Head of Tactical Analysis leaves

manina-pub

Rumour is that Russ wanted him gone. Waters’ analysis repeatedly showed that pissing about at back was costing us far more points than it was gaining, but Russ wants the whole team on board with his philosophy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm amazed the 'head of tactical analysis' lasted 12 years, especially given the last couple of seasons.  Was he on holiday whilst Nathan was spouting bollocks about front footedness and aggression?

It does seem a tad odd that he stayed beyond Hassenhutl's reign. He appears to have been the driving force behind the production of the 'Play Book' that Ralph championed. One would have thought said Play Book would have been consigned to the annals of SFC history the day Ralph left, given we abandoned those tactics thereafter. Or maybe I'm reading too much into stuff, just for a change :)

p.s. that said, you'd have thought a 'tactical analyst' would be able and/or willing to apply their skills to any formula that the incumbent management want to adhere to

Edited by trousers

5 hours ago, Jack said:

Rumour is that Russ wanted him gone. Waters’ analysis repeatedly showed that pissing about at back was costing us far more points than it was gaining, but Russ wants the whole team on board with his philosophy. 

I fucking knew it!

😉

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I'm amazed the 'head of tactical analysis' lasted 12 years, especially given the last couple of seasons.  Was he on holiday whilst Nathan was spouting bollocks about front footedness and aggression?

Note that the article doesn't mention Jones as one of the managers he worked under.

• Like 2

On 09/01/2024 at 08:39, trousers said:

It does seem a tad odd that he stayed beyond Hassenhutl's reign. He appears to have been the driving force behind the production of the 'Play Book' that Ralph championed. One would have thought said Play Book would have been consigned to the annals of SFC history the day Ralph left, given we abandoned those tactics thereafter. Or maybe I'm reading too much into stuff, just for a change :)

p.s. that said, you'd have thought a 'tactical analyst' would be able and/or willing to apply their skills to any formula that the incumbent management want to adhere to

I still find it baffling that the period in which we produced the best players was one without a playbook, Southampton Way, Manifesto blah and where we just employed some excellent coaches who knew what they were doing without the need for a beginners user manual.