Can you hear the Saints fans sing?

TakingSandbanks

It was so bad it was surreal, never been in the Northam and been so quiet; didnt even sing sha la la at the beginning!

I put it down mostly to never kicking towards us in the second half

Think in reality of the 15 wins in soon to be 61 home games was about to become a reality pretty early on, most folks saw it as being a safe bet as the game trundled on - as said elsewhere the afternoon was summed up on the final whistle when pretty much everyone left in the ground wasn’t prepared to waste any more energy on the team and Boo the performance.

Doesn't matter which way we were kicking, you could have kept the Chelsea fans in the car park all game and it would have still been like a library.

Yesterday we had the worst atmosphere at St Mary's in my memory, there were people videoing Abraham when he scored, people staying behind for selfies with the players of the team that had just smashed us after the game, half half scarves everywhere and tourists in every end of the ground.

Surely now we have to accept something is wrong and do something about it instead of burying our head in the sand as saying how great it all is?

Not sure what you suggest. The PL and PL club's want it this way. They want stadiums full of half and half wearing Football tourists, taking selfies, buying match day souvenirs, drinking £6 pints and eating expensive burgers in fake club pub-bistros or chilling out in manufactured fan zones. Anything vaguely tribal or edgy isn't to be welcomed anymore.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We’ve got hardly any songs about the players, mainly because we don’t like most of our players, we hardly ever win at home, the club are quick to ban anyone who is seen as a bit rowdy , we live in the times of manufactured plastic atmosphere and light shows where fans are encouraged to text a steward if they’re a bit offended by anything. Looks like there will be plenty of empty seats for Leicester but hopefully a better atmosphere without the ‘big game tourists’

Seen this elsewhere, could have legs

1-2-3-4

Pompey got battered

4-0 at home

Pompey got battered

4-0 at home

4-0 at hoooome

1-2-3-4

Pompey got battered

In their own backyard

Pompey got battered

In their own backyard

In their own backyaaaard

Youtube isn't working, what tune is this to?

My perception may be skewed by the fact I was right in the corner and it's a long old end, but I thought the support was really poor today.

Your perception is spot on. It was terrible. The away end doesn’t help but it’s not like it’s any different from recent games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your perception is spot on. It was terrible. The away end doesn’t help but it’s not like it’s any different from recent games

well it was very audible on the radio and the TV so perhaps you have got it wrong. Our away support is good and you just perceive its poor

1-2-3-4

Pompey got battered

4-0 at home

Pompey got battered

4-0 at home

4-0 at hoooome

1-2-3-4

Pompey got battered

In their own backyard

Pompey got battered

In their own backyard

In their own backyaaaard

Youtube isn't working, what tune is this to?

This one

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4825812/england-fans-scotland-troll-song-prague-euro-2020/

well it was very audible on the radio and the TV so perhaps you have got it wrong. Our away support is good and you just perceive its poor

Out away support has been terrible the last few games, tv and radio control mic placement and which noise they broadcast.

Personally I’d go with people who were there over that. And the fact so many that were there are saying it’s sh*t must tell you something.

My perception may be skewed by the fact I was right in the corner and it's a long old end, but I thought the support was really poor today.

Difficult to get everybody singing at the same time due to the long but not very deep side of the ground. I too was in the corner and when you looked down to the other end you could see that pockets of fans were singing and clapping

but you could barely hear what song it was, so couldn't join in.

• 1 month later...

Lots of us were slagging our support a few games ago, but yesterday was the best i've heard us at Arsenal in years, lots of lads, far lower percentage of bingo bus types, noise throughout and proper limbs when the goals went in. Absolute chalk and cheese compared to the Spurs game.

Feels like that saints away block thing is making a difference, noticed the committee account has gone from twitter too, shame as they were helping get people going too, anyone know what's happened?

Lots of us were slagging our support a few games ago, but yesterday was the best i've heard us at Arsenal in years, lots of lads, far lower percentage of bingo bus types, noise throughout and proper limbs when the goals went in. Absolute chalk and cheese compared to the Spurs game.

Feels like that saints away block thing is making a difference, noticed the committee account has gone from twitter too, shame as they were helping get people going too, anyone know what's happened?

ask Takingsandbanks

Good. The committee were a bunch of arrogant tossers. Who do they think they are telling us how to support our team. Plus they bullied that innocent young lad. We don’t need people like that representing our club.

Re: The Committee

'Every single day Every word you say Every time you tweet...

I'll be watching you'

saints-6-752x501.png

I agree - The Saints Voice Panel represent the fans not that bunch of chancers

Agreed. The saints voice Is a wonderful example of diversity at our club, it’s great to see virtue signalling Alice and well in our fan base. What we don’t need is middle aged men with delusions of grandeur telling is to sing. If I want to sit and politely applaud I will.

Agreed. The saints voice Is a wonderful example of diversity at our club, it’s great to see virtue signalling Alice and well in our fan base. What we don’t need is middle aged men with delusions of grandeur telling is to sing. If I want to sit and politely applaud I will.

Singing at football is crass and the behaviour of oiks. We should bring back ripples of applause clackers and comedy oversized badges.