Jump to content

cambsaint

Members
  • Posts

    591
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cambsaint

  1. As I have asked you before 19c :- If Lowe wasn't pig-headed then why on earth didn't he attempt a rescue along the lines of a rights issue or debenture loans by the major shareholders. To my simple mind a fairly small investment would have rescued Saints and probably allowed us to stay in the CCC. I accept that as we were a basket case underwriting the issue may have been a problem, but I suspect that many fans would have bought shares. It certainly would have been preferable to passing around the begging bowl as happened. Also I cannot see any logic in Aviva's position- they own a stadium that Southampton CC are very unlikely to allow any substantial planning change of use for, and it is virtually valueless in our current situation. Surely a more pro-active negotiation on both sides could have avoided administration, in which Aviva will probably be the biggest loser. To my eyes at first sight there appears to have been pig-headedness to the extent of fatal swine-flu on these negotiations by one or both parties.
  2. cambsaint

    Leon Crouch

    Nineteen C : Perhaps you will ask your Uncle Rupert why after milking the club of millions in dividends, salary, expenses, and payoffs, he didn't try to rescue Saints by either organising debenture loans from the major shareholders or a rights issue. It mystifies me. And I'm sure you are in a position to ask or even reply.
  3. cambsaint

    Leon Crouch

    I really cannot believe the negativity attached to the response to Mr Crouch's loans. Just remember that if the other major shareholders had either wanted or been able to they could have at any time either arranged a new share issue or put in debenture loans which would have secured both their investments and S.F.C. The fact that didn't really suggests that most of them had gone past the point of caring what happened to Saints and were prepared to sacrifice their investments. Of course Lowe still came out on top as he has milked such a massive amount from salary, fees and payoffs while he had the power to . I for one would be perfectly happy to see Crouch as Chair as he has shown more committment than anybody else. Whether he is the best person is a different matter but -"He who pays the piper calls the tune." NB I have absolutely no connection with any of the persons involved, and if I met any of them it was a long long time ago, when we were very young.
  4. Skilful players can often look after themselves. Remember Terry Paine, hardly ever got injured by thuggish defenders, and had a reputation for being able to more than look after himself!
  5. The Baring family mostly lived, (and possibly) still does around Winchester. I believe that Lord Northbrook of Hursley Park was the head of the family at one time. Despite their once enormous wealth they didn't flash it about.
  6. I wsas pretty lashed on my tweenty first which coincided with a home match -(forty years ago). I had double vision and watched two matches for the price of one!
  7. It would appear that even the most blinkered lowelife apologists now realise that his position is indefensible and in a final act of revenges are turning on Crouch
  8. I never ever, even in my worst nightmares believed that we would swap places with Peterborough! Thankyou very much Lowest of the Lowe.
  9. Its a very messy situation. I personally agree that League's statement that SFC and SLH are inextricably linked. However spare a thought for the other relegation fighters- We still may appeal, which could leave the relegation issue in limbo; and now Notts Forest will face a team that will have nothing at all to play for on the last day of the season, hardly fair on Norwich or Barnsley! A typical mess; but as one of the few people who is as, or even possibly more, unpleasant than Lowest is Mahwhinney what would ypu expect?
  10. Can we really blame the players? The senior ones have been inside throughout the disastrous Lowe experiment, seen a very good manager got rid of, two Dutch clowns brought in, seen Lowe make every attempt to get rid of them, not play them to avoid paying them appearance and win bonuses. Seen the backbone of a good team lost. What motivation can they have left? The youngsters probably thougt in their naivety that they could succeed, but grim reality will have finally dawned, they were far too inexperienced, although individually talented. Their confidence will have been shattered, but hopefully not beyond repair. It is some of these who may bear the brunt of the experiment's failure, reputations ruined, confidence shattered; somemay have their careers finished. Will any of these retain the enthusiasm and morale left to avoid relegation? Would any of us on the inside of a company mismanaged by a fool, and in its death throes, really be able to muster any enthusiasm to provide our best work. I think not. We would be concentrating on finding new jobs and getting out intact! Saints will be relegated. We must hope that we survive, get good new owners,and that the club comes good again.
  11. I have often wondered why some type of rights issue was never effected. All the shareholders who have lost everything would have rescued something, and for those who didn't wish to subscribe then fans may have taken up a substantial number. I have to conclude that some major shareholders either wouldn't or couldn't invest any more, or perhaps there was so much mutual loathing between them that they couldn't/wouldn't cooperate. Perhaps N/C with his direct line to the duck-murderer could enlighten us further?
  12. I suppose that Southampton's spaciousness is partly the result of being blitzed flat in 1940 and being rebuilt from a clean slate. I can still remember large parts of central Southampton being a bomb site and some of the major stores I believe temporarily moved to Winchester. As did one of the grammar schools-Peter Symonds in the morning, Southampton in the afternoon. I am not old enough to remember that but was once listening to friend who went to PS in the war telling me that at D-Day the tanks arrived at Winchester, drove down North Walls (where until recently you could see the marks on the kerbs from the tracks to Winchester bypass thence to the docks and military port. The boys watched them in the afternoon after the Southampton boys had arrived! How did we get there, on a Saints board!
  13. Remember a lot of people have many competing committments in the Easter holidays, from visiting family, going on holiday and taking the family out. For many family comes before football. I consider the attendance very good all things considered.
  14. I sat next to Mahwhinney at a dinner once. I have never met a ruder, surlier or more unpleasant man in supposedly polite society. I was extremely pleased when as soon as he had finished eating our food and wine he stood up and said "I'm going , I've got business in the House." All he brings to football is a knowledge of the trough (HoC) and contacts. He is really a rugby man, was VP of one of my rugby clubs. (I played as a forward-was too big for football-my first love)
  15. How much did we get for the live disaster against Wolves, or have we p####d tha away already? I personally don't really approve of asking for donations from those who may not be able to afford it unless a great deal more information was forthcoming. Unfortunately I am committed to keeping the village cricket club going; we need a new pavillion, a new roller, sight screens- the lsit goes on.
  16. It is pretty obvious that the current shareholders who stand to lose a great deal consider The Club to be a basket case unless they attract another investor. It beggars belief that a consortium of directors couldn't have lent the club a million for short-term working capital. The only hope is that either the shareholders are so divided as to be irreconcilable, or that they realise that new investment won't come in while they are in place and they hope to rescue something by getting out.
  17. Let us hope that we rise like a phoenix from the ashes, and there isn't a ruddy faced duck hunter poised with a 12 bore to shoot us down again!.
  18. Goal difference is usually an extremely reliable predictor at the end of the season. Ours which was dreadful is steadily improving while Plymouth's is steadily worsening. Ours is better than Forest. On this basis TDDs prediction may well be correct. I certainly hope so. However the issue could be easily decided by injuries or suspensions to key players. It's squeaky bum time for sure. Cambsaint
  19. The one thing that seems certain is that to survive we need at least 50 points, but 55 should be completely safe. If we remain playing as we are then both are possible. The thing that worries me are key injuries or bans. It is essential for all our players to be very self-disciplined and not pick up needless cards.
  20. cambsaint

    RIP car

    Many years ago as a student, I shall never forget Southsea to Sunderland and back in my mates Reliant three wheeler, (he only had a motorbike licence). The weather was awful on the A1, high winds and driving rain, every large lorry nearly made us take off. His parents lived in Derbyshire thank God so we stayed overnight there. Never again.
  21. ESB Don't mention Windsor Castle and electrics to Beetroot Bonce. It may be highlly inflammatory!
  22. I regret you have misunderstood my final comments. I would hardly have described Lowe as a buffoon if I wasn't of the opinion he is a disaster area, and as far as football management is concerned a total incompetent. What I meant is that the most important issues are financial survival and avoiding relegation. While I realise we are still in dire straits I fervently hope that we can remain solvent and in the CCC. With that in mind I see no future in discussing the affairs of the shareholders, and the ownership of the club ad nauseum, as we have been. I doubt that any rescue or bid or even administration proceeding would be forthcoming until relegation is decided. Therefore we should concentrate on supporting our team until the end of the season, with the caveat that Wotte continues to pick and start our experienced players. The campaign to rid us of Lowe and his cabal can begin again then. If I was local and a season-ticket holder I would not rebook until Lowe et al had gone; but I would go to SMS for the remaining matches now. I think even a sociopathic narcissist like Lowest knows the majority of the supporters loathe him and want him gone.
  23. To paraphrase Churchill it certainly isn't the beginning of the end but may be the end of the beginning. Hopefully Lowe's disastrous masterplan that many of us derided from the outset has now been discarded and we are going forward with a sensible mix of talented youth and experience. How lucky we may turn out to,be that Saga and Euell didn't go; despite the best efforts of the lowest of the Lowe. For the time beginning I am prepared to stop negativity and hope that we can continue successfully as we should have from the start with a mix of experience and youth. It appears that Wotte doesn't mince his words and hopefully can continue gain enough points to escape what looked certain relegation. If this happens the crowds will return and we may avoid administration. I for one am prepared to leave it that for the end of the season before passing judgement on the buffoon Lowe's masterplan. Hopefully the beginning of the end will be survival both financial and in the CCC and his departure from any meaningful executive position within Saints. But for the time being.... UP THE SAINTS
  24. Alan ball was the best captain of Saints I ever watched. He was truly inspirational, forever pushing a team of very good players along. The only better I ever watched were Moore, Mackay, Crerand and a few from Liverpool.
  25. Remember he lives in Jersey. AFAIK the "in " to Jersey is rumoured to be about £20mill in readily realisable non-properrty assets, and apparently you negotiate your tax individually. It is just possible that he bought one of the very few ludicrously expensive free market properties, and didn't go down the personal negotiation route though. I wouldn't necessarily equate the health of a UK registered company with his personal wealth. HMRC can get at his company but not at him, unless he returns.
×
×
  • Create New...