Season tickets 22/23

csh398

So, with the hints (through messages and emails) of impending season ticket news being released for next season, what are peoples thoughts? I’m going with a £50 increase, although I think they’re already plenty expensive enough!! I just can’t see another price freeze, but I’d be happy to be proved wrong. What with the cost of living crisis I think the club will need to be very careful with their pricing structure for next season

1 hour ago, csh398 said:

So, with the hints (through messages and emails) of impending season ticket news being released for next season, what are peoples thoughts? I’m going with a £50 increase, although I think they’re already plenty expensive enough!! I just can’t see another price freeze, but I’d be happy to be proved wrong. What with the cost of living crisis I think the club will need to be very careful with their pricing structure for next season

Agreed. It will be a tight decision as to whether I renew our two. Having been priced out of our traditional seats these two mean nothing to us. Most of the fellow supporters that I sat near have given up their seats and there are always a few games that I can’t get to. Maybe a membership with the occasional purchase makes more sense.

• Like 1

Changing work circumstances mean it wouldn't make sense for me to renew. Albeit even before that I was wavering on whether it's something I *need* any more.

Have had my seat from the first season I was earning enough to pay for it outright (2010/11, I think?) so it'll be a bit of a wrench to start with. Though saying that most of the people I used to go with dropped off long before this season.

Surprisingly good actually, frozen again.

10 month interest-free Installment plan being back is a big plus for a lot of people, however the caveat is that if you want to spread the payments you have to apply for that by the end of April.

Edited by S-Clarke

I bought a ST for the 20/21 season that was largely held behind closed doors. Last season I renewed at the same price I had paid for 20/21 (no loyalty renewal price) I’ve just looked again and there’s no loyalty renewal price applied to my ST once again. Have Saints done away with the loyalty renewal price?

Holding prices is a welcome move.

ideally I would like to move a block along (from outer centre to inner centre as both are £660 for renewals) but it doesn't look as though I can do that unless I pay the higher price as a new season ticket holder (£775) rather than the existing ticket holder price for the inner circle (£660) .... if that makes sense.

The FAQ says I should renew mine first, then from June 1st 4th discuss seat moves with the office. By then, the seats that I'd like may be gone of course. 

Anyway, in that short window, assuming seats are still available, does anyone know if they are available then at the existing ticket holder price? 

Else moving along a block today is an extra £126 for an adult and an U18.

1 hour ago, Dragon_man said:

Holding prices is a welcome move.

ideally I would like to move a block along (from outer centre to inner centre as both are £660 for renewals) but it doesn't look as though I can do that unless I pay the higher price as a new season ticket holder (£775) rather than the existing ticket holder price for the inner circle (£660) .... if that makes sense.

The FAQ says I should renew mine first, then from June 1st 4th discuss seat moves with the office. By then, the seats that I'd like may be gone of course. 

Anyway, in that short window, assuming seats are still available, does anyone know if they are available then at the existing ticket holder price? 

Else moving along a block today is an extra £126 for an adult and an U18.

according to article on saints site existing season tickets can change seats in this window at same price as a renewal.  

How you do it is a different matter though!

55 minutes ago, John D said:

according to article on saints site existing season tickets can change seats in this window at same price as a renewal.  

How you do it is a different matter though!

Makes some sense. Gives them 6 or 7 weeks to try and sell at the higher price whilst locking in existing ticket holders. Guess a few more will become available after May 31st too as some supporters let their renewal offers lapse.

Hopefully it'll be done online so that we could see the seating plan when requesting a move rather than trying to do it over the phone.  

10 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I'd quite happily move from the Family Stand to somewhere with more atmosphere but balls to paying £147 extra per kid to do that. 

Took our two tickets out mid year when there was no availability in the family stand. Would make economic sense to move there, but sort of got used to being where we are.

14 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I'd quite happily move from the Family Stand to somewhere with more atmosphere but balls to paying £147 extra per kid to do that. 

It's odd isn't it, you could save a lot on your ticket to move to £399 area but then the kids would pay loads more.

Fair play to the club increasing supply of £399 though, that's a great price probably cheaper than what we paid 20 years ago 

36 minutes ago, JRM said:

It's odd isn't it, you could save a lot on your ticket to move to £399 area but then the kids would pay loads more.

Fair play to the club increasing supply of £399 though, that's a great price probably cheaper than what we paid 20 years ago 

Yeah, it was about £250 more in total to sit over there but without any gain in atmosphere.

Wish I could remember my season ticket price in the Northam when we moved to the Dell. Have a feeling it was high 300's.

Edited by The Cat

Lifelong Saint, but at 34 I've just bought my 1st ever ST. First time I've ever been able to afford one, as well as be able to attend most games. Persuaded my (non Saint) twin brother he wants one too. Nothing flash, those £399 tickets are fine for me :)

• Like 2

I don't mind the Itchen South, but yes that is mainly for the price point. 

The atmosphere isn't like the Itchen North or the Northam, you won't see grown men giving it the ol' wanker signs and during the game you won't get excessive chanting, other than perhaps before the game during the Saints brass band or if we're on our way to a famous win.

Also, the back end of Block 11-13 is where I've seen a few players often get a hospitality box when not in the squad, and also where Sky/BT get a box too if they are televising our game and choose not to be pitch side. 

Block 31 or whatever it is will continue to be a rip off though.

1 hour ago, nta786 said:

I don't mind the Itchen South, but yes that is mainly for the price point. 

The atmosphere isn't like the Itchen North or the Northam, you won't see grown men giving it the ol' wanker signs and during the game you won't get excessive chanting, other than perhaps before the game during the Saints brass band or if we're on our way to a famous win.

Also, the back end of Block 11-13 is where I've seen a few players often get a hospitality box when not in the squad, and also where Sky/BT get a box too if they are televising our game and choose not to be pitch side. 

Block 31 or whatever it is will continue to be a rip off though.

Block 31 is where we used to be :(

21 minutes ago, Pip said:

As a matter of interest, has anyone received an email from the club about this or is it just information from the website?

I've had one.

xxxxxx, we're freezing prices again for next season! Take advantage of our loyalty pricing and secure your seat for 2022/23. You will have until midnight on Tuesday 31st May to renew your seat at a reduced loyalty price.

We've introduced a new 10 month payment plan to make it even more affordable for fans to be at St Mary's next season. There is no credit check and it is completely interest free!

To renew click the button below, visit tickets.southamptonfc.com or call 02381 780 780.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening fellow fans... Quick ask about moving season ticket location... My lad and I have been in the family center for six years and now he is officially a six foot teenage waster we want to get a bit more atmosphere.. Maybe not full Northam / Itchen corner but maybe in the Northam / Kingsland corner... Worth the switch ? I heard people talking about the chapel / Itchen as somewhere getting a bit more animated.. Just looking for a decent experience.. Away from the I pad distracted under tens!

1 hour ago, Ex Ringwood Saint said:

Evening fellow fans... Quick ask about moving season ticket location... My lad and I have been in the family center for six years and now he is officially a six foot teenage waster we want to get a bit more atmosphere.. Maybe not full Northam / Itchen corner but maybe in the Northam / Kingsland corner... Worth the switch ? I heard people talking about the chapel / Itchen as somewhere getting a bit more animated.. Just looking for a decent experience.. Away from the I pad distracted under tens!

Block 4 - good atmosphere - you’ll be ok but quite a change from where you have been sitting. 😉

11 hours ago, Ex Ringwood Saint said:

What about block 35 in the northam corner ?

Semi related to ST’s that some folk might find interesting… the club have been told by the EPL to extend the press box further through the top of block 9. Anybody with a ST in that area are being moved to accommodate it.

Cheers both.. Was looking at block 5 certainly.. Cost a little more amenable! Those block four gold seats jump a bit....😜 We are in block 25 at the moment and I like the site lines.. all the old faces we used to know have disappeared over the last years so time for a change.. Still hanging in there though and the lad hasn' been put off!

On 28/04/2022 at 18:41, Ex Ringwood Saint said:

Try the back of block 15, cheapest solution and a decent veiw as well as the choice to stand without blocking anyones elses veiw.