A few spots and pee'ing blood - medical advice?

hamster

i was supposed to meet a mate today and the reason we didn't is becuase he is staying in. He pee'd a little bit of blood yesterday but none since. He has a few small red but dry spots on various parts of his body nut they don;t itch and there are only about 10 of them.

I told him to see his GP tomorrow morning, advice he is taking.

Did I right or should the lazy git have gone to work and visited NHS Direct when he gets home in the evening.

He comes into regular contact with other people but always wears gloves.

my brother had Hepatitis many years ago (the non life threatening one).red spots was a symptom of that...if he's peed blood it could be a urinary infection or perhaps a liver problem....either way a trip to the docs is ESSENTIAL and tell him to take a "sample" with him, just in case the doc can do a "dip test" there and then...

he's seeing the doc this morning, i didn;t tell him what it might (according to SWF Private Health Ltd.) be but he's consulted doctor Google and is hoping it's two different ailments; overzealous exercising for the blood and an allergic reaction with the spots, which he described this morning as looking like measles but not as 'angry'.

I mentioned the STD theory and he said he hasn't even looked at a women in that way let alone touch one for ages, which I hope clarifies that it IS NOT ME.

Sounds like you've got a dose to me, you need to have a word with your bird (or bloke) and find out who has been filling their slot as well.

do you recognise the symptons? Do they still use one of those little devices like a co_cktail umbrella for certain conditions, Ouch.

Internet Forum is not the place to get Medical advice. Your man needs to get himself straight down the quacks and not to listen to "Know it alls!" Dont **** around with your health mate and dont expect some 16year old zit faced **** to have the same symptoms! (we are all different!)

do you recognise the symptons? Do they still use one of those little devices like a co_cktail umbrella for certain conditions, Ouch.

Oh god. yes... yes they do.

No they don't, it's all pee in the pot and you even get the results via SMS these days, kinda. Negative and they tell ya, positive and they ask you to 'contact them'

No they don't, it's all pee in the pot and you even get the results via SMS these days, kinda. Negative and they tell ya, positive and they ask you to 'contact them'

I can confirm this....they get you to pee in a pot and do a swab test, take you blood and ask you loads of QQQs....they can give you an initial result there and then but you get the ACTUAL result by text.....if you get a voicemail saying "please contact us"...start worrying and reading up on the AIDS.

I may be wrong but it sounds like chlamydia. And yes, expect you have one of those cock umbrella stuck down your japs eye. If only she'd get her legs closed it'd saved a whole world of trouble for you.

Sounds a little like my daughter.

She developed a rash the other day - small spots, dry, not itching - mainly on her limbs but not on torso.

Been to docs - twice today! - and they say it is most likely some non specific rash associated with a virus. Causing a fever, around 38.5 to 39 degrees C, easily controlled with Paracetamol. However it is now causing her joint pain in ankles and arms.

As others have already done, would suggest a visit to the docs is in order, but there are a lot of viruses about at the moment, which is the more likely culprit. We can probably rule out STDs for our 6 year old!

i was supposed to meet a mate today and the reason we didn't is becuase he is staying in. He pee'd a little bit of blood yesterday but none since. He has a few small red but dry spots on various parts of his body nut they don;t itch and there are only about 10 of them.

I told him to see his GP tomorrow morning, advice he is taking.

Did I right or should the lazy git have gone to work and visited NHS Direct when he gets home in the evening.

He comes into regular contact with other people but always wears gloves.

good advice and you should always get it checked out, i had some small blood in my pee but docterdid tests and said it was nothing to worry about and to drink alot more water which helped.

Doc say's he has nothing to worry about, some cream for the spots and sent him for blood tests and an appointment at renal unit (whatever that is) to be on the safe side. Talking of being on the safe side, I told him I'm washing my hair for the next two weeks or until the results come through, whichever is the longer.

Those thinking that the patient is/was me all the time...lol...I haven't had a days sick leave for over 2 years, I think I am immune to mosrt things apart from nosebleeds and I haven't even had one of those since about November.

I had similar symptoms but it turned out I'd been dripping on myself when I was eating a jar of pickled beetroot in the nude. It turned my wee red too.

Hope your mate is ok, hamster. Make sure he gets himself checked out soon to put his mind at rest.

Constant nose bleeds are not normal, could be the start of something serious so Hamster I think

that YOU should also go and see YOUR Doctor.

I know sip. Had electronic cauterising two years ago and it improved but the consultant spotted a messed up blood vessel which was probably from a punch. Thinking back I recalled my first ever proper fight at junior school which resulted in a very messy nosebleed. Every scrap after that resulted in nosebleeds.

I used to take daily aspirin due to family history of heart probs but the blood thinning resulted in nosebleeds taking my morning shower (I like them hot) so I stopped taking them - aspirin not showers.

Back to my friend, he has an ultrasound appointment and another for something called a flexible cystoscopy. He reckons they took about a quarter pint of blood on Thursday!

Edited by hamster

Its a camera up your penis: they will check out inside the bladder for any problems. Pray for warm hands.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Cystoscopy/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Noone will be putting anything either nor down MY penis.

htfh

And of course I have seen his penis, we go back a long way. Nothing out of the ordinary, your average eight inches (flaccid). As for a photo, if I knew how to edit deppo's arse out of it I would put one up for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Not good news I am afraid. Penis-cam found a tumour, he's having surgery in a few weeks time, then a short wait for results of type of cancer diagnosis.

At least it wasn't an STD as that could have been a tad embarrassing for him on many levels.

Btw, contributors (above) can be warmed by the fact ALL comments were well received and probably helped in convincing him to get down to the quacks.

No news on the spots though!

Not good news I am afraid. Penis-cam found a tumour, he's having surgery in a few weeks time, then a short wait for results of type of cancer diagnosis.

At least it wasn't an STD as that could have been a tad embarrassing for him on many levels.

Btw, contributors (above) can be warmed by the fact ALL comments were well received and probably helped in convincing him to get down to the quacks.

No news on the spots though!

So, when will the photos be on flickr?