Saint Keef
Members-
Posts
803 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Saint Keef
-
Various people on here saying we don't have enough money to buy this that or the other. Need to sell now before we can buy etc etc. That's a pretty big assumption unless you know something the rest of us don't. You may of course, be absolutely right, however, I don't know and I suspect nobody on here actually knows just how much the owners are prepared to splash out and none of us will know for sure until that transfer window SLAMS shut. £30m for Broja plus possibly 2 or 3 other players may indeed be outside our budget. Equally, it may not. They may have spent cautiously and not broken the bank, on the likes of Aribo, Lavia, Kotchap and Bazumu, but for all we know there may be a larger chunk waiting in order to get the right players (striker? No 10? cb? rb cover? etc etc) in. Or there may be nothing left in the pot. My point being, nobody actually knows. It's pure conjecture how much the owner are willing to spend.
-
Great post. However, I don't think you should let it drop now. You've done well to get this far and probably deserve some sort of honorary life membership to Saints. So wherever Bednarek goes, and for whatever fee, just tell your mate "Anything less than fifty or sixty million and I tell you, they've got themselves a f***** bargain".
-
Genuine question as I don't know the answer. Maybe someone on here knows. Can Tottenham enforce a buy back clause for KWP at any time during his contract with Saints, or would they have to wait for the end of that contract. Presumably if all parties were in agreement and the price was right. it could be at any stage, but if Saints were unwilling to sell at the moment, surely that contract is binding. However if it were to be run down, he could go on "a free anyway" which I guess wouldn't suit us. As I say, just asking...
-
Bednarek is to Leicester, what Winks is to Southampton!
-
The end of the bell? or to put it another way......Bell end.
-
It sounds as though Forest have well and truly had their bin dipped! 🤣
-
Apologies if this has been posted previously. BBC reporting that Forest have agreed a £17m deal with the the world's greatest ever team, ever to walk the planet, (otherwise known as the Bin-Dippers) for Neco Williams. Is it me, or is that about £10m too much? £17m!!!
-
Romeo Lavia - Official: Signs for Not Liverpool
Saint Keef replied to Saint Garrett's topic in The Saints
Welcome to Romeo Lavia. May he have a long and successful career with SAINTS! -
Yes indeed. Being from Berkshire, I used to go and watch him at Reading, so my feeling is, it would be a good 'fit' for him to return there and as you imply - I can't see Ince being there for too long. I think Reading have transfer limitations due to FFP rules - or something like that - so a free transfer would probably suit them as well I guess.
-
I think he would make a very good coach, utterly professional throughout his career. Has stayed fit. I can't remember him ever being out with a long-term injury. I imagine he would set a fine example to younger players. I agree, now is the right time to bid him farewell, but best wishes to him wherever he goes.
-
Sitton Delap. I know I shouldn't laugh at my own jokes, but......🤣🤣🤣
-
It's bloody confusing enough with names such as Che Adams, Adam Armstrong, Stuey Armstrong etc. Think about it guys, do we really want to be further confused by Oriol Romeu and Romeo Lavia. I'm wondering if there's an Adam Romeo out there that we're also eyeing up to give us the full set.
-
Wet Spam say that Rice is worth £150m. Rice is a very good player granted, and to them, that is what he's worth. But he's not twice as good as JWP. I think we should have stuck £100m tag on JWP. Imagine if the Spammers sell Rice for £150m and replace him for £75m with JWP, how would that make us look? They've then got JWP and another £75m to spend on other players as well, so it's a BIG NO for me.
-
Southampton have attempted to deter interest from Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham and West Ham in 27-year-old England midfielder James Ward-Prowse with a £75m valuation. It will be interesting to see if our club captain is pictured in the kit release promos!
-
Armel Bella-Kotchap - Official: Signs for Verona
Saint Keef replied to Ldnsaint's topic in The Saints
All well and good being able to head, tackle, pass accurately and having good pace as well, but the crucial question must be, can he deliver where it matters, ie. longer throw-ins than Salisu? -
Or one red sock and one white sock. Proper trendsetting. Another Saints "first". 🤣
-
Good luck to the lad and welcome aboard Gav. On the face of it, seems like a good signing and a definite upgrade. Time will tell of course, but I have a positive feeling about this. Now to find a decent centre back pairing in front of him. Salisu + one?
-
I agree. I know he was out with injury but when he did return for Leeds, I thought he "went missing" in the games I saw him play on Leeds run in. In my opinion, nowhere near international level. Declan Rice and JWP should be above him in the pecking order.
-
You beat me to it. He knows the English game. he knows the European game, is familiar with those in and around the squad. Why not?
-
Their fans were spitting nails with them buying Bertrand (albeit free) and Vestergaard, Brendan seems to collect Southampton players as though they are Panini stickers. It doesn't matter if they're any good or not, he just needs them to fill his album. If he comes back for Theo, he'll have the whole set.
-
Charlie Austin's coming back then. 🤣 (I find that if you set your expectations extremely low, the anti-climax is far easier to stomach)
-
Good luck to him. Always been a model professional. I really hope he has a successful time at Reading.
-
I'm guessing no one has seen him since.
-
If true, might mean Rice is leaving Wet Spam and they want to get the replacement in early and would be able to afford him. Wait and see how much they get for Rice and then match the price for them to have JWP.
