Jump to content

Matthew Le God

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    31617
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Matthew Le God

  1. I'm talking more about the match AI and physics than the graphics (although they have also improved). FM left the match AI as it was in FM11 for FM12. For the last two years they have been working on new match AI and a physic engine. Because the game is modular it means they can work on areas over a longer time and then put them in. For example they have thing in mind for FM14, FM15 and FM16 which will take more than the yearly cycle to make. Remember also that SI are working on a fraction of EA's production budget for FIFA. Plus EA also released their first 3D football game about 17 years ago, SI 's first was 4 years ago. That is quite a headstart. You can get it cheaper than £25, it is £19.99 here for example... http://www.simplygames.com/info/19718/Football-Manager-2013-PC Even if it were just a data update (which it isn't), is £19.99 expensive when you divide it by the hours you will play it? Play the free demo and decide rather than making your mind up now.
  2. Phil Neville plays in central midfield for Everton.
  3. I'm sorry but that couldn't be further from the truth, large parts of the game have completely changed, others have seen significant improvement to how they work. For a start it isn't a "slight graphical update" for the match engine, the match engine has been completely re-written behind the scenes over the past two years and is now seeing the light of day for the first time in FM13. There are over 900 new features this year, it is a long way from being a mere data "update".
  4. They wouldn't be up against each other as they are both left backs.
  5. To play Fonte as a holding midfielder when he hasn't played there before just isn't going to happen. Schneiderlin is a better holding midfielder than Fonte will ever be. I think we'll continue to use the 4231 system, with the only change from the starting line-up vs. Aston Villa being possibly Richardson for Fox. Everton aren't exactly Man City are they? The gap between the sides is closer and with Ramirez playing behind Lambert he won't be isolated and they can share the work load of closing people down.
  6. This. I find it hard to understand why anyone would want anything other than the weakest team left in the competition at St Mary's. Saints have a reasonable chance of winning the League Cup this year, so the easiest route to the final please. Rather than another trip to the Emirates/Old Trafford etc, we could have a European tour next season for you all to enjoy.
  7. [video=youtube;3B5M_8q8K-8]
  8. I don't know, but I would think they probably have a Saints fan/researcher doing the Saints data like I do for FM.
  9. Is it bizarre? I've seen him play numerous games, his technique is poor, his awareness is poor, his positional sense is poor, he doesn't jump and attack the ball etc etc. Tonight his passing was dreadful, particularly in the first half, he simply isn't aware of situations around him and is far too casual. I wasn't overly confident with him when in League One, luckily we didn't need him in the Championship. We are now in the Premier League and if he ever were to play I fear he'd be completely out of his depth. He needs a move to a promotion chasing League One side like Bialkowski did.
  10. Of that list I think most will leave relatively soon in next few transfer windows and I think only Tadanari Lee, Cork and Rodriguez will be here long term in a first team playing capacity.
  11. Cheap way of meaning they didn't require ball assistants to fetch the ball from that stand!
  12. To show how much of a reserve fixture it was, Adkins even let Crosby do the pre and post match interviews! So even the management was the reserve tonight!
  13. Alot of this is stemming from our differing views on the definition of "reserve", I'm merely using it to describe someone that is not in the first choice XI. If they are not in the first choice XI they are the reserve/backup to those that are. That doesn't mean they are in the "reserve team" or development squad. Just that they are the backup to the first choice, with everyone fit I think Rodriguez would be behind Lambert in the pecking order and Davis and Schniederlin would generally play ahead of Cork and Ward-Prowse.
  14. Yes, my opinion. Although some on here think I am unable to form an opinion. Davis has joined us as former captain of Rangers and will be one of our highest earners. He has not come here to play second fiddle and will be seen as first choice. Schneiderlin plays a vital role in the team and in my opinion is a better player than Cork. That isn't to say Cork isn't good, I'd be more than happy to see him play for us in the Premier League. Ward-Prowse is clearly extremely talented and has a big future, he is though still only 17 and I think he will be dipped in and out of the team over the season.
  15. When did I say Cork was a reserve "just because he was injured". I haven't said such a thing, Davis and Schneiderlin are the first choice if everyone is fit for central midfield. Cork and Ward-Prowse provide competition for places and more than adequate replacements. There is still a pecking order and I think Cork and Ward-Prowse in the 4231 system we are now using are 3rd and 4th choices for central midfield.
  16. Since then, we have signed Ramirez. In order for Ramirez to play Ward-Prowse is the most likely to make way. Reserve simply means backup to the first choice, it doesn't mean they won't play or start. To see Ramierz play is more of a draw then to see Ward-Prowse play. Are you disputing Lambert is more of a draw to the fanbase than Rodriguez? Rodriguez is a good player, but I don't know how to break this to you, he is reserve/backup to Lambert.
  17. Have I said they aren't good players? Have I said they won't play or start in games this season? No on both counts. All I said was they are not in the first XI, and anyone that is not in the first XI is a reserve or backup to those that are. For example... - Lambert is our first choice striker, Rodriguez is his reserve. - Boruc will be the first choice keeper, Gazzaniga will be his reserve. - Davis and Schniederlin are the first choice central midifeld, Ward-Prowse and Cork are the reserves. etc etc
  18. If a player isn't in the first XI, he is a reserve to those that are. We only had one or two players that would be in our best XI playing tonight.
  19. Well they aren't first choice players, so that makes them reserves to those that are. Our three big players, Lallana, Ramirez and Lambert all weren't in the squad at all today. They are the real draws to attract fans, and our fanbase knew it would be the backup players and youngsters vs a lower league team tonight. An attendance of nearly 10k with that in mind really isn't that bad.
  20. How many of tonight's team would be starters for the 1st team if everyone was fit? Two, Yoshida and maybe Hooiveld. Our first XI will be... Boruc Clyne Hooiveld/Fonte Yoshida Fox Schneiderlin Davis Lallana Ramirez Puncheon/Mayuka Lambert
  21. Tonight was pretty much a reserve game for £15 vs lower league opposition, just days after a game that cost over £40 per adult.
  22. - MK Dons were playing a team two league above them. - Leeds were playing big team from the League above. - Chelsea are the European Champions. - Man City are the English Champions. - West Ham were playing another Premier League side. Saints were playing a team from a lower league and every Saints fan knew it would be Saints reserves playing tonight. 9,000 for want was pretty much a reserve game against lower league opposition and you are complaining?
  23. Did you, when was that? In any case tonight was pretty much a reserve game in terms of the Saints team/subs and it was against lower league opposition.
  24. He was poor. He is a bottom half Championship player at best and a decent League One club is probably really his level. His positional sense, technique and awareness is shocking, I dread to imagine him playing for us in a Premier League game. He is not going to improve to the level we need at this stage of his career, he is far too limited for top flight football.
  25. He went off injured.
×
×
  • Create New...