Wonders of the solar system

hypochondriac

What an absolutely superb series. I loved the one last year and it started again on Sunday. IMO the best thing on TV and really makes you think about life and the scale of time and space. The best thing I have watched on TV in years. When people question the value of the license fee, they should watch this program. Fantastic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zdhtg

What an absolutely superb series. I loved the one last year and it started again on Sunday. IMO the best thing on TV and really makes you think about life and the scale of time and space. The best thing I have watched on TV in years. When people question the value of the license fee, they should watch this program. Fantastic.

Most of your posts have the same effect on me.

I've been saying for years that you human beings are a miniscule speck of insignificance in the universal scheme of things.

Good to see Mr Cox reinforcing this fact on your television sets last night.

Now perhaps you'll all stop taking life so bloomin' seriously all the time.

FFS.

All in the eye of the beholder, of course, but I can think of at least a dozen things better on TV right now. Most of it American.

The infraction was real. A serious thread, in The Lounge, with a comment that would have likely kicked off the usual slanging match on here.

If you look at the renewal thread in site suggestions there was an idea to make infractions public. As a test I published the next I gave. Going forward I won't bother as everyone then spends the rest of the thread debating the validity of the infraction.

In answer to your question Dune, I took all the previous 6646 crimes into account.

The infraction was real. A serious thread, in The Lounge, with a comment that would have likely kicked off the usual slanging match on here.

If you look at the renewal thread in site suggestions there was an idea to make infractions public. As a test I published the next I gave. Going forward I won't bother as everyone then spends the rest of the thread debating the validity of the infraction.

In answer to your question Dune, I took all the previous 6646 crimes into account.

Unfortunately, the simple fact is it was your post rather than Deppo's that took this thread off topic. There is a serious argument to be made for making infractions public, but why do it here?

A great programme, great presenter, fantastic knowledge sharing.....so what the **** do I get for my licence fee?

All in the eye of the beholder, of course, but I can think of at least a dozen things better on TV right now. Most of it American.

I like a load of American shows (The Walking Dead, Sopranos, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire etc) but IMO this documentary is when TV really adds something to your life and educates me about something which previously I knew very little about. It's fascinating viewing and I can't think of anything (certainly not British) which comes close in terms of documentaries.

TBF, I think Wildlife/Natural World documentaries can trump it due to some of the incredible camera work, ingenuity and endeavour required. No CGI there! I'm also puzzled as to why nearly every shot had to feature Cox. Less Cox, more rocks please.

TBF, I think Wildlife/Natural World documentaries can trump it due to some of the incredible camera work, ingenuity and endeavour required. No CGI there! I'm also puzzled as to why nearly every shot had to feature Cox. Less Cox, more rocks please.

I suppose I just don't find them as incredible. Just the sheer scale of the time and size involved makes my head hurt. The pictures of space are my favourite bit. That photo which is the the farthest picture taken of earth is just incredible. The technology involved that something from millions of miles away can take a photo and transmit it back to Earth is astonishing. And the idea that our ancestors should they survive a billion years would be huddling round a red dwarf for warmth when all the other lights have gone out I found a fascinating concept.

I like a load of American shows (The Walking Dead, Sopranos, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire etc) but IMO this documentary is when TV really adds something to your life and educates me about something which previously I knew very little about. It's fascinating viewing and I can't think of anything (certainly not British) which comes close in terms of documentaries.

Can't agree more Hypo, when it comes to documentaries or other programmes such as Horizon I don't think the Americans can touch us. The science and nature wings of the BBC are world class no doubt about it.