City 3 - 1 Saints Reaction.

Pilchards

Terrible day , from being refused entry to the real ale pub I visit every time I'm up there ( change of policy on away fans) , getting soaking wet walking to ground, sw trains ****ing the buses up , to the final insult of getting stuck with a Gastonette on the tube journey from Euston to Waterloo. And all for about £150 , for what ? 30 minutes performance?

Vic & OR were shocking , Yoshida wtf , JWP anonymous yet again. Second half was obviously better, but even if we'd gone 2-3 , reckon they'd have still done us . Our better display second half was as much to do with them stepping off the pace as us playing well.

You can not go to a champions league ground without playing the best available side and can not give them a two goal start . Its as simple as that . I prey that Ron did it to concentrate on Weds , because if he really believes that was our best side for that game, he needs shooting.

Plus points was the performance of all 3 subs . Tadic gave us extra quality , Juanmi didn't look like a little boy lost, and I thought Cauker did well. Mane was head & shoulders above the rest of our side and Long was Long and worked really hard.

If JWP does have this " future England " player tag, lets sell in Jan before other clubs cotton on that he's a myth.

Yeah, bloke was banging on about Gaston getting " a chance" the whole tube ride

Oh a bloke....no use at all then, if it was a girl stupid enough to be deluded about us making any further use of Gaston there might have been some advantages to be had. Gaston has been criminally mismanaged these last 6 months or so, play him or let him go but stop paying him to be 'injured' and do furk all.

Do we know why Cedric was dropped ? Considering Ron plays Yoshida instead for defensive reasons I think after 2 major cocktail ups against both Manchester clubs I conclude that experiment has ran it's course !

we don't know because we are not told (other than that he was dropped), but I would be very surprised if it was not due to injury management, it surprises me how no-one has really noticed how bad his eye injury was and how many times the same injury has recurred. 4 stitches after last weekend, the scar tissue is not getting time to heal before it is split again. The damage in that area is in my opinion serious and needs rest to allow it to heal properly (but I am no medical expert). He is perfectly fit, and there is nothing stopping him training, so its fair to say he is "dropped". I really find it hard to believe that Ronald seriously dropped him to allow Yoshida to be up against Raheem Sterling, if he did why was he not on the bench? Otherwise maybe there is some disciplinary issue which we are not aware of.

Oh a bloke....no use at all then, if it was a girl stupid enough to be deluded about us making any further use of Gaston there might have been some advantages to be had. Gaston has been criminally mismanaged these last 6 months or so, play him or let him go but stop paying him to be 'injured' and do furk all.

Seriously think he was a better option from the bench yesterday than Juanmi, but once again Ron did not exercise that option even when given the opportunity. Juanmi will come good I think, but yesterday was not the best time to bring him on.

what's all the fuss? we played a team more likely to lose a game we're expected to lose, in order to play a full strength team against two games (scousers and villa) that we actually stand a chance at winning.

Don't give me all that 'city were there for the taking' nonsense. putting in the kind of performance that results in winning away at city would have completely taken it out the whole squad, they would have been far more exhausted mentally & physically for the games wednesday and home at villa.

I know that we tried hard second half (definitely not saying we didn't try), but to put out the best squad for 90 minutes for a slim chance to win, or put out a reasonable squad, lose (I think everyone thought we would - my aspiration was we wouldn't be able to get a goal so at least we've gone and done that), but then actually play your best team to give liverpool and villa a good run for their money...more than happy with that decision. if we win at very least the liverpool game, I do not care about this result one bit.

oh and, agreed no clue why yoshida is played. for me that's the only decision I really question of koeman's tenure. I think fair enough putting romeu on for clasie even though on the day he wasn't amazing. But I really do not understand the rb situation. seems very different from past few years when we've had solid full backs whose places are never in doubt.

Edited by eddie

Guh...

Wish we'd played from the start like we played in the second half :(

Really? I thought we were absolutely useless throughout apart from 5 mintues when we scored and might have had a penalty/second. The only reason we even scored was because after going 2-0 up City completely stopped playing and rested themselves for the best part of half the match, and it was patently obvious that the second we scored they'd up their game again. Men against boys and always going to lose it comfortably.

The one upside was that was probably Caulker's best game for Saints.

Defeat is entirely Koeman's fault today setting up with such a negative starting eleven. He seems way too concerned about the opposition at times. Just play the best team and play to our strengths.

Er, just contradicted yourself there.

Are we really saying the players can't play 2 games in 4 days?

I think we're saying it is better if some of the players don't play 2 games in 4 days if we want them to be at their best on Wednesday, which is a completely different thing.

He definitely seems to need to do less than others to earn continuous recalls to the starting XI.

If he is going to make it he needs to go out on loan. Considering we actually bought Romeu and Classie is gradually acquiring the right level of fitness we should have that kind of cover.

L1 did Morgan a world of good, it could do the same for JWP

If he is going to make it he needs to go out on loan. Considering we actually bought Romeu and Classie is gradually acquiring the right level of fitness we should have that kind of cover.

L1 did Morgan a world of good, it could do the same for JWP

I doubt that JWP would even consider a loan move to L1...why should he, he's a first XI regular even though most of of us can't work out exactly why.