Saints 5-0 Swansea - Match Thread

southbourne saint

21 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

Dammit Saints. I'm now dreaming of top 2 and exquisite football like today. 

But I've been Saints for over 40 years. We're going to get spanked by Plymouth aren't we?

Help me believe!

Not on your Nelly, Swansea was just a warm up after too much Christmas pud! I reckon this team will start to gel v Plymouth. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maggie May said:

One interesting observation I made was that none of the goal scorers yesterday did the knee slide celebration that’s so endemic in the Premier League. The traditional leap and fist pump was the favoured choice which is both elegant and safe. I’d like to think this is yet another positive trait instilled by Russell Martin. 

are you sure? Lots of potential for damaged knee ligaments if landing incorrectly.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fanimal said:

That fourth goal - 9 passes from goalkeeper to back of the net with three lovely elements of skill involved 🥅😇

Agree and when Baz had the ball I noticed Aribo was just outside his own box but, as the move developed out to the left, he popped up when the ball was switched to KWP and cleverly evaded his marker before playing a perfecly weighted reverse pass to Mara who looked up and picked out the Wee Man. Adams gets some stick but he made an important run for the 3rd goal which dragged the defender away and left space for AA to play in Wee Man. Also, for the 5th goal Adams made a delicate pass to put Wee Man in down the left and was then on hand in the middle to finish after a smart chest trap.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rallyboy said:

5-0 and unbeaten in ages, I think I'll just quietly enjoy this moment while it's here...it doesn't happen often, breath it in.

Very much this - even if we don't go up this season you can't fault the players and manager throughout this recent run. Granted there have been games where we have been profligate and hopefully we sign a striker in the window to amend that but 5-0 against what is supposed to be a half decent Championship outfit is something to enjoy, especially at this time of year.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

What was wrong with the traditional handshake  and trot back to the centre circle?

....or  a friendly pat-on-the-back and a " well done sir "  used to enough, but  some of the " goal celebrations "

nowadays might be construed as GBH in other circumstances.... not to mention the  danger of serious injury...

Edited by david in sweden
  • Like 1