A message to a certain 16 year-old...

alpine_saint

Quite ironic that the Daily Heil are so outraged, given their support for the Nazis back in the day.

Ok, I'll bite....

Where in that article do the Dail Heil (ha ha @ the clever play on words) say they are outraged? They report on the outrage of others but I can't see any overt editorial opinion within the article.

Never let a sweeping statement get in the way of the facts I say.

That's it. Biting over. Back to the friendly banter....

;-)

Ok, I'll bite....

Where in that article do the Dail Heil (ha ha @ the clever play on words) say they are outraged? They report on the outrage of others but I can't see any overt editorial opinion within the article.

Never let a sweeping statement get in the way of the facts I say.

That's it. Biting over. Back to the friendly banter....

;-)

I can't claim the Daily Heil. Been around for ages.

Isn't everything in that paper outrage? :)

Of course, the irony is that it's the defeat of the nazis that ultimately gave such pond-life the freedom to protest against society with little fear of severe punishment....

If that were true, people would not see the 1950s as a golden age in this country.

Plus you've got to remember that this nipper is still a child. People do extremely stupid sh*t at that age ( and judging from the pic, he doesn't seem that well informed - he's got the swastika the wrong way around for a start).

I'm not saying what he did was right. While I'm not old enough to have any war recollections of my own, I did have relatives who lived through the period. As that sort of direct connection inevitably tails off, the younger crowd are going to have increasingly less respect for the immense sacrifice that our ancestors made.

Completely wrong, but I don't think it's the same as say, someone born in the 1970s doing it. Little cock just doesn't know any better, and we all have a part to play in that.

lovely, just before remeberance day too. Bet the generation who fought against the nazis are probably wondering what the point was seeing this current crop of youngsters doing things like this.

Sigh, so because one youngster of today is a Nazi, we are all waste of spaces.

Not like there were any Nazi's back in the 30's and 40's... did someone say blackshirts?

And before anyone says I lack respect... the guy who did this is clearly a massive **** and the action is despicable.

If that were true, people would not see the 1950s as a golden age in this country.

Plus you've got to remember that this nipper is still a child. People do extremely stupid sh*t at that age ( and judging from the pic, he doesn't seem that well informed - he's got the swastika the wrong way around for a start).

I'm not saying what he did was right. While I'm not old enough to have any war recollections of my own, I did have relatives who lived through the period. As that sort of direct connection inevitably tails off, the younger crowd are going to have increasingly less respect for the immense sacrifice that our ancestors made.

Completely wrong, but I don't think it's the same as say, someone born in the 1970s doing it. Little cock just doesn't know any better, and we all have a part to play in that.

Of course he does. Don't fall into the trap of providing an excuse for ever act of wrongdoing carried out by a teenager. Too many people seek to provide **** poor excuses for acts of wrongdoing and this country is the worse for it.

I was walking from Picadilly towards Knightsbridge and one of the street vendors ,was selling photos of the Churchill statue when it was vandalised with a slogan 'Churchills finest hour'.

Sadly the erosion of history in schools and the trendy, 'The British were always wrong' teachings really is having an effect. Seething i walked on to see that at long last the heroes of Bomber Command are going to get their long overdue monument for their bravery and sacrifice. it is a national disgrace that it needs private money to get the monument built.

I will always be eternally grateful for what these people in all the services did to let us have our modern form of freedom.

Iam not a church goer, but I do visit on Remembrance Sundays

Oh, FFS. You cannot be serious. I would have known sh*t like this was a disgrace when I was still sh*tting in a potty.

I suppose you believe Charlie Gilmour, a Cambridge History stoodent, didnt know what this big stone c*ck in the middle of Whitehall was either...

charlie+gilmour.jpg

Of course he does. Don't fall into the trap of providing an excuse for ever act of wrongdoing carried out by a teenager. Too many people seek to provide **** poor excuses for acts of wrongdoing and this country is the worse for it.

He clearly doesn't, or he would not have done it.

Teenagers are teenagers. They do incredibly stupid things, and have done for all time. Would you prefer that we treat teenagers as adults?

Oh, FFS. You cannot be serious. I would have known sh*t like this was a disgrace when I was still sh*tting in a potty.

I suppose you believe Charlie Gilmour, a Cambridge History stoodent, didnt know what this big stone c*ck in the middle of Whitehall was either...

charlie+gilmour.jpg

He probably didn't, considering how high on drugs he was at the time.

charlie+gilmour.jpg

Ah, the Alpine logic. Person says one thing. Extrapolate and sensationalise. Rinse and repeat.

Dunno what's worse really. A sixteen year old spraying a swastika on the Cenotaph or a grown man losing his sh*t and calling a child a 'c*nt' on the basis of a Daily Mail article.

What difference does it make which paper reported this disgraceful act?

The disrespect and ignorance shown by this 16 year old is quite appalling and a real slap in the face to anyone who has been brave enough to fight for our country.

So what do you propose is done about it that isn't already being done?

It doesn't, he just pointed out the irony of a story of outrage about a Nazi symbol graffitti appearing in a hateful right-wing publication. It is ironic.

But as you say, it's disgraceful regardless of who reports it. It is though, one incident. There'll always be vandals, always be racists, a few Nazis, and more so, there'll always be idiot kids trying to shock. I just get fed up of isolated incidents being taken to generalise all young people. There seems to be a basic ignoring or misunderstanding of statistics when it comes to many people's reaction to newspaper stories.

Also, what a pathetic swastika. Clearly no respect for his own art or racist symbol.

Glad to see the point wasn't completely lost.

Concentration camps... a few months in one of those might help him to know better

Brilliant. You're so upset with him glorifying the Nazis that you'll adopt their methods to suppress him (although tbf, we did invent concentration camps).

Hope that was tongue in cheek.

He probably didn't, considering how high on drugs he was at the time.

B/llocks. If he was that wasted he wouldn't be able to walk or talk or anything. He is just a rich left wing c/nt of the same ilk as hunt sabateurs and anti capaitalist anarchists.

Brilliant. You're so upset with him glorifying the Nazis that you'll adopt their methods to suppress him (although tbf, we did invent concentration camps).

Hope that was tongue in cheek.

Sarcasm doesn't always work well on the net....

Though having visted Sachsenhausen at the age of 15 prehaps putting him in a camp (ie making him visit one)might give him a new outlook on Nazis (have to make his parents pay for it though no freebies at tax payers expense)

In any civilised society (whether it be the poorest of the poor or the richest of the rich!) respect for the dead is taken as the absolute minimum standard of human behaviour !

Given that the dead in this case fell for the benefit of future generations of British people, the crime becomes even more reprehensible !

Sadly some seek to defend the indefensible, which only perpetuates the problem !

If I suggested that he be made to walk around the city centre with a sandwich board stating " I defaced the war memorial " there would be a bl**dy outcry, but I can't think of a better way

of him learning his lesson properly (cue left wing abuse!) !!

There was a video of him at the protest speaking... trust me he was as high and drunk as ****. I doubt he knew which way was up or down. Not an excuse, but fact.

No I don't trust your judgement of it because you are just a kid with no life experience on which to make an informed judgement.

Sarcasm doesn't always work well on the net....

Though having visted Sachsenhausen at the age of 15 prehaps putting him in a camp (ie making him visit one)might give him a new outlook on Nazis (have to make his parents pay for it though no freebies at tax payers expense)

Yeah, I know - which is kinda why I put the tongue in cheek part at the end.

My daughter went on a trip to France and Belgium recently to see the war graves from the First World War, and I think you're right, seeing stuff like that does profoundly affect kids in a positive way.

In any civilised society (whether it be the poorest of the poor or the richest of the rich!) respect for the dead is taken as the absolute minimum standard of human behaviour !

Given that the dead in this case fell for the benefit of future generations of British people, the crime becomes even more reprehensible !

Sadly some seek to defend the indefensible, which only perpetuates the problem !

If I suggested that he be made to walk around the city centre with a sandwich board stating " I defaced the war memorial " there would be a bl**dy outcry, but I can't think of a better way

of him learning his lesson properly (cue left wing abuse!) !!

The problem is perpetuated by people who moan about these things, yet do f*ck all to help address the problem.

I doubt that any baby is born with an innate desire to deface war memorials and disrespect the dead. That happens over time.

Even back in the 80s when I was growing up, people would pull other people's kids up if they got into trouble, offer them some refuge if they knew they came from a bad family - at least try to illustrate that there are better ways to conduct yourself and better ways to live. We've lost a lot of that now. Instead, people sit in their silos with an "I'm alright Jack" attitude knowing that some kid has a sh*t life and doing absolutely f*ck all to try and help. Someone elses problem, right?

I'm not defending this kid. My great grandfather was a Desert Rat. My nan endured the Blitz in West End. Moreover, I was lucky enough to have people looking out for me throughout life - whether they were friends, family or neighbours. A lot of kids don't have those personal connections back to the war, don't have anyone telling what's right or wrong and frankly, don't have much of a future to look forward to. They'll probably end up visiting the neglect that they received onto the kids that they have, and we're back at square one.

More than anything though, I don't like it when people moan about problems without a clue about why they happen and without a clue of how to solve them. They have a phrase in Africa - it takes a village to raise a child. If we weren't so myopic when it came to the problems right in our midst, perhaps this kid might have grown up with a better moral compass. There's a price for indifference to the problems of others. They soon become your problems.

The kids today can't even get a swastika right. I blame the schools.

Well, it's possible that the kid is actually super-educated and was going for the Hindu version of the symbol, which represents the sun's rays.

Probably not, though.

(Doesn't Godwin's Law apply to this?)

Dunno. Godwin's law is when discussions eventually reach the Nazis. The OP had a link to a poorly rendered swastika, so I'm not sure it applies.

So what do you propose is done about it that isn't already being done?

I think for crimes like this they should bring back the stocks.

The problem with any punishment handed out by the courts is that the little scrote will just think they are being victimised by the authorities/government, they need to see that EVERYONE hates them for what they done. Put them in stocks outside St Marys for the next home game, charge 50p per item of rotten veg, £1 for a bag of dog sh!te. Easliy raise enough to have the graffiti cleaned up.

I think for crimes like this they should bring back the stocks.

The problem with any punishment handed out by the courts is that the little scrote will just think they are being victimised by the authorities/government, they need to see that EVERYONE hates them for what they done. Put them in stocks outside St Marys for the next home game, charge 50p per item of rotten veg, £1 for a bag of dog sh!te. Easliy raise enough to have the graffiti cleaned up.

There's a reason we don't know this kid's name. He's a kid, and the justice system normally protects the identities of minors because, hey, they're just minors.

I congratulate you for offering up a solution. Truth be told, I'd probably enjoy tossing a tomato at a tearaway - but I'd be a bit worried about his ability to be rehabilitated when the whole town knows him as a vandal.