Saints 5-0 Swansea - Match Thread

southbourne saint

Adams part of a structure press that results in an unforced error form them.

1) Yet another example of how much better we do that.
2) That Adams and Fraser can do a 2 man press
3) That we are still putting the work in.

AA off for Mara. A quierter game for AA. Partly because of the way we've set up today. But he was dilligently working his socks off all game. Glad to see him get a breather though, with so many fixtures.

1 minute ago, Suhari said:

Wonder what the anti-Russ Swans fans make of this?

Game by game I am becoming more of a fan. I didn't like his early stubbornness but he's shown flexibility and seems to learn from previous matches/situations. I like this. 

Was probably unfair for me to be so critical early on but after all we'd been though it felt we had another pretender as manager.

Hope we can keep improving and learning. We do still sometimes slip back to the needless slow possession that marred his early games. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Adams part of a structure press that results in an unforced error form them.

1) Yet another example of how much better we do that.
2) That Adams and Fraser can do a 2 man press
3) That we are still putting the work in.

AA off for Mara. A quierter game for AA. Partly because of the way we've set up today. But he was dilligently working his socks off all game. Glad to see him get a breather though, with so many fixtures.

Two assists ? 

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Game by game I am becoming more of a fan. I didn't like his early stubbornness but he's shown flexibility and seems to learn from previous matches/situations. I like this. 

Was probably unfair for me to be so critical early on but after all we'd been though it felt we had another pretender as manager.

Hope we can keep improving and learning. We do still sometimes slip back to the needless slow possession that marred his early games. 

Agreed.

Interesting to compare us now to the earlier season stuff.

When we're at our best it is a fantastic thing to watch.

• Like 3

Martin is going to be thrilled at the work rate, that the possession after all the subs has led to dominance and that we're creating chances against a side who just can;t cope with us.

I guess there will be some of him that will also see it as a sign of the progression of his own tactics in a different (and more lucrative) set up.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 5-0 Swansea - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic