Hampshire CCC 2019 Season thread.

Picard

Hants manage to hold on for a draw in the end which mathematically seals safety for another year (thanks Notts)

Defeat in the t20 tomorrow will mean the last month of our season is entirely pointless

No if you enjoy watching cricket it isn't. Absolutely ridiculous comment, from clearly a 20/20 newbie.

No if you enjoy watching cricket it isn't. Absolutely ridiculous comment, from clearly a 20/20 newbie.

I love watching cricket. I was at the very first t20 game in 2003 and will be at Lords tomorrow.

Allow me to rephrase my point: defeat tomorrow will mean the last month of our season will have no bearing on our CC division next year nor our continuing participation in the latter stages of the t20 Blast. The first time that has happened in a very long time

I love watching cricket. I was at the very first t20 game in 2003 and will be at Lords tomorrow.

Allow me to rephrase my point: defeat tomorrow will mean the last month of our season will have no bearing on our CC division next year nor our continuing participation in the latter stages of the t20 Blast. The first time that has happened in a very long time

Better.

Still 3 CC matches left of the season, winning say 2 of those will be an achievement.

For next season team seems to need a bit of an overhaul, starting with sorting out the Crane situation. Lad seems to have been missing most of the time for the last 2 seasons, Topley like?

I see that England have announced 20 international home games for next season as well so decent overseas players are going to be hard to come by, getting Markram back again would suit me.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Not Hants related but what a debacle for England at Headingly today. 67 all out I think. Shouldn't have started the rough stuff yesterday, never bodes well against Aussie sides.

Perhaps playing batsmen in their accustomed batting place, and permitting them to play first class matches outside tests, might help. As far as I can work out, Root has played 3 first class county innings this year, most of them have played none.

Perhaps playing batsmen in their accustomed batting place, and permitting them to play first class matches outside tests, might help. As far as I can work out, Root has played 3 first class county innings this year, most of them have played none.

Well yes, there is far too much international cricket. Used to be one tourist team, played most counties and 5 tests in a summer. Now you have to wedge in T20, 50 over games and several international series going on at the same time. As I said yesterday, for next season there are 20 international games scheduled in England so counties won't have their star players available at all.

• 2 weeks later...

149 all out, pretty lamentable for a side that chose to bat first. Guess it doesn't matter really though.

I see that Berg has signed for Northants on loan for the rest of this season and on a more permanent deal for the next.

Seemed to go downhill (or be out of favour) very fast. Was always a solid value. No Rossouw today, has he gone off to play somewhere else or just isn't available for this game?

We are trying to sign Nathan Lyon for next season.

Fielders better hit the stumps direct. (Guffaw!)

Given we’ve pinched Somerset’s groundsman, if he prepares pitches anything like he did down there, Lyon will clean up.

Hope we have our eye on a top order bat or 2. Still think we’re lacking a quality opener and 3.

Lots of ifs and buts. If our game at Nottinghamshire hadn't been rained off for 3 and a bit days, we'd have still been in the title race in the last few games. Things may have turned out very differently. Also, if Alex Hales hadn't been an absolute dickhead, we'd have had James Vince available for most of the summer.

• 3 weeks later...
You have put my exact post....why do we keep playing dolly drop Wood??

Every season is the same with him can we not get any better or is he cheap??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway congratulations to him for getting a place on the Hundred. Hopefully he doesn't have too many performances like in the Glamorgan game.