Schneiderlin Interview

Saint Charlie

Great interview, I'm not entirely sure of what "Wanyama is not safe for shopping" means though :lol:

Thing that shone through? Morgan absolutely looooooooves Poch.

It says that Wanyama doesn't have the engine to make runs actually. Reading it in French you get the idea that Morgan isn't totally enamoured of playing with Victor, by far prefers Cork.

It says that Wanyama doesn't have the engine to make runs actually. Reading it in French you get the idea that Morgan isn't totally enamoured of playing with Victor, by far prefers Cork.

Who can blame him. Cork is a much better player. Wanyama gives you a physical presence which is helpful against the big clubs, particularly away from home, but Cork is a much better all round player

You could actually see that in his play early in the season. I don't think he thoroughly trusted him.

Other interesting bits were that he massively rates Chambers and was amazed that Lyon sold us Lovren for less than 10m.

Also that he knows people are watching him, but he doesn't want to be sat on the bench regardless of how much he is earning.

Get the feeling Poch leaving would be the end for him and even if he stays he might ask to go if a top team came in for him - but he wouldn't push hard to leave if we showed signs we want to keep him, and Poch stays.

You could actually see that in his play early in the season. I don't think he thoroughly trusted him.

He makes this point in the paragraph dealing with Cork and Wanyama. Says Wanyama is static and has little endurance (yet) and that hampers Morgan's possibility of moving around which he likes to do. He's not very complimentary on Wanyama at all, says his game is to be static in front of the defence, win the ball and lay it off with a 4-5 yard pass, when he (Wanyama) tries to anything other than that ie a longer pass or a run, we tend to end up losing the ball.

Who can blame him. Cork is a much better player. Wanyama gives you a physical presence which is helpful against the big clubs, particularly away from home, but Cork is a much better all round player

Disagree. Think Wanyama is better although not easy to compare.

Cork's positioning and decision making I don't think is as good although both very good players.

The start of this season until Wanyama's injury is the best we have played for years - consistently a good shape.

Since his injury we have not looked as good. Although other factors involved I don't think it is a coincidence.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

He makes this point in the paragraph dealing with Cork and Wanyama. Says Wanyama is static and has little endurance (yet) and that hampers Morgan's possibility of moving around which he likes to do. He's not very complimentary on Wanyama at all, says his game is to be static in front of the defence, win the ball and lay it off with a 4-5 yard pass, when he (Wanyama) tries to anything other than that ie a longer pass or a run, we tend to end up losing the ball.
Does he really say that? Schneiderlin seems to say what he wants to the press these days!

Does he really say that? Schneiderlin seems to say what he wants to the press these days!

Yes he does although I'm not sure that he means to be all that disparaging towards Wanyama. Just trying to point out the difference in style and effect between Cork and Wanyama I think. He also questions Victor's stamina( once again as of yet) to play our style for 90 minutes.

And he's exactly right.

I've been saying that since day one.

Fascinating. Thanks Charlie!

I reckon Morgan might end up a manager, he seems quite a deep thinker about the game. Or maybe all pro's are as opinionated but we don't hear it through our media?

Mmm.... interesting comments, though he doesn't seem to rate Wanyama much (I certainly think Cork is a better footballer)... but has anyone else considerd that Victor might be better playing as a CB ?
It may be a case of emphasis being lost in translation a bit, but I'm surprised more hasn't been made on here of one of our midfielders being so critical of his £12m+ midfield partner.

It may be a case of emphasis being lost in translation a bit, but I'm surprised more hasn't been made on here of one of our midfielders being so critical of his £12m+ midfield partner.

This did cross my mind, too. Smacks a little of not giving a s**t doesn't it. Maybe he actually does want away.

Good point. Perhaps is because most agree with him though that Wanyama gives the ball away almost every pass over 5 yards.