Marian Pahars and the Class of '99

ecuk268

• ecuk268 changed the title to Marian Pahars and the Class of '99
21 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Shame mental Matt is too far down the rabbit hole to have been invited, I’m guessing the relationship with Dodd is still too frosty given his sacking by the club.

Fuck knows why Tessem is there.

I thought that, he signed in the summer just after it didn't he?

This is the sort of thing that's fine if they're just meeting everyone in hospitality before/after a game, but as a special event that you sell tickets for? Could be a bit awkward if they only sell half the seats.

Edited by Saint_clark

32 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

This is the sort of thing that's fine if they're just meeting everyone in hospitality before/after a game, but as a special event that you sell tickets for? Could be a bit awkward if they only sell half the seats.

Yeah he joined after the great escape, maybe they had a lot of people turn it down so they’re just hoping nobody realises Tessem wasn’t part of that squad 😂

Maybe a less formal ‘Evening with Pahars and Beattie’ would have been a better option, very fondly remembered strike partnership. Very much my era so I’d have gone to that if the price was closer to £70-£100

Edited by bpsaint

On 28/09/2023 at 22:33, Saint_clark said:

Hold it at Sellhurst park and it'll sell out

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

"Alongside Pahars were Matt Le Tissier, James Beattie, Franny Benali, Paul Jones, Jason Dodd and Jo Tessem, reliving their experiences in front of a sold-out lounge."

Add in KWP, Bednarek, Stu and Downes and that's the lineup against Birmingham sorted. >wistful sigh<

Good shout!

Jones

KWP Dodd Bednarek Franny

Tessem Downes Stu A

MLT

Pahars Beattie

Not a bad side to be fair. 

3 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Exactly as I had it in my head. Sadly, it's only in our heads. 🙂

Indeed, nice to reflect on some of those players though. I can just imagine that front 3, in its prime, in this league. 

25 minutes ago, egg said:

Indeed, nice to reflect on some of those players though. I can just imagine that front 3, in its prime, in this league. 

Seeing that team sheet.
The expectation.
The pre match huddle.
The pre match trot over to SR's manager.
The pat on his head with the reminder that they'll take it from here, thank you very much. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Seeing that team sheet.
The expectation.
The pre match huddle.
The pre match trot over to SR's manager.
The pat on his head with the reminder that they'll take it from here, thank you very much. 🙂

Ha!!

"Leave it to the big boys boss, sit back with a cuppa and a slice of cake, and enjoy the ride". 

• Like 1