CB: Jos Hooiveld (74)

RCM: Craig Gardner (75)

LCM: Steven Davis (76)

CAM: Rickie Lambert (74)

RW: Adam Lallana (81)

LW: Gaston Ramirez (81)

ST: Jay Rodriguez (78)

Subs: Davis, Fox, Fonte, Ward-Prowse, Cork, Mayuka, Lee

Schneiderlin requested a transfer after the first game, thankfully Villa came in straight away with a £4.5m bid, so I bought Gardner to replace him. Currently in 2nd behind Spurs approaching December.

Have to say i'm loving this one so far.

My current team:

GK: Jack Butland (71)

RB: Nathaniel Clyne (77)

LB: Martin Olsson (76)

CB: Maya Yoshida (73)

CB: Jos Hooiveld (74)

RCM: Craig Gardner (75)

LCM: Steven Davis (76)

CAM: Rickie Lambert (74)

RW: Adam Lallana (81)

LW: Gaston Ramirez (81)

ST: Jay Rodriguez (78)

Subs: Davis, Fox, Fonte, Ward-Prowse, Cork, Mayuka, Lee

Schneiderlin requested a transfer after the first game, thankfully Villa came in straight away with a £4.5m bid, so I bought Gardner to replace him. Currently in 2nd behind Spurs approaching December.

First season? How much were Olsson and Butland?

What level do you play on Mike?

First season? How much were Olsson and Butland?

What level do you play on Mike?

First season, yeah. Might get to finish it tonight. Butland cost me 1.7m, Olsson was I think around 2.5m. Play on World Class, may have to move it up though. 8pts clear of Chelsea in March now...

Lost 4-2 to Man City in the Capital One Cup Final as well. 2 Balotelli goals in extra time. The f*ckers. They offered me the job there the week before as well!

Just finished my first season with Saints.

- Won the league by 9pts

- Won the FA Cup

- Lost in the Capital One Cup Final

My team starting the new season:

GK: Jack Butland (73)

RB: Nathaniel Clyne (79)

LB: Martin Olsson (78)

CB: Cheikou Kouyate (79)

CB: Ciaran Clark (80)

RCM: Craig Gardner (78)

LCM: Steven Davis (78)

CAM: Gaston Ramirez (84)

RW: Jose Manuel Iturbe (77)

LW: Adam Lallana (82)

ST: Jay Rodriguez (79)

Spent big for Clark and Iturbe, didn't need to buy more than 2 players so got ones with great potential instead.

I'm 5 games unbeaten on season mode (1 win and 4 draws). Forget the fact I lost the previous 15 games, I think I'm getting the hang of it now that that I've learnt how to defend. Mayuka is a great player to have in your team. Most my draws are still pretty high scoring though -lots of 3-3's etc.

Anyone on Ps3 fancy a game?

How the hell do you do penalties

How do you play online.. It keeps asking for a password when the game starts but does not work

You have to time the 'shoot' button press to get it as close to the middle of that bar, in the green section. That's how cleanly you strike the ball, the longer you hold shoot the more powerful the shot. As soon as the press the shoot button you need to move the stick in the direction you want to hit it, the longer you hold this direction the more in the corner it will go but if you hold it too long you will miss.

It's very complicated and I can only presume it is how England players in real life have been taking penalties.

Is anyone else having issues with the game freezing on PS3? Especially on Seasons mode. When I try and play, and opponent has been found etc. when it goes to the training ground bit, the game doesn't load, so there's nothing you can do to get out of it without restarting the whole game. This is happening for about 1 in 5 games I play, and it's getting a tad frustrating...

Is anyone else having issues with the game freezing on PS3? Especially on Seasons mode. When I try and play, and opponent has been found etc. when it goes to the training ground bit, the game doesn't load, so there's nothing you can do to get out of it without restarting the whole game. This is happening for about 1 in 5 games I play, and it's getting a tad frustrating...

Happened several times to me as well, on Xbox 360

Having this problem in career, go to press continue and have to reset the whole system. EA are going to put out a patch to fix but no timescale yet.

Edited by saintsforlife7
E

I got this Saturday. With my new 500gb 'mine is better than yours' superslim.

Lost my 1st 5 online seasons games then won my following 3. Lambert is pants and has a terrible 1st touch. I switched to 4-3-3 and started winning so I think I understand what our Nigel is doing...

Draino76 on PS3. (500gb mega slim (my console, that is)).

A few of the interesting "features" I've come across:

- Players faces being missing

- Linesmen running on the pitch

- Penalties being given against me for absolutely nothing (replay shows my defending jogging along minding his own business)

- Invisible ball

Don't get me started on the AI and the momentum feature.

Can't say I have seen any of those things and i've put a fair few hours in.

Maybe the penalties were given for handball?

As for the AI I think its the hardest Fifa to date. The AI is major improved in both attack and defence. But if your finding it easy then time to crank up the difficulty :)

A few of the interesting "features" I've come across:

- Players faces being missing

- Linesmen running on the pitch

- Penalties being given against me for absolutely nothing (replay shows my defending jogging along minding his own business)

- Invisible ball

Don't get me started on the AI and the momentum feature.

never seen any of these...hope I dont

my only gripe about the game is that penalties are hideous.

to be fair..I only ever play head to heads online...have not explored the game really

Seen all of those in the last two days of playing (since the patch). I don't think I have handballs on either - my defender was jogging a good couple of feet behind the attacker who had the ball.

I'm not finding it easy either. I agree that the AI is tough, but it's tough in ways that just frustrate me - i.e. it cheats. Fouls on my player clean through on goal being given against me, the computer reading everything I try and do to defend against it and waltzing past me, the way it enters God mode at 45 and 85 minutes if it is losing and argh!

I've gone from loving FIFA and pretty much only ever playing the game to hating it, trading it in this weekend. Some of the changes are decent but overall the game is shocking, most annoying is how pathetically easy it is to score, just hit it from 30-40 yards and it goes in top corner or even simpler just hit a lofted through ball from anywhere and the striker is through on goal. Was really looking forward to 13 but I wont be playing it again unfortunately.

I've gone from loving FIFA and pretty much only ever playing the game to hating it, trading it in this weekend. Some of the changes are decent but overall the game is shocking, most annoying is how pathetically easy it is to score, just hit it from 30-40 yards and it goes in top corner or even simpler just hit a lofted through ball from anywhere and the striker is through on goal. Was really looking forward to 13 but I wont be playing it again unfortunately.

the lofted through ball is a killer..

I usually pass it to feet to one of the attackers...who drops off with the ball taking at least 1 defender with him...chipping the ball over to a runner..

i also hate playing online when your oppo seems to want to watch every reply

ffs

Edited by Thedelldays

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any custom formation / tactics suggestions for saints? I've tried playing as other teams but I feel like I'm cheating on saints.

Anyone know how the player matching is performed cus I'm sh**e (keep flitting between div 7-6) and keep playing amazing players that d**k me no matter who I am.

Any custom formation / tactics suggestions for saints? I've tried playing as other teams but I feel like I'm cheating on saints.

Anyone know how the player matching is performed cus I'm sh**e (keep flitting between div 7-6) and keep playing amazing players that d**k me no matter who I am.

I only play as Saints.

4-1-3-2

From current default team I put Davis in Goal and Fox at Left Back. Then on about 76mind bring on Mayuka, Guly and Davis for (usually) Lallana, Puncheon and Cork/Schmeiderlin depending on tiredness or bookings.

Ramires' dribbling, turning and passing is awesome, so use him as much as you can. Defending is one of my strengths, so winning the ball and passing it around and using chipped through balls is my usual technique, with crosses/headed goals from Lambert fairly common.

I used to float around Divs 6/7 like you, but am now steady in Div 4 with the occasional season in Div 3... so persevere, it will come!

If you're on Xbox, feel free to add me 'Essruu' if you fancy an occasional head-to-head or to exchange tips!

Thanks Essruu but I'm a dirty PS3 owner.

I'll give some of those ago. I've just got to the hang of tackling and have looked online at the more hidden tricks so going to spend some time to try and learn those. I've won 53 drawn 52 and lost 87 at the last count and would love to get my wins closer.

It's the most infuriating yet brilliantly addictive game that my wife hates me playing.

Will keep trying tho..

I just played against saints for the first time in ages.. They were running around as fast as I've never seen.. Wiped the floor with me.

Back down to div 7 now tho but playing more competitively with the tips so far. Just getting too old to some of the super quick stuff like the rabona (however its spelt)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently attended the FIWC Grand Finals in Madrid and I have to say the standard is unreal. It's a PS3 only tournament, but has 2.5million players at the start and he winner takes home $20k and two tickets to the Balon d'Or. The winner was a French Professional gamer. I managed to get a game in against the Italian champion Mattia who was Lazio and I went with Bayern. He beat me 2-1 thanks to Neuer but you can see why they are so good. Nearly every single one of the 21 finalists were Real Madrid playing 4-2-3-1 and altered everything in the tactics screen and build up etc. If you guys think your good enough, keep an eye out for the FIFA Interactive World Cup seasons next year and see if you have what it takes.

Ripping it up on Ultimate Team with our squad/in-form players at the moment:

770918034.png

Normally swap Fox out for Shaw mind you as Luke has better defending stats (that figures).

I won Div 1 with my Saints only team but I always play Mayuka (best player in the game IMO) and J Rod as a front 2. Although I have J Rod IF I went back to the NIF one who has 60 something goals in 70 something games for me and is much better again IMO! Much prefer Shaw at LB and the 2 IF CB's are real rocks.

Really p's off those with superstar premier league teams when you beat them with this team!

Ripping it up on Ultimate Team with our squad/in-form players at the moment:

770918034.png

Normally swap Fox out for Shaw mind you as Luke has better defending stats (that figures).

Holy sh!t, is that your main team or your occasional one? My main team 4-4-2 is Vorm, Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Sagna, Dempsey, Kagawa, Gerrard, Valencia, Dzeko/Defoe and Hernadez.

My 2nd team is 4-1-2-1-2 Vorm, Cole, Kjear, Howedes, Beck, Simons, Salihovic, Farfan, Kroos, Huntelaar and Gomez.

My Saints team (rubbish) is 4-4-2 (Lallana + Ramirez (changed to CAM) out of position) Vorm, Fox, Hooiveld, Forren, Sagna, Lallana, Schneiderlin, Cork, Ramirez, Lambert, Rodriguez. I can't afford any informs, tots, Clyne and Mayuka.

I won Div 1 with my Saints only team but I always play Mayuka (best player in the game IMO) and J Rod as a front 2. Although I have J Rod IF I went back to the NIF one who has 60 something goals in 70 something games for me and is much better again IMO! Much prefer Shaw at LB and the 2 IF CB's are real rocks.

Really p's off those with superstar premier league teams when you beat them with this team!

Yeah, after taking that screenshot I swapped Luke in. Have been using Mayuka as super-sub as I can't get over Lambert's strength on the ball. Loving the rage - won 5-2 against a star-filled Div 1 team the other night :D