13. Brighton

14. Brentford

15  N Forest

16. Leeds

17. Everton

18. SAINTS

19. Fulham

20. Bournemouth

We've signed a lot of players but arguably our starting eleven is no stronger than last season. Defence still looks very shaky and at the other end who the hell is getting the goals to keep us up? Not keen on the new formation either.

My opinion may change if we sign a quality striker (and ideally creative player) but right now it's hard to see anything other than a long hard slog. The enthusiasm of youth can only get you so far.

I predict an unexpected 5-way fight for the title with Spurs coming out on top. Bournemouth will be shocking but several teams will be in the mix for the other places.

5 managers likely to depart from their clubs: Marsch, Parker, Lage, Tuchel and Rodgers.

Lavia to be the pick of our generally successful new boys. 

The final table:

1 Spurs
2 Man Utd
3.Liverpool
4 City
5 Arsenal
6 Newcastle
7 Chelsea
8 West Ham
9 Villa
10 Palace
11 Saints
12 Leicester
13 Forest
14 Brentford
15 Brighton
16 Leeds
17 Fulham
18 Wolves
19 Everton
20 Bournemouth
  • Haha 2

1. Southampton

We go on a run for the ages, undefeated all season and spank Liverpool 10-0 at Anfield, klopp goes on his knees and cries tears of pain and shortly afterwards resigns citing his wife has started sounding Scouse.

This forum starts complaining we aren't scoring enough after each game and the assistants get the credit not Ralph.

Sports Republic use this as a spring board to buy another 20 clubs from Mongolia to Martinique and Redmond finally gets his dream move to Kidderminster Harriers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Premier League 22/23 Predictions:

1. Liverpool
  2. Manchester City
  3. Arsenal
  4. Chelsea
  5. Tottenham
  6. Manchester United
  7. Newcastle United
  8. West Ham
  9. Wolves
  10. Crystal Palace
  11. Aston Villa
  12. Leicester City
  13. Southampton
  14. Leeds
  15. Brighton
  16. Nottingham Forest
  17. Everton
  18. Brentford
  19. Fulham
  20. AFC Bournemouth

Other Predictions:
• Haaland will be injured for half the season and will still end up on 15+ goals.
• Lampard will be the first manager to get sacked. Three Premier League managers will be gone by the start of the World Cup.
• Sean Dyche will save a team from relegation but get booed in the process for his style of football.
• England will get knocked out after the knockout stage of the World Cup (the game after the group stage), and Southgate will blame the heat rather himself for playing three RB’s up front.
• Portsmouth will actually be promoted this season sadly, leading to the bestest fans in the land calling for Cowley to be knighted and the demand for a new 80,000 seater stadium on the docks.

I went with 14th last season.

Overall, I'm more optimistic for this season.

More strength in depth has been added.

The new faces will all be pushing strongly for, or getting first team minutes.

Hopefully, we'll have another striker on the way.

I'm less concerned about the inexperience of the new signings, than I am about Ralph's tactics. The playbook got found out, and the back up went badly wrong. When RalphBall did work, it was great to watch. My concern is that the new approach won't enable us to reach those levels, while still conceding enough to lose games. But trusting Ralph as he's got a lot out of an underinvested side for good spells.

Exhaustive research of seconds looking at each team means I'm going with 13th. Nearly went 12th but caught myself before getting carried away. 🙂

1 Liverpool

2 City

3 Spuds

4 Arse

5 Chelsea

16 Forest

17 Saints

18 Brentford

19 Fulham

20 Bournemouth

We stay up by 3 points. Struggle to score goals all season, defence is tighter though…

Ralph sacked before Christmas. 
Unknown foreign manager comes in - scrapes enough points together to save us…

I hope I’m wrong, but our starting side isn’t much different to last season. Bazuna and Aribo probably…

Too much reliance on untried and untested sees us struggle all season, Ralph chops and changes the line up without much success and loses his job. 

• Like 1

Hardest season to predict with the age of the signings. They could be fresh, resilient and free from the implosions of the recent past or 2008/9 again. Could be 15th and above trouble with some surprise wins or gone by the WC in November. Part of the problem is that the squad is certainly stronger but hard to say if the first XI is improved yet. With a couple of hefty signings at striker and some express pace/strength at 10, which the club seem to working on bringing in, the picture could turn for the positive. Difficult to see sufficient finishing and craft in creating chances to stay up as it stands.

I predict none of the predictions are right (except for this statement in itself and maybe one or two predictions about champions, sacked managers, etc.). That aside my prediction for the final table is:

Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
West Ham
Man Utd
Palace
Newcastle
Villa
Wolves
Saints
Leeds
Brighton
Forest
Leicester
Brentford
Everton
Fulham
Bournemouth

Like others have said, Lampard will be among the first managers sacked, though financial constraints could cause them to delay until it is too late to do anything about relegation - not that they are going to be able to afford to buy anyone in January anyway!
Other sackings will include Scott Parker at Bournemouth.
My biggest doubt about the above placings is Fulham who have a manager who knows how to get the best out of a weak squad. However, they do still have a fairly weak squad, despite a few purchases that may help them. That having been said, I post this with Fulham having lead Liverpool until a few seconds ago!
Edited by SaintJackoInHurworth

On 01/08/2022 at 11:22, Piran said:

I think we'll do well.

1. First half (and more) of last season's great form.

2. New signings look promising.

3. Defense looks tighter.

4. Midfield looks more creative, especially Aribo.

5. More goals this year, and I fancy Adam Armstrong to get his fair share.

6. Manager looking more decisive and settled, with his extra coaching staff.

A good combination!

Very good!

I disagree, obviously, but sure hope you're right!

• 8 months later...