Did Stern John have a strop as he left pitch?

NickG

Maybe unhappy about the signing of Pekhart? More competition for a place he already hasn't got. JP alluded to some people being disappointed by the extra competition in his post-match interview. Unless he changes his game I can't see Stern getting too many starts ahead of DMG and TP this year. Could be the end for him?

what a ridiculous statement.

and (knowing you) : pleeeease dont ask why...that`s just the way it is.

Get behind the Jaffa Cake metaphor FFS!

Anway, John has scored 5 goals for Saints when Saga wasn't on the pitch. I wont bicker about it, but I have a feeling he will be the wrong side of 10 this season.

sit fairly close to bench and as mgt team shook hands with all players coming off it looked like John refused and walked off in huff -did anyone else notice?

During the Birmingham league match he was arguing with Poortvliet from the pitch, and did not appear to want to do as he was told.

Obviously he has got the hump because of all the changes but to be honest at times he looks lazier than Raziak.

He should do well to remember that he was almost on the scrap heap before he came to Saints and had his playing career partially rejuvenated.

Another prima donna. If he doesn't like it, he knows where the door is.

During the Birmingham league match he was arguing with Poortvliet from the pitch, and did not appear to want to do as he was told.

Obviously he has got the hump because of all the changes but to be honest at times he looks lazier than Raziak.

He should do well to remember that he was almost on the scrap heap before he came to Saints and had his playing career partially rejuvenated.

Another prima donna. If he doesn't like it, he knows where the door is.

ermm..he was in and out of a prem team and some of his goal talluy last season are from the prem..

Get behind the Jaffa Cake metaphor FFS!

Anway, John has scored 5 goals for Saints when Saga wasn't on the pitch. I wont bicker about it, but I have a feeling he will be the wrong side of 10 this season.

What was his goals per game with Saga and without? I can't be ehrsed to look it up but it would probably be the more enlightening stat...

Small gestures like the one JP made are important. It's a team game and not only did he want to include everybody, he noticed who he hadn't shook hands with. Detail can be important, it's not just the big picture. A small but good sign.

Agree with you.JP certainly seems good in the management of his squad.

It was this style of "management" that many complimented Mourinho on as NickG points out,and also calling back McGoldrick shows a great discipline in emphasising to the player who is actually in charge.Had this been seen of Clough then it would be deemed a masterstroke in man management.

It could be argued that it is easier to 'manage' the younger players as the seniors earning their mega-salaries develop an arrogance that prevents anyone telling them anything (as Merrington found out), but for working with our current squad JP appears to be ideal.

He played one Prem game, against Brum. Came on after 58 minutes, and scored in a 2-2 draw.

Ok ok, but still. Its not like his stats were harmed by that one match in the PL. The fact remains he had not been very prolific in the seasons before he came here and came close to being 1:2. His previous record in the UK (and mostly in the CCC) puts him below 1:3.

What was his goals per game with Saga and without? I can't be ehrsed to look it up but it would probably be the more enlightening stat...

I don't know about per game, but he scored 14 goals when Saga was on the pitch and 5 when he wasn't. Given that Saga only started 15 games, I think there is a strong link there somewhere.