Redmond & PEH Contracts

Dusic

Any whispers on new contracts for these two?

Both only have two years left, so selling values will diminish significantly after this summer.

Would be good to get them tied up and imagine we will be trying hard to persuade them. The carrot of a significant pay rise should in theory be enough.

If not, and they make it clear they won't sign an extension at all, then this summer or January would be the optimal time to sell, business wise, not that I hope this is what happens obviously.

Any whispers on new contracts for these two?

Both only have two years left, so selling values will diminish significantly after this summer.

Would be good to get them tied up and imagine we will be trying hard to persuade them. The carrot of a significant pay rise should in theory be enough.

If not, and they make it clear they won't sign an extension at all, then this summer or January would be the optimal time to sell, business wise, not that I hope this is what happens obviously.

Didn’t you do a thread on this about 2 weeks ago?

Another couple of bits from the Staplewood event yesterday:

@TheDanJames: I was on a final warning for questions asked. But asked RW if Redmond + Hojbjerg have been offered new deals because there’s likely to be interest in them. #saintsfc

@TheDanJames: There has been interest in both. However both are part of the plans and the club want them to stay so contracts likely have been or are to be offered. Highlighted the fees bought for and how Hojbjerg one of the youngest captains in the league. #saintsfc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
umm, so Ralph either knows something or he’s putting a bit of out there in public pressure on PEH.....

Didn’t sound like anything was imminent at the Solent fans forum. Martin Semmens seemed to indicate that the club knows PEH’s situation & it sounded like we needed to show him we are really moving in the right direction in order for him to stay.

Hojbjerg is on the radar of some very big teams around Europe. I imagine he's keeping his options open. Club also know that a PEH sale would allow RH to spend. Hope he signs and stays a few more seasons, and the club get rid of other players first.

He will be gone at the end of the season IMO

No shame in that. He is a good player and as long as we (adequately) reinvest

Can't see us getting much for him considering he will only have a year left on his deal. It doesn't put us in a good position to negotiate.

what would he be worth with 3 years left do you think? i like him and think hes good for us but hes not the sort of player i can see attracting a big fee. decent sized european team may want him but hes not going up the table far in the prem i reckon

Can't see the top top teams going in for him, because he gives the ball away too much, but hes a great player for us.

I think his agent is probably just playing tough in the hope we panic and up our offer. I like Hoj but he's not really done enough to get the attention of a top 6 team. Lemina is a better player, when he wants to be, and look how his big move turned out.

I think he does a VVD. Signs a contract extension, stays till the end of next season and then leaves. I think he definitely would have been off if Ralph hadn't come in. But now as captain and with a manager who seems to be an excellent coach I reckon his stock at the end of next season will be very high.