• Elyounoussi
    • S. Armstrong
    • Adams
    • A. Armstrong
    • Lyanco
    • Diallo
    • Broja

Never a better time to play them.

Ings injured and Watkins woefully out of form.

Konsa and McGinn suspended.

Their other big summer signing Buendoa looking a flop.

Unrest in the camp by all accounts.

Huge pressure on Dean.

It's got all the makings of a 1-0 away win, hasn't it 🤦

• Like 1

Injuries, suspensions, poor form, day less to prepare, just got hammered, we are going to eff this up aren't we. 

Hope Ralph does his homework and they really pressure Mings, he was dropped today for too many eff ups, but will have to play now with the sending off. 

22 hours ago, VictiAbNonem said:

Does anyone think Lyanco wouldn't be an improvement on Bednarek?

Bednarek has been attacked on here after nearly every game he's ever played

Bednarek is guaranteed one brain fart per game, and Lyanco did look the real deal against Chelsea. Good to finally have some decent options.

• Like 2

How often have we seen depleted and makeshift sides come and frustrate us, even pulling off a win against the odds ?

Would expect us to win given the confidence in respective camps but certainly can't take it for granted that Villa will be as poor against us as they have been the last couple of games.

8 minutes ago, nta786 said:

image.thumb.png.cd589b0df1d3eb64244314e2190ce327.png

Just an observation, but I thought PL rules for away game allocations is either 10% of stadium capacity or max. 3,000.

Slightly frustrating then to see Villa receive a 3,344 allocation per their website (which they have sold out) 

Are we giving away teams more tickets this season ? Looked to me that Man U/Leeds for instance had an extra block compared to what it used to be (two years ago !!), but it might be age and memory.

16 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Just an observation, but I thought PL rules for away game allocations is either 10% of stadium capacity or max. 3,000.

Slightly frustrating then to see Villa receive a 3,344 allocation per their website (which they have sold out) 

We do it all the time, it’s a fucking joke. Must be the most welcoming away day for any set of supporters. 

18 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Probably minimum 3,000, not maximum. I doubt it is against the rules to sell 300 more tickets if that’s what the home club want to do.

Agree annoying.

45 minutes ago, Badger said:

Are we giving away teams more tickets this season ? Looked to me that Man U/Leeds for instance had an extra block compared to what it used to be (two years ago !!), but it might be age and memory.

Block 43, directly behind the goal, used to be left empty for fan segregation. Now, it's been given to away fans. The fan segregation zone now is just half of Block 42, as it was for the Leeds game.

Edited by Nordic Saint

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-0 Villa - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic