Sky Sports News

Iowsaintsfan

You can't really blame sky..... they've been shafted

Agreed. Sky set up a great business. Spend billions on football and excellent programme content, the other tv companies (who didn't have the foresight) then say its not fair and demand to be given access to the channel on the cheap.

Agreed. Sky set up a great business. Spend billions on football and excellent programme content, the other tv companies (who didn't have the foresight) then say its not fair and demand to be given access to the channel on the cheap.

And of course they did all that out of sheer altruism!

It's unencrypted on the satellite so you don't need a subscription. Perhaps you could pick up a cheap system?

You seem to be missing the fact that it soon won't be unencrypted on satellite, they want to charge for it, like anybody will fork out for that on its own, Soccer Saturday was the only decent thing on there. I used to have it on all the time but I just got sick of hearing the same news every twenty minutes. That just leaves the one on the BBC red button which, being generous is ****e, or listening to the radio, obviously doesn't bother me when I'm at St. Marys but as I only manage a handful of away games it will spoil my Saturday afternoon's when I don't go.

You seem to be missing the fact that it soon won't be unencrypted on satellite, they want to charge for it, like anybody will fork out for that on its own, Soccer Saturday was the only decent thing on there. I used to have it on all the time but I just got sick of hearing the same news every twenty minutes. That just leaves the one on the BBC red button which, being generous is ****e, or listening to the radio, obviously doesn't bother me when I'm at St. Marys but as I only manage a handful of away games it will spoil my Saturday afternoon's when I don't go.

Sorry, I didn't look at the link.

I left Sky because I do not want to fund the fishy C U N TS parachute payments.

Want to watch HD football? Get a Humax Freesat recorder.

Want to watch HD films? Get a playstation and go to blockbusters and rent a bluray disk.

Want to watch SkySports news? Go to Justin.tv; its on 24 hours.

Its funny when I had sky, I subscribed to the SKy world package. I thought I would watch all the matches on the sports channels but I would start watching them and they would mostly end up being dull and would normally end up watching something else or just watching sky sports for the headlines instead. I had the movies channels too and they are repeated so many times they just aren't worth it.. All the other channels were mostly filled up with cr@p cheap tv programmes. I mean you really had to look to find anything decent on.

Sky Sports News was the main channel I found myself watching. When I found out it was free on freeview I decided to unsubcribe to sky and save myself £40 a month. I watch Sky Sports news a lot still now but I will not resubscribe to sky just to watch it again. I'll just use the net to find out all my football news, its just as quick with the latest stories on the whole. I'll miss it but not enough to go back to sky.