Interested Parties in Directors Area Today

Forester

Otts...have a word and make it Thursday can you - have to go to a conference in Oxford on Tuesday and Wednesday... ;)

I was going to suggest Sunday and have a few prayers at the same time with our resident white collar job...That has to be put on the back burner due to Horatio helping the Police with their enquiries regarding a young boys school....What worries me is that this particular leader of our parish went to Public School as well. I am trying to find out which school and wether he knows Charlie Sale of The Daily Mail.:D

Right

Oi! As the official keeper of the Friday is actually Sunday keys I want to point out a few critical points.

1) Too late

I already won the "takeovers were announced on Friday" Competition. I fully understand that today being Sunday, some felt that they could claim the Friday is Sunday prize

2) 5 days

The next step appears to be at least 5 days from the previous step. Anyone who knows somebody who has a friend who is an accountant or a lawyer will fully comprehend that you can only reply to a question 5 days after it has been asked, allowing you to (allegedly) pretend to be working hard on the matter for those 5 days so as to justify the invoice for service that you will issue. As a result, the earliest announcement of a firm selection to move to an official takeover thread will of course be 5 days from Friday which was actually the old Friday not the new Friday Sunday. That will mean that the new Friday will of course now be Wednesday

3) Overtime

It appears to have been approved because the work in hand is urgent, critical and highly public, and required somebody to be paid to go and watch a Football Match. As a result there may have been a need to work over a weekend. The decision now is whether the weekend counts as time and a half or in fact double time. If it is Double time then that will impact the 5 days minimum process, meaning that Wednesday could now become Monday which will of course hereafter be known as Friday in the annals of SFC history. More confusing will be the time and a half issue, in which case Friday could be Tuesday or Wednesday

4) Foreign Bids

of course, if for example we have received a bid from Australia, then they are 8 hours ahead of us, so in fact with double time, the Monday Friday could Morph into a Sunday. Of course, if Tim has pulled his contact list together then the bid could come in from the West Coast of America, in which case, being around 8 hours behind UK, with time and a half, Friday could easily become Thursday

HTH

Right

Oi! As the official keeper of the Friday is actually Sunday keys I want to point out a few critical points.

1) Too late

I already won the "takeovers were announced on Friday" Competition. I fully understand that today being Sunday, some felt that they could claim the Friday is Sunday prize

2) 5 days

The next step appears to be at least 5 days from the previous step. Anyone who knows somebody who has a friend who is an accountant or a lawyer will fully comprehend that you can only reply to a question 5 days after it has been asked, allowing you to (allegedly) pretend to be working hard on the matter for those 5 days so as to justify the invoice for service that you will issue. As a result, the earliest announcement of a firm selection to move to an official takeover thread will of course be 5 days from Friday which was actually the old Friday not the new Friday Sunday. That will mean that the new Friday will of course now be Wednesday

3) Overtime

It appears to have been approved because the work in hand is urgent, critical and highly public, and required somebody to be paid to go and watch a Football Match. As a result there may have been a need to work over a weekend. The decision now is whether the weekend counts as time and a half or in fact double time. If it is Double time then that will impact the 5 days minimum process, meaning that Wednesday could now become Monday which will of course hereafter be known as Friday in the annals of SFC history. More confusing will be the time and a half issue, in which case Friday could be Tuesday or Wednesday

4) Foreign Bids

of course, if for example we have received a bid from Australia, then they are 8 hours ahead of us, so in fact with double time, the Monday Friday could Morph into a Sunday. Of course, if Tim has pulled his contact list together then the bid could come in from the West Coast of America, in which case, being around 8 hours behind UK, with time and a half, Friday could easily become Thursday

HTH

Now don't get me wrong Phil but this is similar to Ruperts letters to prospective investors over the last six months....I was wondering why none followed up their initial enquiry......Me, I understood every word.:---)

Now don't get me wrong Phil but this is similar to Ruperts letters to prospective investors over the last six months....I was wondering why none followed up their initial enquiry......Me, I understood every word.:---)

Excellent, glad you're with the programme, you saw one as well.

Let's do lunch sometime - how's you're diary look for say - a Friday?

:smt083

bit of info given to me today by an employee of SFC

was said to be two Iranian brothers who are said to have assets running at just short of a hundred million. .

These brothers have been mentioned on here previously in one of the many 'takeover' threads.Name has escaped me but no doubt it can be resarched.

Have reviewed this,the name I was thinking of which had appeared on a previous thread was David and Simon Reuben

Leave it to you all as to how they match the description given to the original poster,or the likelihood of it being plausible:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_and_Simon_Reuben

Maybe Craig david could do a new version of of his song just focussing on friday and announcements?

Or we could go for the Kinks lazy Sunday afternoon

mamas and papas -monday monday

Rolling stones -Ruby Tuesday

or we could get the saturdays singing about wednesday's or thursday's

Phil could be right with his Friday conspiracy theory and maybe this friday coming will be a good friday for an announcement

Too much cider tonight just trying to lighten the mood

Let's hope that as Askham is mentioned, this could be the reason why he was in the Directors Box - it BETTER not happen...

Tuesday 3rd April 2007

By Simon Walter »

A butcher's son known as Mr Jersey' is the man behind last week's purchase of £253,000 worth of shares in Saints' parent company.

Tom Scott, a business associate of former Saints director Mike Richards, is believed to have bought 550,000 shares in Southampton Leisure Holdings plc at the end of last week.

Of those, 300,000 were sold by ex-Saints chairman Rupert Lowe's father, Patrick.

As the chairman of Channel Island Traders, the Channel Islands' largest company with a Stock Market value of around £230m, 62-year-old Scott is the most prominent businessman in Jersey with a reputation for ruthlessness.

Scott left school at 15 and is now worth £100m.

He made most of his money through the International Energy Group, which he sold for £200m two years ago.

Intriguingly, former Saints director Richards - a supporter of Lowe's during last summer's takeover battle - was chief executive of IEG.

Former Saints chairman Guy Askham, who also backed Lowe last summer, was a non-executive director of IEG before the Guernsey-based company was taken over by Australian venture capitalists Bab**** and Brown Infrastructure in 2005.

Channel Island Traders has a monopoly on business in Jersey and Guernsey but a statement to the Stock Exchange last Friday revealed that it is the subject of a takeover offer.

If Scott was to relinquish his position as chairman of CI Trading, of which he is believed to own 17 per cent, he would have more time - and money - to focus on a new project . . . potentially Southampton FC.

He has been to St Mary's to see Saints in the past but is not the close friend of Lowe he has been reported to be in the national press.

Alpine,

I believe the new owner of the Club will not have to worry about the Stadium. I'm sure that the stadium will soon be owned by someone else and leased back to the club on a match by match basis.

Good to see Anthony Salz today. Normally when he has previously been in the Directors Box he has dressed reasonably casually, not so today.

He must of had a meeting earlier in the day.

All IMHO

Regards

Morph

Hi Morph,

Will Salz be at the Palace game tomorrow? Casual or smart attire?

Cheers,

Trousers

Hi Morph,

Will Salz be at the Palace game tomorrow? Casual or smart attire?

Cheers,

Trousers

Methinks, that may be more difficult to answer, I'm not talking about the attire. If Morph isn't posting it indicates that confidence in this deal happening is possibly low or maybe the deal has been put on ice.

Edited by derry

I've read the posts, he's not his usual proactive IMHO self, It looks as though there may be doubt about/from his contacts.

The separating the stadium from the business is linked to more than one possible buyer. However I would have thought the real attraction of SLH is the knockdown stadium price, together with the other property, giving real value if there are no debts.

Leasing the stadium in perpetuity isn't the best deal but would appeal to people who can't raise sufficient funds. Not the best deal unless it's the only deal.

I've read the posts, he's not his usual proactive IMHO self, It looks as though there may be doubt about/from his contacts.

The separating the stadium from the business is linked to more than one possible buyer. However I would have thought the real attraction of SLH is the knockdown stadium price, together with the other property, giving real value if there are no debts.

Leasing the stadium in perpetuity isn't the best deal but would appeal to people who can't raise sufficient funds. Not the best deal unless it's the only deal.

May be because he is another attention seeking poster, who claims to be ITK but doesn't actually post anything of substance, whatsoever?

If he knows anything of any prospective consortium then should he be posting on a public forum? If he chooses to, then should what is posted be treated with a certain degree of suspicion (we all know certain posters love to smell out a PR plant)?

Again, if he does, and they appear to want the lease SMS on matchdays, does that highlight a limitation on not just their ambition but their resources?

I think it is best to treat such posts with "suspicion"