Who leaves if we are relegated?

stevy777_x

9 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

As the Ankersen of Saints Web I can say that we aren’t worried about your departure as we already have scouts looking at a 19 year old Slovakian with some strong views on sadoldgit, trans women and Dianne Abbott.

are these 3 mutually exclusive ?

48 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I've already left- I just watched my new team feyenoord win the eredevise 2mins ago - fucking easy this supporting lark.

The Championship is the 6th best league in the world.

Where does Eredevise sit on the list?

3 minutes ago, Suhari said:

The Championship is the 6th best league in the world.

Where does Eredevise sit on the list?

Haters hate upwards bro - champions of the netherlands, europa cup semi final losers to roma 😉

But yeah what was it the owners said they dont see much of a difference between premier league and championship (according to the manager skills) i bet they do in the finance dept

Edited by Convict Colony

33 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

As the Ankersen of Saints Web I can say that we aren’t worried about your departure as we already have scouts looking at a 19 year old Slovakian with some strong views on sadoldgit, trans women and Dianne Abbott.

Don't do it!!!

I would have thought that you would have learnt from this season. You can't jettison the good all round experience that Turkish offers and replace him with an untried , inexperienced 19 year old. You should do everything you can to keep him. 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Haters hate upwards bro - champions of the netherlands, europa cup semi final losers to roma 😉

But yeah what was it the owners said they dont see much of a difference between premier league and championship (according to the manager skills) i bet they do in the finance dept

I've heard that the owners of Feyenoord are just honoured to be able to play big teams like Excelsior each week.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

Don't do it!!!

I would have thought that you would have learnt from this season. You can't jettison the good all round experience that Turkish offers and replace him with an untried , inexperienced 19 year old. You should do everything you can to keep him. 

Young Bogdan has expected anti-woke (X-AW) stats of 3.47 posts per day and we’re confident HCDAJFU. Plus he’s young, hungry and guaranteed to improve. Turkish won’t be missed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Young Bogdan has expected anti-woke (X-AW) stats of 3.47 posts per day and we’re confident HCDAJFU. Plus he’s young, hungry and guaranteed to improve. Turkish won’t be missed.

If you keep me here against my will I will refuse to post until you sell me

(oh shit that’s not going to work is it)

My PR people are currently finishing off the final draft of my really-sorry-and-thank-you Instagram message to you all (I've told those pricks four times to MAKE IT MORE HUMBLE fucks sake)

Once that's done and up then I am Out. Of. Here.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, CB Fry said:

My PR people are currently finishing off the final draft of my really-sorry-and-thank-you Instagram message to you all (I've told those pricks four times to MAKE IT MORE HUMBLE fucks sake)

Once that's done and up then I am Out. Of. Here.

Nailed it C B 

• Like 1

Possibly never good to think about this right after a match. Especially is the answer is “any of them.” But not in an “I want to see the back of all of them” sort of way (>cough<). Just that there’s just a load of possibilities, considering a new manager, a new league, players on reduced wages and those contracts being a year further on.

Out of Contract (and not likely any will be re-signing, even on vastly reduced terms):
Willy Caballero; Ainsley Maitland-Niles (end of loan); Mohamed Elyounoussi; Theo Walcott

1 Year Left (and we should be cashing in, while we can as none are indispensable)
Alex McCarthy; Jack Stephens; Mohammed Salisu; Ibrahima Diallo; Will Smallbone
Jake Vokins; Thierry Small; Stuart Armstrong; Ché Adams; Dan Nlundulu

Of these, I’d not mind McCarthy, Adams, Smallbone, Small or Stephens getting an extension. With Stu, it’s more of a fitness thing, and that is one of the things that’s impacted his form.

Of those on longer contracts:-
Kyle Walker-Peters; Romain Perraud; Lynaco; Jan Bednarek; Nathan Tella;
Armel Bella-Kotchap; James Ward-Prowse; Roméo Lavia have all had some paper talk, or could be reasonably expected to get snapped up for a good fee to stay in a top league (here or in Europe)

I'd be expecting to see Tino and Alcaraz here next season. Both on long contracts and I'd think both of their development paths would be better served with us for another year. It would take a lot less interest in the others, and a very big offer to expect them to leave.

That’s a large number of potential outgoings, and we’re not likely to see them all leave. We may have no takers for Diallo. We may get low offers for Perraud or others, and they stay to see out their contracts or for the next window. We shouldn’t be giving away some players on the cheap, just because they are desperate to leave, if we’ve not had a suitable offer. At the same tiem, tehre are some players who are not likely to feature we can be flexible on, just to trim the squad down.

Others are tactical, and depend a lot on the incoming manager. If it’s Russell Martin, does he play wide players or is that a role to be filled by attacking full backs? Is his lone central striker to receive deliveries form deep, wide positions, or from attacking wide positions. Is he supposed to be holding the ball up for others?  Depending on that, you could see more recent arrivals surplus to requirements, and for everyone’s benefit would look to go. Kamaldeen Sulemana, Joe Aribo and Paul Ounachu could be joining Mislav Oršić, who surely has to be going.

Another aspect of this is simply, what does it take to get out of the Championship? Our analytics and scouting teams will hopefully have been learning all about our destination in recent weeks. Martin (assuming it’s him) hasn’t managed a team into the Premier League, and the club should be working flat out to see what works best around his tactics. With the size of squad we are going down with, we have to fashion the core of the one that’s coming straight back up.

It’s not enough to assume that whoever we are left with, which will easily have the numbers to fill the majority of a squad, will be good enough or suitable to bounce back up. We need to identify the personnel to fit the tactics to be successful. That may push players who we currently have towards the door as they’re just not what we need. Whether we can get any of them through that door, is another thing. We've not seen much of teh youth players this season. But there will surely be squad places for a few in the Championship. The club's recruitment can be tweaked to trim the excess in poistions where's we've talent coming through (if any ready yet)

Whatever happens, we’re going to need strengthening defensively in the middle of the park, we need to be able to use the attacking players we have or get in additions and we desperately need goals.

Looking at who’s likely to stay with us, and the number of goals we’re going to need to get promoted, we either find a way of using Big Paul or we have to be looking elsewhere. If it’s elsewhere, then we may be telling some of the forwards we have, that they won’t be getting minutes, and they should get their agent working away for a new home.  

So, I’d be expecting lots of activity. A fair bit will depend on timings of offers. We may have to have a lot of irons in a lot of fires due to uncertainty on which of our current players are likely to be snapped up. But there are enough obvious gaps in the squad as it stands now, to get started. Hopefully, SR will manage to avoid 1) Smugly assuming a deal is done for a striker at the end of a window, before the player is actually here and 2) Buying in a striker before promptly changing the manager and tactic that’s not going to work with him.