What were the Covid checks/queues like?

southamptonfc

I did not attend as maybe being over cautious, although I am clinically vulnerable. My mate did go and says only 50% wore masks in the concourse. Until the club enforce the regulations I shall not be going back. Ignorant fuckwits. I hope they are proud of themselves putting others at risk, if not themselves.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Box said:

I did not attend as maybe being over cautious, although I am clinically vulnerable. My mate did go and says only 50% wore masks in the concourse. Until the club enforce the regulations I shall not be going back. Ignorant fuckwits. I hope they are proud of themselves putting others at risk, if not themselves.

If you have got the jab, what is the issue!

• Like 1

The conspiracy theorists (who I think can now reasonably be categorised as people fed up with being right) were saying that Vax Passes were rushed through, before it became clear that omicron was essentially a cold; and had actually been spread rapidly round the globe by vaxxed travellers. 
If they really are about controlling a virus,(and not about creating division & digital ID's) the Orwellian Vax Passes should end immediately. 
I don't expect it, and I don't know when I shall go to a match again. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Box said:

I have relatives in their 90s and more vulnerable than me. Although I am jabbed I could still pass it on. Why do people not listen to the guidance FFS.

I shall not dignify any further comments with a reply.

I guess you never leave the house. Fair enough

1 hour ago, Chocolate Box said:

Only 50%? Where i was it looked more like only 25%. Even saw a number of stewards not really wearing them (tucked under their chins). 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Sad 1

On 28/12/2021 at 21:33, southamptonfc said:

I didn't go to the game today because my Dad (knee replacement required) was worried about the queues and possible jostling - we both went to the Euro final at Wembley which was a bit chaotic at the gates!

What was the system like? How long did you have to queue for?

Thanks

It was very swift at the barriers checking the passes, and no queuing effectively and I wasn't too early (earliest since I don't know when though!) . I printed mine out so no fumbling with a phone.

Disappointing level of mask wearing in the concourses, although once I got to my seat I didn't either.

Didn’t check in the slightest. I had my pass ready but they barely even looked at it. When I tried to show my wife’s i didn’t realised i’d actually locked the phone and showed a blank screen, they still let us in!

we got there early (2:15ish) thinking it might take a while and we barely broke stride walking through the “check”. 

It was all just a big box ticking operation

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Pointless exercise where they glance at your phone and somehow scan the QR code with their minds.

Have you not watched Mission Impossible - they made nuclear launch codes print out in a briefcase in a hotel room a floor below,  using a smart contact lens. 
🤪😜😁😎🧐