Jump to content

Saint Keef

Members
  • Posts

    803
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Saint Keef

  1. Thanks for the various replies all - I'd forgotten the JWP and Redmond game......well I remembered JWP came on but forgot Redders had come on as well. Cheers.
  2. Boring - the build up was so slow. Very little inventiveness I thought. Danny didn't have much to feed on. I thought JWP had a generally positive game and when he did lose it, chased back and won it back with that new "bite" he has in his game. Anyway - genuine question as I don't know....hope it hasn't already been mentioned previously in this thread.. When was the last time in an England game, Saints had two players on the pitch at the same time? Someone on here will know I'm sure......Cheers.
  3. No news on Skakel, but we're looking at a young kid from The Channel Islands apparently. Matthew something or other....
  4. From what I saw of Grealish at St Mary's last year, he spends most of his time falling over if a defender goes within about three feet of him. The most fouled player in the prem apparently and I'm not surprised based on what I saw. On the concourse at half time, most of the conversations I overheard were what an annoying w****** he is. What is as bad, is the referees buy it every time. Still, I suppose he can fall over for England now. Good luck to JWP and Danny though. DO NOT under any circumstances get injured!!!
  5. They are very slow. Apparently we've signed Kevin Keegan......and Mick Channon has left.
  6. Chief Executive Martin Semmens doing all the media stuff of late concerning this debacle. I guess that's his role as Chief Exec.. However I wonder why we haven't had a statement of sorts from our owner in all this....Oh hang on a minute.
  7. Thanks Trousers....Phew! Everything's ok again..... But hang on again. Why is he leaning to the left? Maybe he was told we play in stripes and the he can't work out the sash. By leaning to the left he is trying to make it look more like a stripe.
  8. OK. Now we've seen Salisu in an actual Saints shirt, but hang on a second.......he is not smiling. Something must be terribly wrong!
  9. Good business for Fulham and good business for us I'd say. As regards Fulham - £8m for a player who will go straight into their midfield as a starter and fits into their system nicely. As regards us, £8m for a player who can't get into our first team and doesn't suit our current system. So I think both parties will be pretty happy, plus the lad gets to play regularly and presumably pockets a few quid as well.
  10. OK - let's start the predictions. How many starts will he make for Fulham? Not including substitute appearances. My guess - 14 appearances max. Fulham will either realise he's a waster or he'll pick up a mysterious injury. Nearest guess wins a prize of a holiday for two to.........well nowhere at the moment due to Covid. I don't get to every Saints game, but I did get to see him "live" on several occasions and I honestly couldn't see what all the fuss was about him. Very frustrating player and lazy. Poor attitude. That said, the managers at the time, and style of football could hardly be described as motivational. It would have been interesting to see how he played under a manager like Ralph, not that he struck me as the sort to fit into Ralph's high press system. Obviously Ralph felt the same way.
  11. It's only a feeling, but I think those three goals at the end of the season will make a world of difference to Adams. My feeling is....he's going to bag a few this year. If Ings carries on his form then 12-15 from Adams would be useful.
  12. Saint Keef

    20/21 Kit

    The more I see the other kits, the more I like ours.
  13. Could have been much worse I reckon. Palace away and Spurs at home are both winnable if we play like we did at the end of the season. And PEH back at our place so soon. No doubt he'll want to make a point! Equally KWP will want to prove Spurs wrong. Follow that with Burnley away - tough, but again if we go there with the right mindset it's another winnable one. So....0-1 points from the first three games would be very poor, 2-3 would be disappointing, 4-5 points wouldn't be a complete disaster, 6-7 points would be very acceptable. 9 would be brilliant.
  14. Of course every Saints goal is a classic......but actually when you watch that list back to back you realise just how many really high class goals we scored in the season just gone. As soon as we are back in St Mary's they'll have a whole new bunch to put on the big screens before matches and at half time etc.
  15. VVD and Sadio Mane to Barca? Now that would be funny. I'm already laughing at the thought. That would rip Liverpool apart. Maybe Ron will arrange to meet VVD in Blackpool.
  16. Great news this. I've always liked him, but he has definitely improved his game under Ralph. Despite always liking him I thought he was a bit weak in the tackle, but he has added a much tougher streak to his game. A bit more nasty if you like, without being over the top. And our performances with him as Captain speak for themselves. And now if any of the "bigger boys" come sniffing (which wouldn't surprise me) we can put a much higher price on him. More positive news.
  17. Only my view, but I think they will say ownership is unaffected, because if they say anything other, and even hint that Gao needs to get out quickly, his asking price for the club will plummet and other will come around sniffing a bargain. Again, only my view but I think if Gao got offered the right price he'd be off in a flash....hopefully. From what I've seen he has zero interest in the club and any plans he may have had for developing areas around Southampton will have probably gone up in smoke in the current China v Rest of The Western World political situation. As regards new sponsorship; the way we finished the season (post Lock Down) will surely benefit us. Much better than if we'd scraped home with a Pellegrino/Hughes character at the helm.
  18. Maybe we could be sponsored by Velcro........Oh no, that's a rip off too. Sorry! In all seriousness, who pays for the many thousands of shirts that have been manufactured that now won't be sold. No doubting it is a shambles. Many of us mere mortals smelled a rat at the time of the sponsorship deal. How come our highly paid executives and decision makers didn't. Or maybe they did and had no choice but to bite their collective lips because it was coming from the very top that this would be the deal. Maybe if/when our owner goes, the truth will be revealed in time.
  19. Yeh, you're right, I'd particularly forgotten Wan-Bissaka. If there was a World Cup just for Right Backs, we'd probably win that! If KWP can get on a par with him and Trent Alexander, then we'll be laughing. Something for him to aim for though!
  20. Welcome to KWP. This feels like a good signing to me. A definite upgrade on recent right backs. Possible England caps in the future too - probably part of the add-ons - obviously behind Trent Alexander at present, but who knows? A five year contract? - pure speculation, but stays with us for 3 years and moves on to "bigger things" still with 2 years on his contract and therefore possibly with a good profit as well. Time will tell...
  21. Saint Keef

    20/21 Kit

    The Loch Ness FC has to be the coolest shirt. The Inter Milan one hurts the eyes. The more I look at the Sheffield United shirt, the more I think, if a shirt determines how a season will go for a club, they are doomed. I bet their fans don't like it. Some of our designs have been dire recently but not as bad as theirs. They don't even seem to fit the chosen players properly all rucked up under the arms.
  22. Saint Keef

    20/21 Kit

    BBC Sport website showing lots of the new kits. Hope this link works. If not, go to BBC Sports Football page. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53388384 Two comments, Ours gets an honourable 4th place and actually doesn't look too bad against some of the others. And oh dear, what have Adidas done to Sheffield United? Remind you of anything? Looks like they can't make their minds up between a Fulham and Sheffield United kit.
  23. £12m for KWP and £20m for PEH. If these figures are correct, I can't help thinking we've come out of this pretty well. Based upon what we've seen since lockdown I think KWP could be the best right-back we've had for years. Just think.....a right back who can cross the ball accurately. Whatever next?
  24. Steady on......Hoedt must have improved since I saw him. Like watching Bambi on ice.
  25. Absolutely deserved. I'm pleased for him. I think he has worked bloody hard to turn this team around and to get them to buy into his style. It was never going to be an over night thing. The way I feel at the moment is we are very lucky to have him.
×
×
  • Create New...