Were Lowe & Wilde at tonights game?

Totton Red

So to summarise....

MW was in attendance (along with Cowen)

RL is still on holiday in Canada, hence not there

Alpine was sat at his computer, sniping.

I dont think Alpine will be invited into the Directors Box in the near future

As the originator of the "Wilde and Lowe not there" threads last night I should like to offer an apology to you and all the other posters on this forum who were consequently mislead. My information came from a friend at the match who spoke to some Exeter officials/stewards, who it seems were under the impression neither Chairmen were at the match.

If I was Chairmen of Southampton FC I would attend as many matches as humanly possible because I would feel it an honour and indeed a duty. I would like to think yourself and Rupert feel the same.

Again, my apologies for any distress caused.

Having the decency to apologise is always a good trait in a prsons character.Of course as Im always correct Ive never had to do so.

i hope MW has the humility to accept the jesture.

I dont think Alpine will be invited into the Directors Box in the near future

Did you mispell that? did you mean the Dairy Box while hes watching footy on the tv.

To be fair Alps has promised to travel to the Blackpool game ,as he said if we get any good results in the first few games he'd come to SMS for that game.

Did you mispell that? did you mean the Dairy Box while hes watching footy on the tv.

To be fair Alps has promised to travel to the Blackpool game ,as he said if we get any good results in the first few games he'd come to SMS for that game.

No, I said I'd come if we beat Cardiff.

And cut out the baiting.

'If they get a result in the next week, I will drive from Austria for the Blackpool game' YOUR QUOTE NOT MINE.look under the Kelvin Rasiak to be sold thread.

That quote was a repetition of what I said on the "What will you do if we win at Cardiff" thread, when others were going on about masturbation.l

And beating Exeter is a reasonable result, not a great one.

I will come if we beat Birmingham - I'll extend my commitmment.

I understood what you meant, alpine. Basically you'll only consider going to Saints games that immediately follow a win...

Hardcore....

If you mean I am not going to spend several hundred pounds to return without confidence that I am going to watch a decent performance and a result, then yes, you are right.

No Diretors Box just having a laugh I quite like the Sound of Alpine he cerainly puts in his quota of posts.

That quote was a repetition of what I said on the "What will you do if we win at Cardiff" thread, when others were going on about masturbation.l

And beating Exeter is a reasonable result, not a great one.

I will come if we beat Birmingham - I'll extend my commitmment.

Look Alpine Im just putting up what you put. 'If we get a result this week' Sorry if I misunderstood your quote and didnt expect any proviso's. As this is the case I do not expect you to pull apart any of the clubs quotes in future because they also should be allowed unwritten provisos.

i wouldnt expect you to travel that far for many games anyway. I do hope we beat Birmingham and you do as you say, but I have a sneaking feeling, although I may be a silly old cynic that you are coming to England at the time of the Blackpool game anyway.

Edited by OldNick

Finally caught up ith this thread, made me smile, nice own goals there.

So Mike is only allowed a limited amount of days in the UK a year.

You conspiracy theorists really missed the obvious question though didn't you. Great sleight of hand and you missed it.

So Mike used up a whole day of allowance on an important but not critical football match, losing a valuable day at work.

Or did he fit in some important meetings during the day?

And no I'm sure he did what any of us would have done - some work and some pleasure -as I think the current rash of speculation is driven by reasons other than a takeover being near. But I'm amazed our detectives haven't tracked down whether it was a Jersey-Exeter return or something....... more sinister

Ironic winky eyed smiley thingy

Finally caught up ith this thread, made me smile, nice own goals there.

So Mike is only allowed a limited amount of days in the UK a year.

You conspiracy theorists really missed the obvious question though didn't you. Great sleight of hand and you missed it.

So Mike used up a whole day of allowance on an important but not critical football match, losing a valuable day at work.

Or did he fit in some important meetings during the day?

And no I'm sure he did what any of us would have done - some work and some pleasure -as I think the current rash of speculation is driven by reasons other than a takeover being near. But I'm amazed our detectives haven't tracked down whether it was a Jersey-Exeter return or something....... more sinister

Ironic winky eyed smiley thingy

I was obviously thinking the same thing all along...just wanted to see how long it took everyone else to catch up.....;)

So....tonight's question of intrigue is....Why (oh why) was Mike Wilde attending a meaningless game?

Nice one

I was obviously thinking the same thing all along...just wanted to see how long it took everyone else to catch up.....;)

So....tonight's question of intrigue is....Why (oh why) was Mike Wilde attending a meaningless game?

Nice one

Maybe he snuck aboard the flight incognito...

smythe_disguise.jpg

As the originator of the "Wilde and Lowe not there" threads last night I should like to offer an apology to you and all the other posters on this forum who were consequently mislead. My information came from a friend at the match who spoke to some Exeter officials/stewards, who it seems were under the impression neither Chairmen were at the match.

If I was Chairmen of Southampton FC I would attend as many matches as humanly possible because I would feel it an honour and indeed a duty. I would like to think yourself and Rupert feel the same.

Again, my apologies for any distress caused.

Tiger - no problem and no distress caused! and you are right - it is an honour! I hope you and everyone on the Forum enjoy the season - which I am sure will come with its fair share of highs and lows!! The squad and coaching staff are up for it and they deserve the full support of all Saints fans - wherever or whoever they may be.

Cheers

As Jan stated that the team would remain unchanged to a certain degree, it was a massively important game in respect of the unit performing? A win would be collectively essential to take forward to the imposing game on Saturday. I'm sure that those in power understood the significance of a first win against half decent opponents this season. Was the whole club united?

Lord Lowe is at the helm of one of the world's most dynamic investment banking companies, i.e. he has many interests and is a busy man. His presence in the stadium holds no sway whatsoever on the result.

Tiger - no problem and no distress caused! and you are right - it is an honour! I hope you and everyone on the Forum enjoy the season - which I am sure will come with its fair share of highs and lows!! The squad and coaching staff are up for it and they deserve the full support of all Saints fans - wherever or whoever they may be.

Cheers

Good stuff! :)

Cheers

How is it that you managed to get to this game but not to the fans forum?

Well done for going to the game Michael Wilde - would you like a medal?

That's a touch unfair. He wasn't here bragging about going, he was here to correct the impression being given that he wasn't there when he should've been.

Hey lets give it a rest.The man has come on and straightened out the mistruth.

It's not the Spanish inquisition, and nobody would expect that would they?

I was generally interested in why he wasn't there. I was pretty disappointed TBH. I was hoping to say hello after he wished me a Merry Christmas last year :)

Did you? Not provoking but a fair question considering your post.

No and neither will i be putting a single penny into the coffers of SLH until Lowe and Wilde have gone.

Does this mean Micheal Wilde will now be answering questions? I'll start the ball rolling.

1. Did you ever have any intention of having a fan on board or was it just convenient to dangle this carrot for PR purposes?

That's a touch unfair. He wasn't here bragging about going, he was here to correct the impression being given that he wasn't there when he should've been.

Aye, but after Dubai Phil's reverse psychology poser earlier, we're now intrigued as to whether he was over here killing two birds with one stone as it were and just happenned to be able to make the game as a side effect of 'other more important SFC related business'.....

Yours proud-to-be-fickle-ly

Trousers

No and neither will i be putting a single penny into the coffers of SLH until Lowe and Wilde have gone.

Does this mean Micheal Wilde will now be answering questions? I'll start the ball rolling.

1. Did you ever have any intention of having a fan on board or was it just convenient to dangle this carrot for PR purposes?

Right, so why worry if Wilde is at the game?

As for the fan on board, what good would that do.If he did would you still have made the same stance?

To be fair, if all he gets is a "why didn't you go to the fan's forum?", I imagine he'll be pretty happy.
Thats why you dont need a fan on the board.

First board meeting

'Right we are just going to decide on the finances for the coming year, the appointment of a manager and sponsorship of the Acadamy'

Fan on board's arm shoots up.

'Yes Fan on the board'

'Why didnt you go to the Forum?'

My question:

"Would the chairman of a football club start overtly posting on a fans forum only if he knew that he wasn't going to be at the helm much longer?"

Genuine question. Cheers

we complain that the club say nothing but then when they do they get suspision.They are damned if they do and all that

Only if the same questions were asked every week to take into account Michael changing his mind.

Seriously though, if questions were asked sensibly and obviously he could choose whether to answer it or not, I think it would be a great idea. Seeing as he is posting under his real name now I can't see any harm. Michael is deeply unpopular with a large section of the fanbase, would be a good opportunity to set the record straight on some issues (as he has done here) and maybe improve his relationsips with some people.