Hawkswood
Subscribed Users-
Posts
710 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Hawkswood
-
I think once the FA get involved as well this conversation becomes moot. Be stunned if they dont ban him. But agree, Ive come round to the idea ( unbelievably) that if the players will still play for him AND the FA dont ban him then we should keep him.
-
I understand that I haven't said anywhere that I condone what has been done, but for the amount of retribution that has been dished out for something - that by their rules is still fundamentally allowed - seems way over the top to me. That was the point I was trying to make and again NOWHERE have I tried to defend what has been carried out.
-
Theres also the quite arbitrary 72 hours rule. Before that, fine, no problem. A minute after, kill them all.
-
I live in London and am surrounded by fans of tonnes of different clubs and that includes my mates..... I know it feels more immediate to us but honestly, most people dont give a shit. Much like when bielsa did it, I didn't really care then. What most people have said to me is, why would they risk such massive reputation damage for such limited gains.
-
I think this is an interesting point. The fallout would obviously be a much more dampened affair and there would be nowhere near as much blowback. But that hasnt happened. He needs to go along with anyone else involved, no questions asked. The reputational damage is immense.
-
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
So did someone within the club grass us up ? -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Thats what I said !! Was looking forward to the day out though. -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Just wondering, if by some miracle the decision is reversed ( cant see it by the way), how I would still feel about going to Wembley to cheer them on. More so, how I would feel if they won. Ive got a feeling it would be hollow. -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Tbh I dont feel anything for either boro or Hull. Its shame and embarrassment that I feel for my club. What were they thinking. -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Not sure if you log on for deadline day but you should, its fucking hilarious. So many people knock the posters on thoa site but not for me, I think the vast vast majority of people on here are brilliant and Ive only had three beers. -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Have we won yet ? No ? Okay, back tomorrow. -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
With you dude -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Yeah but its really not up to them -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Probably right. Fine defo, but if the points deduction is too high ie, similar to Leicester which it shouldn't be, we'll contest it over the next few weeks, which will probably then be reduced. They'll still want the final to go ahead with us I think. Kicking us out leads into very very choppy water. -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Yeah, I tend to agree. Would be fucking hilarious but does feel, as you say, a bit far fetched. -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Sorry to be a dick but this is only 50% true. Whilst I agree that social media has an AWFUL lot to do with this - its why I personally dont use social media at all, I think its a cesspit, its a tactic that fox news has been using for a couple of decades. One of my slightly sad passtimes is a passion for American politics for the past 30 years and what fox news would do is create a headline from something innocuous, then they would get one of their morning shows to run a segment which in turn would be picked up by a later edition of a news programme on fox and so on and on until its been brought into the national consciousness. Its very clever and creates its own headlines depending what Murdoch ( or Ailes at the time) wants their agenda to be. Thats the first I know of of creating an echo chamber but I do totally agree with you, social media just ramps it up into overdrive to reach out to many more people. Okay, Im done. -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Woke up and read that. Now that's funny. Good work, probably not good enough to catch @miltonaggro but always worth a bash. Sorry dude 😉 -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Ive read a lot of pages on the Boro site and have come to this fairly succinct observation. They are nowhere near as funny as the posters we have on here. Okay, thats my two pence worth. -
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Can anyone paste a link to their forum please. No worries if not -
Nah, no way this is 1pm kick off
-
This is exactly what I was saying earlier ( although with a bit of a wink). They were beaten over two legs which had nothing to do with cheating.
-
The Spygate Saga - 6 Week ban suspended for Eckert
Hawkswood replied to St Chalet's topic in The Saints
Not sure anyone has mentioned this but we got caught doing whatever we were supposedly doing, so we couldn't use it to our benefit. So we beat boro fairly. Whats the issue ? 😁 -
Seemed easier for him to just not give anything to anyone
-
Yeah totally agree. He seemed to bottle the big decisions. Been reading the boro forum and their fans have legitimate gripes. I do realise theyre feeling emotional after the game but we have plenty of gripes also. Refereeing really wasnt great but I think that was a really tough match to ref without VAR. So much going on inside the boxes.
