80 Minutes

Just now, Miltonaggro said:

77 minutes - one minute applause for Chris nicholl after snub from the club. 

I knew about that and joined in. It's what was going on in the Northam at 80 mins that seemed to take peoples mind off the game.

3 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

I knew about that and joined in. It's what was going on in the Northam at 80 mins that seemed to take peoples mind off the game.

Oh that, two young lads hooked by overzealous stewards. Pissed the crowd off and rightly so. Heavy handed. 

6 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Jobs worth of a female steward stopping two fans from banging on boards and escalated into something from nothing.

Total nonsense and overreaction from that steward. Those guys have been doing it for years.

Seemed to go on for quite some time though....

16 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Seemed to go on for quite some time though....

It seemed common sense prevailed, until sometime after the same steward came back mob handed with police and more stewards.

The official line from the club is that they were standing in a non standing zone. Very poor management from one jobsworth.

2 hours ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

It seemed common sense prevailed, until sometime after the same steward came back mob handed with police and more stewards.

The official line from the club is that they were standing in a non standing zone. Very poor management from one jobsworth.

Non standing zone? Have they installed the safe standing already? 

If so we all knew that there was going to be a clamp down on standing elsewhere. 

Jo Tessem seemed to think the booing etc distracted the players. They must have wondered what the ''you're getting sacked in the morning" and "you don't know what you're doing" chants were about, but even so, I can't see it really bothering them? 

21 minutes ago, Ken Tone said:

Jo Tessem seemed to think the booing etc distracted the players. They must have wondered what the ''you're getting sacked in the morning" and "you don't know what you're doing" chants were about, but even so, I can't see it really bothering them? 

I sit in block 37 so saw it all unfold, and it certainly distracted the fans getting behind the team. 

26 minutes ago, Ken Tone said:

They're top league professional footballers, if they let a little bit of crowd distraction throw them off course and lead them to forget how to defend then they shouldn't be playing football at this level. 

Not sure I buy it, as we had no control of that game in the 2nd half at all - even before all the stand stuff.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

They're top league professional footballers, if they let a little bit of crowd distraction throw them off course and lead them to forget how to defend then they shouldn't be playing football at this level. 

Not sure I buy it, as we had no control of that game in the 2nd half at all - even before all the stand stuff.

I once asked Richard Hall how much the crowd affected the team on the pitch. He said that they were too busy concentrating on the game to really notice it.

When the team most needed our support, the crowd got distracted ( rightly or wrongly). I just wish they'd have that level of passion for the team. Just shows what a noise they away fans will make when they are put in a corner.

• Like 1

The stewards & plod over reacted at the start but the 2 blokes wouldn’t leave it alone. It got ridiculous in the end, particularly the older one who charged down the line. They left plod with no other option but to chuck them out. I hope they enjoyed their 5 mins of fame, and also have something else lined up for Saturday afternoons. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...