Interested Parties in Directors Area Today

Forester

Administrator on radio said he has been pleased with interest so far

There is a danger of time wasters due to the interest in owning a football club so at early stage and before any discussions he is insisting interested parties prove their funds and intentions.

Lowe has told him he will not be party to any consortium.

Crouch and LMc not involved in any of the interested parties.

Which is NOT the same as saying he's not interested in coming back is it ?

Been there before ..... he said he wouldn't be back last time .......

I do not believe a single word the man speaks, and neither should anyone else IMHO

Do you get text alerts for when I post ?

Why should Crouch in particular swan around St Marys yesterday as though he was some sort of conquering hero when he was responsible for most of our irresponsible borrowing ? I was half expecting the Chairman of Barclays Bank to follow Leon with a resounding fan-pandering speech about getting behind Saints as well. "post all cheques to Barclays PLC yadda yadda yadda".

From what I have heard, Crouch & Richards donated a sum of cash to assist the club in running... (besides making the appeal)

This may well have helped the Administrators in the short term, in so far that LC is "seen to be" a man of his word, has stood up and been counted and could be seen as a trusted advisor.

Fair play to him in many ways, we needed help.

But at the same time, hardly any admin period of late has appeared to go "cleanly" and I am concerned that the boardroom yesterday seemed to have many of the old hangers on in it. Wonder who invited Askham in there but forgot to get the Corbetts' a ticket?

Fair play if this is all an LC & Salz tactic to buy SFC Ltd for a pound and rent everything - that would be great news for many fans, but somehow somewhere people could also be picking up the stadium, Jacksons farm and Staplewood for a pound, and as none of the bidders are likely to have the 50 mil or so we'd need to push on into the realms of stability in the PL and we gave away the long term family silver, will it really be in OUR long term interests?

Being born an optimistic sceptic the next few days could be interesting but I really hope we don't get another "now you see it now you don't magic trick" that LC pulled before when he "forgot" to get rid of Rupert

From what I have heard, Crouch & Richards donated a sum of cash to assist the club in running... (besides making the appeal)

This may well have helped the Administrators in the short term, in so far that LC is "seen to be" a man of his word, has stood up and been counted and could be seen as a trusted advisor.

Fair play to him in many ways, we needed help.

But at the same time, hardly any admin period of late has appeared to go "cleanly" and I am concerned that the boardroom yesterday seemed to have many of the old hangers on in it. Wonder who invited Askham in there but forgot to get the Corbetts' a ticket?

Fair play if this is all an LC & Salz tactic to buy SFC Ltd for a pound and rent everything - that would be great news for many fans, but somehow somewhere people could also be picking up the stadium, Jacksons farm and Staplewood for a pound, and as none of the bidders are likely to have the 50 mil or so we'd need to push on into the realms of stability in the PL and we gave away the long term family silver, will it really be in OUR long term interests?

Being born an optimistic sceptic the next few days could be interesting but I really hope we don't get another "now you see it now you don't magic trick" that LC pulled before when he "forgot" to get rid of Rupert

Phil, I thought there might have been people in arab dress/or middle east people in suits in the directors box today. Would have thought this situation especially the assets at a knockdown price would appeal. Or have I got that wrong. Your our man in the UAE, what's your reading of that situation.

Couldnt see John Motson in the photo. Was looking out for his trademark sheepskin coat. There is someone who has an uncanny likeness to Paul Allen but then I have had two bottles of decent wine but not the expensive Chablis that Help me Rhonda spoke about

Can't see him either, but saw him before the game walk past me in a shocking suit with his sheepskin draped over his arm. For sure he was there, it was really a bit hot for a sheepskin I think, I'm suffering from a sore forehead this morning, serves me right for leaving my hat in the car :)

I thought both speeches were nauseating. Lawrie collecting £300,000 a year for shaking hands and Crouch for racking up our debts.A complete **** take IMO.

Oh God, someone who actually believs what Lowe said. It was WILDE that was responsible for racking up the debts, the same ****er who brought Lowe back in. Thats why Lowe keeps trying to point the finger at Crouch, because it is totally barmy that Wilde became Lowe's king maker. The two guys are barking. If you were at the game yesterday they you will have realised that 25k plus were very much in favour of Crouch and Lawrie being involved. I may not like Crouch much personally but unlike Wilde and Lowe he at least has a heart and it is very much in the right place.

When Lowe was ousted previously, I said on here that as long as he had One share, he would be back to haunt us........ I got slated for my trouble

Well, he did come back, to our cost, as we now all know

But, I say again, as long as he still possesses One share, no-one can say he has gone 100%

HE AINT GONE ........... JUST LICKING HIS WOUNDS

He no longer has 1 share though. Just like me, his shares are now worthless and though they may exist on paper they no longer count for anything. That is the difference now.

Lowe still forever spouting rubbish through his press luvvies or his fellow failed business groupies.

Still blaming everyone else...The man is a total loser.

Yes YOU Lowe Mob let us all move on..New Investors are here and we will have some REAL football people running the club...GOODBYE forever Rupert..Onwards and Upwards.....Eventually.

Ottery St Mary states "Yes YOU Lowe Mob let us all move on"

Its you that needs to move on Ottery

you and you pals seem to keep regurgitating the lowe ****e not the lowe luvvies

Have you forgotten he left the club a few days ago

Get over yourself and look to the future

Ps what ever is in the press is days old. They need to fine stories to fill their papers

bit of info given to me today by an employee of SFC

Administrators had two meetings on saturday morning, one is widely known as the consortium led by Andrew Salz, the second i havnt seen mentioned anywhere but was said to be two Iranian brothers who are said to have assets running at just short of a hundred million. I was told there money is in shops and buildings but they are serious contenders at this time.

Also mentioned the possability of the club being unable to pay staff this months wages

Oh God, someone who actually believs what Lowe said. It was WILDE that was responsible for racking up the debts, the same ****er who brought Lowe back in. Thats why Lowe keeps trying to point the finger at Crouch, because it is totally barmy that Wilde became Lowe's king maker. The two guys are barking. If you were at the game yesterday they you will have realised that 25k plus were very much in favour of Crouch and Lawrie being involved. I may not like Crouch much personally but unlike Wilde and Lowe he at least has a heart and it is very much in the right place.

Mate I was there yesterday and I doubt very much whether the fans were clapping the speeches as they drowned them out ! Some bloke next to me didnt know who Crouch was a told his mate that he was probably a new buyer involved in a consortium with McMoneybags lol !

Without getting into the whys and wherefors could you please explain how LC was responsible ? He was only Chairman for what ? 6 months last season by which time all the money had been spent.

Is it not more accurate to blame Mr Wilde and the Exec's he bought in ?

Mate I was there yesterday and I doubt very much whether the fans were clapping the speeches as they drowned them out ! Some bloke next to me didnt know who Crouch was a told his mate that he was probably a new buyer involved in a consortium with McMoneybags lol !

Just like with my question I see you have totally ignored two thirds of vectis' post !!

That's true Nick but what about the "Leon & Lawrie" comedy routine before the match. They have no official status either so why were they not thrown off the pitch as you or I or any other member of Joe Public would have been? The trouble id they have big mouths and just can't keep them shut even when only hot air spills forth.

Maybe because unlike you and me, one of them won the FA Cup the other has already poured money into Saints and seems able/ willing to pour more in.

Maybe because unlike you and me, one of them won the FA Cup the other has already poured money into Saints and seems able/ willing to pour more in.

Well said sir......but why let facts get in the way of a little slagging.

If nobody had said a bloody word before yesterdays match you can be sure some would have been on here saying "where is the rallying cry" or "dont the club appreciate the mess we are in" etc etc

Incredibel - dammed if you do, dammed if you dont.

Administrators had two meetings on saturday morning, one is widely known as the consortium led by Andrew Salz, the second i havnt seen mentioned anywhere but was said to be two Iranian brothers who are said to have assets running at just short of a hundred million. I was told there money is in shops and buildings but they are serious contenders at this time.

Also mentioned the possability of the club being unable to pay staff this months wages

"St Fatima's Stadium", anyone...

Mate I was there yesterday and I doubt very much whether the fans were clapping the speeches as they drowned them out !

You must have been in some parallel stadium, because the overwhelming majority of people in the stadium did indeed applaud at the end of Lawrie's speech.

You may not like him, you may have valid reasons for that and there may indeed be others who do not like him, but the facts are that yesterday his speech received a very warm round of applause at the end (and even in the middle as well).

Trying to pretend otherwise akes you look an even bigger fool.

Everyone clapped the speeches you plonker! And what great speeches they were from two people who love the club .

You must have been in some parallel stadium, because the overwhelming majority of people in the stadium did indeed applaud at the end of Lawrie's speech.

You may not like him, you may have valid reasons for that and there may indeed be others who do not like him, but the facts are that yesterday his speech received a very warm round of applause at the end (and even in the middle as well).

Yeah but dont let the facts get in the way when you are as bitter as moanji is Um !!!

Let's hope it is not these guys.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/investing-and-markets/article.html?in_article_id=480189&in_page_id=3

My personal opinion of course.

Regards

Morph

These brothers have been mentioned on here previously in one of the many 'takeover' threads.Name has escaped me but no doubt it can be resarched.

Manji, in that case you must be somewhat hard of hearing. I was there yesterday and the applause was loud and clear after Crouch's speech, before Lawrie got started and afterwards. Lawrie's speech itself was drowned out by the Charlton fans chanting, so I have no idea what he said, but it left me in no doubt of the affection these two are held in at St Marys, which is what counts. Unfortunately there are a small minority on here who think otherwise, but fortunately that doesn't count for much in the real world outside of cyber space. I am actually quite pleased you found someone who doesn't know who Crouch was, thats how it should be with FC Chairmen, not like the loathed smug git who we have finally now got shot off, who was on a personal glory trip.

Edited by VectisSaint

The Northam where I was were singing thru both speeches.

You may have the dim-witted populist vote on here but that doesnt make you right either.

You may have the dim-witted populist vote on here but that doesnt make you right either.

head in sand

fact is crouch and lawrie are liked by us dim wits , and rupert and askham are not

head in sand

fact is crouch and lawrie are liked by us dim wits , and rupert and askham are not

Just ignore post by nutters like Manjy as his group are all hurting

at the departure of their hero and just spitefully lashing out

as they have nothing left now.

Just ignore post by nutters like Manjy as his group are all hurting

at the departure of their hero and just spitefully lashing out

as they have nothing left now.

Not at all. I am looking forward to a Gavyn Davies/David Frost consortium.

See Ponty...This Ra Ra girl is allowed to call names like some Old Radley Schoolboy...but my little bit of fun is wearing thin for you Lowey Groupies...

There is definitely a little nastiness coming from this Pom Pom Harlem Globetrotter wannabe shake my boss, Rupes little butt.

Before you know it she will be lashing out with her hockey stick or is it a laqurosse stick...Grow up Mungi:D

I sit in the Kingsland on the halfway line and all I heard was applause for both Crouch and McMenemy. It certainly wasn`t drowned out by any singing from the Northam. Perhaps because they were all singing, they didn`t hear the reception that these two got.:confused:

I sit in the Kingsland on the halfway line and all I heard was applause for both Crouch and McMenemy. It certainly wasn`t drowned out by any singing from the Northam. Perhaps because they were all singing, they didn`t hear the reception that these two got.:confused:

And I was sat Itchen Centre and there is no way Manji can claim "I doubt very much whether the fans were clapping the speeches" because as you say Lawrie's speech was met by almost universal support, clapping and the odd huzzah!!!!!

We may indeed all be lemmings, but to suggest it never happened just makes you come across as a right tw1t.

I just don't understand the need to make yourself look stupid by trying to twist something tht 28,000 people saw and heard first hand.

TBH no one is interested in what you have to say either...jog on

Is that so? Fair enough. Whatever. You speak for everyone do you?

TBH, I couldn't here what they were saying.

Can you please tell me why Crouch is so great? Really, I'd like to know.

Cheers.

Cheers.

He's not great, but he is a fan, he does admit to his mistakes and he is a hell of a lot better and cares more about the club and the supporters of SFC than Lowe and Wilde.

Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman viewpost.gif

That's true Nick but what about the "Leon & Lawrie" comedy routine before the match. They have no official status either so why were they not thrown off the pitch as you or I or any other member of Joe Public would have been? The trouble id they have big mouths and just can't keep them shut even when only hot air spills forth.

I did offer to match Lawries contribution, but he was not sure there was enough in the pot for the pair of us:D

Cheers.

Crouch is not "great" as you put it but he is a real fan who tries his best for the Saints.It is not that long ago that he offered the club £2million if Lowe & Wilde matched it. Had Lowe & Wilde done this the club would not now be in administration. Lowe said in the papers today that he "loved the club". Obviously he didn't love it enough to invest,( Despite Milking The Club For Over 10 years), alongside Crouch and save the club from this awful situation.

I know that all shareholders have now lost there stake in the club and Crouch has lost more than most , Certainly a lot more than Lowe. But still Crouch is prepared to get involved and invest more of his own money, Why ? , Because he is a real supporter of Southampton Football Club. Respect to the man.

Everyone clapped the speeches you plonker! And what great speeches they were from two people who love the club .

I arrived in itchen as Crouch was making his speech - heard on radio it was imminent and rushed in as thought atmosphere would be building.

It was in the screens as I went through the concourse - which was still full and most were ignoring it, more interested in their beer.

Even as I got to my seat I was surprised at the lack of interest - bit of apathy. More interest in LMc's but again thought it was have more of a reaction. Was surprised - not always LC's biggest fan but I certainly was interested in his rallying call.

I arrived in itchen as Crouch was making his speech - heard on radio it was imminent and rushed in as thought atmosphere would be building.

It was in the screens as I went through the concourse - which was still full and most were ignoring it, more interested in their beer.

Even as I got to my seat I was surprised at the lack of interest - bit of apathy. More interest in LMc's but again thought it was have more of a reaction. Was surprised - not always LC's biggest fan but I certainly was interested in his rallying call.

Spoken to my sister and told her of your statement and she asked me to enquire whether you actually attended the game.:rolleyes:

Just to clarify, until the terms of administration are worked out, I believe the shareholders have not technically "lost" their shareholdings at all. Being "equity" owners, their claims on the liquidation fall below every class of debt, but in terms of the company ownership, it is still theirs.

Spoken to my sister and told her of your statement and she asked me to enquire whether you actually attended the game.:rolleyes:

I know she can't ask me my movements directly due to the injunction but she knows where I am on Saturday afternoons when we are home.

I know she can't ask me my movements directly due to the injunction but she knows where I am on Saturday afternoons when we are home.

Sorry nick...She has tried very hard but does not recall you being in attendance...I did say he is probably in Gloucestershire or even in the Directors box with Mr Fry in an attempt to bring Rupert back....Third time lucky and all that.:rolleyes:

Off to get my medication nick...Keep trying old boy:smt017