’d even put Lyanco on for last 5 minutes to kick lumps out of him.

Tough one, don't really like the bloke but his goals for us, especially at Fratton, makes it hard to give him a tough time. I'd rather he gets a knock v West Ham today and doesn't play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Haven’t really kept tabs on villa this season… so this surprised me.

Doesn’t surprise me - they didn’t want him season before last. Shut up last season as he did ok - now grealish is gone and the money spent they are expecting a very good season but it’s not going that way so far so, the knives are coming out.

44 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Doesn’t surprise me - they didn’t want him season before last. Shut up last season as he did ok - now grealish is gone and the money spent they are expecting a very good season but it’s not going that way so far so, the knives are coming out.

No managers are more than 5 games off being under pressure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Haven’t really kept tabs on villa this season… so this surprised me.

Feels unfair on Smith. That team was wank without Grealish last season and the season before they were almost relegated. Now they sell their best player by a mile, have a positive net spend, and expect him to push on? Seems unrealistic to me.

I think Grealish made a lot of players look better than they are in attack and Martinez having a freak season statswise made them look better defensively. They are no better than us imo.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dellman said:

Its the custom on this site to attack our own players, 

Hmm, strange one - so can't be critical of any players at any time? 

Back to the game - really hope we hit them again with a good fast start, seems to be the pattern the last few games. One game we will finish a lot of our chances and give someone a smashing. Please be AV.

4 hours ago, whelk said:

Don’t think there are trains going west or maybe the works will have finished by then

Can't get back to London after the game as for some reason last train in 10pm, impossible to make with 8pm kick off unless you leave very early, going to inconvenience a lot of fans as always plenty of Saints heading back to Basingstoke/ Woking / London. 

There used to be a 10.30 and 11pm train not sure if this is a temp timetable change due to works. 

Villa could have a whinge if they lose this, seeing as they'll have had a day less to prepare, so it would definitely be sweet to keep the unbeaten run going. Learn how to convert chances and we will smash a team this season at some point, so let's hope Armstrong can find his shooting boots in this one.

20 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Friday night, at home to a team from the midlands, on a potentially wet autumn evening. What’s the worst that can happen?

Don't panic!

Dad's Army: DON'T PANIC (supercut) on Make a GIF

Less than 5% chance of rain currently forecast at time of this post currently forecast for Friday at St Mary's...

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcp185f25#?date=2021-11-05

Looking on their forum, one poster reckons Targett has been their worst player this season and then another one hilariously refers to their opponents today as Wet Spam. It's not just on here that people side splittingly give other teams different names then.

16 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Looking on their forum, one poster reckons Targett has been their worst player this season and then another one hilariously refers to their opponents today as Wet Spam. It's not just on here that people side splittingly give other teams different names then.

Targett at fault for the first goal.

12 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

Have they said what’s up with him? Can’t find any info anywhere. 

Have seen suggestions varying from Covid to Hamstring. If it’s either of those he won’t be returning on Friday. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-0 Villa - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic