Watch every game live

Bartosz Bialkowski

Right, I would like to get this to work on my iPad, but do not have any idea how to make this happen. Can someone give me an idiots guide to what I need to download and how I subscribe?

Thank you :)

It is all in the thread but ipad does make it trickier. Basically subscribe to smart DNS (overplay $4.95/month) so in effect makes Internet connection appear to come from eligible region to receive Al Jazeera.

Subscribe to Al Jazeera link in initial post.

Then need to change network settings to put Overplay IP addresses again link is in thread but very straighforward. Only need t do that if need to use ipad as otherwise can use Google Chrome and download Hola plug-in which gives the anonymity ie. can't tell that you are not watching from middle-east.

You then need to set up another Appleid account registered in a middle-east to allow you access to Qatari App Store which then lets you download the Al Jazeera app. Need to register account with no payment details as any uk card will not allow you access - I did this from within ITunes on PC as couldn't seem to do it within ipad

Once downloaded you should be good to go.

All the links are in the the thread but let me know if any issues although i only did it from scratch yesterday after seeing this thread.

It is all in the thread but ipad does make it trickier. Basically subscribe to smart DNS (overplay $4.95/month) so in effect makes Internet connection appear to come from eligible region to receive Al Jazeera.

Subscribe to Al Jazeera link in initial post.

Then need to change network settings to put Overplay IP addresses again link is in thread but very straighforward. Only need t do that if need to use ipad as otherwise can use Google Chrome and download Hola plug-in which gives the anonymity ie. can't tell that you are not watching from middle-east.

You then need to set up another Appleid account registered in a middle-east to allow you access to Qatari App Store which then lets you download the Al Jazeera app. Need to register account with no payment details as any uk card will not allow you access - I did this from within ITunes on PC as couldn't seem to do it within ipad

Once downloaded you should be good to go.

All the links are in the the thread but let me know if any issues although i only did it from scratch yesterday after seeing this thread.

Right I have subscribed and paid for smart DNS, but when I go to Al Jazeera it says I am not allowed to subscribe in the uk!

going to sign up to this when i get round to it

will i need to change my geolocation every time I log in, or just on sign up?

anyone know of a limit on number of simultaneous log ins?

Just one login allowed. No you don't need to change your geolocation as long as you use the same machine every time.

Just one login allowed. No you don't need to change your geolocation as long as you use the same machine every time.

satying logged in? or leave the ip routed through the proxy?

really not worth it if i can't switch between machines, may as well stick with flash & sopcast, I watched all our games last year across 6 or 7 different devices

satying logged in? or leave the ip routed through the proxy?

really not worth it if i can't switch between machines, may as well stick with flash & sopcast, I watched all our games last year across 6 or 7 different devices

You can switch machines all you have to do is login to the new machine and click on the smartdns tab. Either that or change the dns settings from your router then it will be set up for every device that accesses that router I believe.

Right, I intend to sign up on Friday and use HOLA so how do I get the picture from my lap top to my TV? Just get a HDMI cable and plug it on and then select the relevant HDMI channel?

There is a new device called a Chromecast Dongle, it is available in the US and due here next month for about £23.

This will allow a Tab in the Chrome Browser to wirelessely transmit to the Dongle plugged in to your TV HDMI socket. It will not currently work from other browsers, anyway, ideal if you are using HOLA.

It does other stuff like transmitting YouTube & Netflix direct and other services will follow, even Sky are considering one for Sky Go.

Will save a lot of trailing cables for those of you who like to move around.

Cheers, see plenty of ChromeCast videos online.

Alan

I have downloaded the app onto the IPad as per instructions. It now tells me that the cost of subscription is £34.99 for 3 months or £13.99 per month. Do I sign up on the website and use the subscription on the app?

I thought it was cheaper than this somebody mentioned an annual charge if around £80.

Edited by Valesaint

I have downloaded the app onto the IPad as per instructions. It now tells me that the cost of subscription is £34.99 for 3 months or £13.99 per month. Do I sign up on the website and use the subscription on the app?

I thought it was cheaper than this somebody mentioned an annual charge if around £80.

Hi mate, you can't subscribe on the iPad. You must follow the instructions on watchjsc.com on a PC

So, anyone have any problems ?

Yes, I had problems in the first-half on Saturday when their server encountered difficulty at about 3pm with loads of people trying to access the site. My account was blocked due to multiple login attempts and I ended up watching most of the first-half on another stream.

Was fine for the second-half though, and was an excellent-quality picture.

Wish I could get this to work on my raspberry pi...

Me too Hypo, I am assuming you are using XBMC in some form. I have searched the Pi & Raspbmc sites and can find little that makes sense to me! I think there may be a better chance loading the basic OS and trying to run via Browser. Might have a dig in to this sometime soon.

Although its extra cost I am more inclined to go the Chromecast way when it arrives.

Cheers

Alan

Just signed up for this and am currently watching the Celtic champions league qualifier.. All I can say is WOW.. If all the Saints games are broadcast in this quality then its well worth the $12 per month. I am just worried as when something seems too good to be true, it usually is..

Just signed up for this and am currently watching the Celtic champions league qualifier.. All I can say is WOW.. If all the Saints games are broadcast in this quality then its well worth the $12 per month. I am just worried as when something seems too good to be true, it usually is..

Not too good to be true mate.

I had ADMC (similar service just not HD) all last season. Saw every saints minute either live in flesh or online.